Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I'm curious, how many of you guys have a complete set of founding members of the justice league

Cos I have all except for beetle, plastic man, firestorm, john stewart, hawkgirl, the super friends, wonder twins and the sdcc guys

I haven’t got all of the figures from the original Batman run, but I do have the figures from the Batmobile and Catwoman sets. From the relaunch I don’t have the Catwoman set or the second Arkham, nor any of those figures. I’ve got Superboy and Lightning Lad, which had to be imported at (annoyingly) great expense. I don’t have the ‘66 Batcave, which I regret not buying, nor the Wonder Woman movie set, the Knightcrawler or the Flying Fox. I have everything from the TLBM run except the Batwing, the shuttle, and Wayne Manor. I don’t have the Bat truck yet, but I feel it’s going to come my way anyway. I don’t have, nor am I interested in the SDCC figs. 

Edited by RedHoodPug

49 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I'm curious, how many of you guys have a complete set of founding members of the justice league

Cos I have all except for beetle, plastic man, firestorm, john stewart, hawkgirl, the super friends, wonder twins and the sdcc guys

I'm missing Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, John Stewart, Metamorpho, Starfire and Beast Boy

49 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I’ve got Superboy and Lightning Lad, which had to be imported at (annoyingly) great expense. 

Forgot about the target cubes, still annoyed they went that way

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Really? I'm in asia and I never had to send google a copy of my id. For 18+ videos I just have to sign in to an account for which I have already declared my birthday. So sorry if I am uninformed

But ok I"ll take your word for it, I don't want warner to lose money

It depends on where you live, I think only Europe has that restriction.

32 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

It depends on where you live, I think only Europe has that restriction.

I live in Spain and I've never had to do that

7 hours ago, thephantasm said:

The only other first trailer for a dc movie which got such a low no. of views in the first 24 hours is black adam- but word of mouth caused the view count to skyrocket eventually

There is no trailer for Black Adam. It was just a concept art slideshow, not to mention that it wasn't on WB's YT account.

The Suicide Squad trailer is a Red Band Trailer, meaning that most views come from alternate sources rather than the trailer on WB or HBO Max accounts.

6 hours ago, thephantasm said:

But do you have all the cmf guys

Jay Garrick, Bumblebee, Metamorpho, Mister Miracle, Simon Baz, Stargirl, Huntress, and Jayna. Don't really care about/count the Superfriends or non-comics figures.

Only Bat-Fam I'm missing are Ace and Red Hood (Though the LBM cmf provided a good head for a custom). Oh and I don't have Katana.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting the £200 DC set to be a vehicle of some sort or a location based set? 

Nothing confirmed but it's likely to be a vehicle considering the trend over the past 2 years.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

Any thoughts on a UCS Invisible Jet?

No way they can't pull it off without it looking like absolute garbage

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

No way they can't pull it off without it looking like absolute garbage

I also have another theory if they want to continue with the Batman vehicles in the Batpod. They already made a promo of it a while back, and it can go with the Tumbler.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

I also have another theory if they want to continue with the Batman vehicles in the Batpod. They already made a promo of it a while back, and it can go with the Tumbler.

A £200 Bat pod would be vast. I don’t see it myself. The existing one already goes with the Tumbler, with the matching front tyres. 

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is no trailer for Black Adam. It was just a concept art slideshow, not to mention that it wasn't on WB's YT account.

The Suicide Squad trailer is a Red Band Trailer, meaning that most views come from alternate sources rather than the trailer on WB or HBO Max accounts.

I mean both mortal kombat and deadpool uploaded red band trailers and they got way more views in the same time frame, the upload with the most views for ss now is at 2.9mil 

Edit:apparently on twitter it has more views than gvk at 13mil

Edited by thephantasm

On 3/26/2021 at 12:20 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

And... Starro...

omg I would love a Starro set. They could go all out with special faceprint or even molds with little Starros on the league member, though I'm not sure how that would work for figs like Batman or Flash

14 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I have at least one minifig of each character LEGO has released, except for Mayor McKaskill and Phoenix. Don't do knock-offs or customs (which to me are no different to knock-offs)

1 hour ago, ApocSlay said:

I have at least one minifig of each character LEGO has released, except for Mayor McKaskill and Phoenix. Don't do knock-offs or customs (which to me are no different to knock-offs)

Woah you bought the sdcc guys

4 hours ago, Surge said:

omg I would love a Starro set. They could go all out with special faceprint or even molds with little Starros on the league member, though I'm not sure how that would work for figs like Batman or Flash

the task force x sets only featured some members and no enchantress because they were not based on the movie. Lego seems to think the protagonists are more important  (shazam, harley in the joker trike chase)

I have a feeling that starro similarly will not be made into a set 

Edited by thephantasm

@thephantasm - only 6 of them. Supergirl was the only one I bought that wasn't an exclusive once-off character, but that is because I am a fan of the show. Not buying Phoenix because so many sellers are trying to pass off the custom figures as the genuine artefact, and I am reasonably certain we'll end up getting her some day. Forgot that I didn't buy Maria Rambeau either, so also missing her, but a purist one could be made more than easily enough, just with the wrong head (I used Mae Jemison's). Didn't think it was worth the money just for a head. I have 260+ unique DC and 280+ unique Marvel minifigs. My three favourite characters are Marvel (Daredevil, Punisher and Elektra), but the Batman universe makes for my favourite comic book setting My favourite DC characters are Aresenal, Green Arrow and Huntress - so was really pleased to have Huntress in the DC CMF. Really hoping rumours about the Daily Bugle hold true 

13 hours ago, thephantasm said:

the task force x sets only featured someO members and no enchantress because they were not based on the movie. Lego seems to think the protagonists are more important  (shazam, harley in the joker trike chase)

Im not even talking about it having any relation to the movie, I would just love a comic based Starro set