Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It might be the Adventurers-tinted nostalgia talking but that's got to be the best 4+ set they've done yet. They took the parameters of 4+ and worked with them to make vehicles that actually look good, rather than slamming the parameters into an impossible vehicle (cough X-wing cough) or phoning it in. Joker's car looks like it'd be in a regular set, and the Batmobile looks beefy and respectably shaped. The minifigures are unfortunately overused, but it's still great to see such evolution for the theme.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

May.

Do we know when in May? Really loving that Batmobile, so much so that I might grab Robin from the 66 Batcave on bricklink now in case his price shoots up.

10 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Do we know when in May? Really loving that Batmobile, so much so that I might grab Robin from the 66 Batcave on bricklink now in case his price shoots up.

I have a feeling a new version will come in a d2c ucs 66 batmobile, with a 66 batgirl as well

Edited by thephantasm

59 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I have a feeling a new version will come in a d2c ucs 66 batmobile, with a 66 batgirl as well

That would be rather expensive compared to this one 

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Okay, but bear with me.

If we do get a 66 D2C, there's no way we don't get Batman, and the one in this set isnt nearly good enough to be in a D2C.

What if WHAT IF we finally get a new helmet?

7 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What if WHAT IF we finally get a new helmet?

No way. The only chance we get a new helmet is when lego makes a battinson figure, because of the way his cowl is. It exposes the sides of his jaw and is not attached to the cape

Even then I don't think lego will make a new cowl for him

batman-10.jpg

Edited by thephantasm

8 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

No way

I know, I'm just in denial.

Okay, I know this is 100% not the case, I just wanted to get it out of my head.

Since we know this year we were supposed to get The Batman lego sets, could the D2C be based on Pattinson's Batmobile?

Seems highly unlikely, though, since it would've moved dates already and we wouldnt know about the set.

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I know, I'm just in denial.

Okay, I know this is 100% not the case, I just wanted to get it out of my head.

Since we know this year we were supposed to get The Batman lego sets, could the D2C be based on Pattinson's Batmobile?

Seems highly unlikely, though, since it would've moved dates already and we wouldnt know about the set.

99% sure the d2c is a ucs 66 batmobile. They just want to sell the minifig scale version as a retail item because they saw how much demand there was for the 89 gwp

On 3/29/2021 at 5:11 PM, Jables669 said:

I have almost every single DC character ever produced as a minifigure (but not every variant).  I'm only missing the SDCC exclusives and a couple obscure batman characters. 

Oooooh, nice. You might want to post it here too:

Edited by BrickHat

66 Robin seems to becoming quite popular on Bricklink since this set's announcement. I went and bought him and the other 60s characters I wanted in fear of them going up in price. :P

The '66 Batmobile is listed on Shop@Home for $30 USD/$35 CAD with a release date of April 26th. That's a lot sooner than I thought, which is good because i can't wait to get it.

Also on the display stand plaque it says that the type of fuel that the Batmobile takes is "Batfuel" lol.

Edited by TheBatstan

Damn it was an April Fools joke, this day sucks when it comes to leaking, especially when stuff is real like the Looney Tunes CMF.

2 hours ago, Bobby Drake said:

New ‘66 Batcopter leaked with Robin, Joker, and Batman. Anyone know if this is real or fake?

Lmao how could anyone think it looks real

I do wish we'd get those variants, tho

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

The '66 Batmobile is listed on Shop@Home for $30 USD/$35 CAD with a release date of April 26th. 

It’s listed as £35 in the UK which, even allowing for the 20% VAT included in UK prices, is still about 37% more than the US price. Sure, the US benefits from economies of scale, but £35 (about $41 when VAT is removed) is still ridiculous. I was going to get it on day one but not anymore. I’ll wait for it to be discounted.

Edited by AmperZand

Im surprised we haven't got a batman v joker mech battle set! 

One set number remains under the 7619_, will it be a DC set, Marvel or just a blank set!

2 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Im surprised we haven't got a batman v joker mech battle set! 

One set number remains under the 7619_, will it be a DC set, Marvel or just a blank set!

Would be great to find out, but Afaik LEGO does occasionally skip set numbers and this might just be the case. Think there was one missing in the IW set number run (76106) that never appeared, and reasonably sure that wasn't the only time that's happened. I believe there are some sets that get pretty far down the development path that end up getting pulled, and that is why we have these "unallocated" numbers.

8 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I'm pretty disappointed in Ashnflash for not even trying to make it look realistic 

I did the middle render of using mecabricks so that it looked real but not all the way. I've gotten so much hate today as it is and have convinced so many people it is real that if I went that extra step forward I'd probably have to do a follow up video. 

I'm at the point where I might have to do one anyways because I've seen some people say "Great, I'm glad this is happening so  that I don't have to buy the Robin off Bricklink" 

@Ashnflash: And here I thought people would know what April Fools’ day was, it’s not like it was invented two years ago :laugh_hard:

If it’s any consolation, I thought it was a funny prank :laugh: 

14 hours ago, AmperZand said:

It’s listed as £35 in the UK which, even allowing for the 20% VAT included in UK prices, is still about 37% more than the US price. Sure, the US benefits from economies of scale, but £35 (about $41 when VAT is removed) is still ridiculous. I was going to get it on day one but not anymore. I’ll wait for it to be discounted.

We really do get shafted in the country. I'll still buy it asap but I'll be angry about it!