Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If I were still a kid, the Batmobile in that 4+ set would be my favorite thing ever. It's mean and bulky and the fake missiles on the sides are great. The ATM is also very cool, I was always a Lego City kid. The figures included are also great for kids, 3 main characters in one set. Even the rocket launcher accessory for Joker is pretty nice.

The '66 set is awesome. The 2 very detailed and accurate figs are a plus. My only gripe is that the shaping of the vehicle is a bit too flat. The 1x8 tiles doesn't do it justice. They could have used some rounded 1x1's to help it out. Also, never cared much for box art but this one is absolutely gorgeous. :wub:

Edited by Legocity2713

5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

If I were still a kid, the Batmobile in that 4+ set would be my favorite thing ever. It's mean and bulky and the fake missiles on the sides are great. The ATM is also very cool, I was always a Lego City kid. The figures included are also great for kids, 3 main characters in one set.

The '66 set is awesome. The 2 very detailed and accurate figs are a plus. My only gripe is that the shaping of the vehicle is a bit too flat. I appreciate the first 1966 Batmobile's rounding along the edges of the hood or along the front sides of the car. The 1x8 tiles doesn't do it justice compared to the rounded 1x1's on the first go round. Also, never cared much for box art but this one is absolutely gorgeous. :wub:

I agree 100% with you but I wish that the 1966 set came with robin and not just batman and joker the minifig selection feels incomplete:grin_wub:

Boo! Boo I say! 

Make something NEW DC Lego! Why do I even bother with you?! Don’t just make a better version of an overpriced questionably designed Batmobile I already bought, just so I can buy it again (for reasons?) Also please continue to not bother making more accurate minifigures when given the opportunity to do so, I love that you continue to give every Batman figure white eyes, especially for the SECOND 66 Batman, white eyes for which he is most known for, and not those slightly less iconic holes cut in his cowl which constantly shifted during episodes so as to hilariously clearly obstruct his vision. 

Internet—wake me up when we start getting DC sets again that don’t include Batman, Joker, and 4 to 8 tires. 

:blush: 
Sorry. I just can’t with this theme anymore. 

I like both of these, finally a’66 Batmobile that I can get to add to the lineup. Weird there’s no Robin but it is what it is. The 4+ Joker mobile is pretty sweet, I like the dragster look. Roll on the big boy.

That 66 batmobile is really good, love the inclusion of the stand! (thought now I feel worse about not getting the 89 promo one:hmpf_bad:)

And the 4+ set is actually.... good? Like its not the best set ever but its prob one of the best 4+ sets I've seen 

2 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Internet—wake me up when we start getting DC sets again that don’t include Batman, Joker, and 4 to 8 tires. 

I have to say that as much as I like these, it does appear that Lego are stuck on a loop with this theme. Clearly we were spoiled with the JL wave. 

I know this probably won't happen but I'm holding out hope that we get a promo to go along with the release of the 1966 batmobile of robin in an updated suit (from 1966), please lego I don't want to have to buy him on bricklink for 9.00 (lmao)

22 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

I know this probably won't happen but I'm holding out hope that we get a promo to go along with the release of the 1966 batmobile of robin in an updated suit (from 1966), please lego I don't want to have to buy him on bricklink for 9.00 (lmao)

All things considered $9 is a bargain.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

All things considered $9 is a bargain.

yeah but I don't want to go through shipping and getting it just for a minifiguret hat isn't really desirable for me at least 

Yay the 66 set is perfect to me. I'm very curious to see if people who bought the old set will buy this one too though as there's not exactly a whole lot more sans a plack and  the Batsuit being a different shade of gray. 

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I love that you continue to give every Batman figure white eyes, especially for the SECOND 66 Batman, white eyes for which he is most known for, and not those slightly less iconic holes cut in his cowl which constantly shifted during episodes so as to hilariously clearly obstruct his vision.

The weirdest thing is that he didn't have white eyes in the Lego Batman 3 videogame. Seeing what could be makes it painful to get him with white eyes yet again!

On 3/27/2021 at 7:06 AM, thephantasm said:

I'm curious, how many of you guys have a complete set of founding members of the justice league

Cos I have all except for beetle, plastic man, firestorm, john stewart, hawkgirl, the super friends, wonder twins and the sdcc guys

I have almost every single DC character ever produced as a minifigure (but not every variant).  I'm only missing the SDCC exclusives and a couple obscure batman characters.  EvmmAyK.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Do we know what theme the D2C vehicle will be a part of?(Batman, Superman, Justice League)

I mean, its pretty safe to assume it will be Batman

Well those pictures were a great surprise to wake up to. The 4+ set is pretty decent, I knew the Hush Batsuit was going to stay exclusive to the Accessory Pack so far. Same 2012 black Batsuit minifigure we've gotten for nearly a decade (!!!), the same Joker that's been used since 2019, yawn. Getting the new Batgirl in a cheaper set might make it enticing though, now I just need the Nightwing minifigure from the Bat-Base to show up in a cheaper set too.

But the standout has to be that 60s Batmobile set, which is ABSOLUTELY amazing. The overall base design looks the same from the one we got 5 years ago, but what makes it an upgrade from the 2016 version is all those accurate details like having 3 exhausts in the back instead of 2 and the front being way more accurate with the grill details. Giving the option for removing the stud shooters is just icing on the cake. Only downsides are the lack of dual molded legs for Batman and no Robin. How do you make a Batman '66 set with no Robin, he was by his side for every single episode, there's even a seat FOR him.

Throwing in a stand with the sticker just like the GWP 1989 Batmobile is a big surprise, to me it makes this set feel more like a collector's item than a set for kids. I'm not complaining though, this will be a Day 1 buy for me, and my wallet thanks me too now that I don't need to blow $300+ just to get the 2016 version.

What has me curious is that what if this becomes a thing? We got a 1989 Batmobile, now a 1966 Batmobile with a display stand, imagine if Lego continues this Batmobile Anthology trend with a proper minifigure scale Tumbler that comes with a stand...

Edited by TheBatstan

In the white background shot of the 66 Batmobile, there are two tiny side builds with a black slope and yellow plate. What are they for?

2 minutes ago, The Pearson said:

In the white background shot of the 66 Batmobile, there are two tiny side builds with a black slope and yellow plate. What are they for?

Replacing the studshooters if you don't like them.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Replacing the studshooters if you don't like them.

I love stud shooters but I love the flexibility even more.

I don’t buy 4+ sets but that new 4+ set is probably one of the best DC 4+ sets yet!

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

But the standout has to be that 60s Batmobile set, which is ABSOLUTELY amazing. The overall base design looks the same from the one we got 5 years ago, but what makes it an upgrade from the 2016 version is all those accurate details like having 3 exhausts in the back instead of 2 and the front being way more accurate with the grill details. Giving the option for removing the stud shooters is just icing on the cake. Only downsides are the lack of dual molded legs for Batman and no Robin. How do you make a Batman '66 set with no Robin, he was by his side for every single episode, there's even a seat FOR him.

I agree that the latest Classic 66 Batmobile is brilliant. Definitely a DOP (Day One Purchase) for me.

It’s a shame about the stickers on the doors. Would have preferred if those had been printed. Will have to think whether to use the stickers or not.

I have to disagree about Robin. I’m glad Joker was included and not the Boy Wonder. Why? I’m a yellowist, not a fleshite, and Robin is not easily turned into a lovely, yellow minifigure. Joker, on the other hand, requires no body parts be substituted. Mr Joker is fine as is.

The 1966 Batmobile looks excellent. Similar to the one from the Batcave but the small tweaks they've added to the build have really perfected it's appearance.

The display stand with turntable is also a great addition. Really makes me want to see this become a future collection of sets with the other on screen Batmobiles.