Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There are simply too many variables involved :laugh: Personally, I don’t think sales of the Burtonmobile and -wing would be any different if DC had larger waves. Large-scale models like that don‘t have the same target audience as a 6+ Batman set. There may the odd person who only bought these sets out of loyalty towards DC, but that‘s a negligible amount of customers overall. In my estimation, the only way other sets could have negatively impacted those sales would have been smaller sets based on the Burton films :shrug_oh_well:

Well it was all "what if", there's no real definitive answer, its just something to think about. I'd love smaller scale Burton sets though, I've never been one to display my sets, as the D2Cs should be, and personally I'm not always that interested in them, I prefer smaller minifig scale sets with good figures, which hasn't been DC for me since the Batcave wave

Hmm, I wonder if this Joker is from the 4+ set or the 66 set? 

He does look excellent! Selfishly I adore the moustache print, but I know a few people who bought the old set who didn’t. I’m surprised they didn’t axe it here just to give those people a print they like. :P 

Edited by Soupperson1

If snyder had finished his movie and released it in theaters, I'm pretty sure the flying fox and the knight crawler would have sold better. There's a really good movie somewhere inside the 4 hours and now I actually want an Ezra Miller Flash. 

Too bad it was never meant to be. No one knew snyder could partially learn from his mistakes

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Hmm, I wonder if this Joker is from the 4+ set or the 66 set? 

He does look excellent! Selfishly I adore the moustache print, but I know a few people who bought the old set who didn’t. I’m surprised they didn’t axe it here just to give those people a print they like. :P 

If they don't want to see the mustache they shouldn't look so close :wink:

1 hour ago, Soupperson1 said:

Why though? It‘s completely accurate and a hilarious detail on top of that :laugh:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the 4+ set isn’t 66 based then? :(

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Why though? It‘s completely accurate and a hilarious detail on top of that :laugh:

I think it’s because he’s not supposed to have moustache, but I agree 100% with you. :3

Its crazy to me how there are like 3 sets inspired by batman 66 but lego hasn't produced even 1 set for cw's the flash. During season 2 I can assure you it was huge, here in asia as well.

But I guess they were less daring back then, only putting him in that beware the batman set to test the waters

Edited by thephantasm

21 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Its crazy to me how there are like 3 sets inspired by batman 66 but lego hasn't produced even 1 set for cw's the flash. During season 2 I can assure you it was huge, here in asia as well.

I hope they never make sets based on the CW Flash show, that show needs to die asap and take the entire Arrowverse down with them while they're at it. I used to love it to death so it pains me to see how far it has fallen, it's pretty much nonsensical teen-drama garbage now (especially last weeks episode was infuriating). The other shows, bar Arrow's earlier seasons, weren't that great anyway and Crisis was just laughable.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I hope they never make sets based on the CW Flash show, that show needs to die asap and take the entire Arrowverse down with them while they're at it. I used to love it to death so it pains me to see how far it has fallen, it's pretty much nonsensical teen-drama garbage now (especially last weeks episode was infuriating). The other shows, bar Arrow's earlier seasons, weren't that great anyway and Crisis was just laughable.

I mean yeah I wish the cw would die but I would still buy a set of lego zoom

Also its not gonna die anytime soon, because they are already making a naomi show and superman and lois just got a season 2 so....

Edited by thephantasm

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

it's pretty much nonsensical teen-drama garbage now (especially last weeks episode was infuriating). 

Now? It's been like that since the beginning, teen drama soap opera's are the CW's specialty. I used to watch The Flash live every Tuesday night but eventually I realized how terrible it was and dropped it halfway through Season 3. 

My problem with the cw wasn't the drama but the tropes and worsening cgi and costume and set design

Unless the episodes were filler, I really didn't notice excessive amounts of drama in the earlier seasons

The new Joker figure is actually really well printed. The colors look correct, the face print is new, and it looks super similar when paired next to the original 66’ Joker figure. Unlike the new Batman, where the skipping out in the dual molded legs and the subpar print job (might have been a first impression I have not revisited that leak recently) made it inferior to the original release. 

What are the chances that the D2C is a Tumbler re-do? The original is my white whale and have been very close to pulling the trigger recently 

2 hours ago, TheLEGOChap said:

What are the chances that the D2C is a Tumbler re-do? The original is my white whale and have been very close to pulling the trigger recently 

I'd be very surprised. It only came out 7 years ago.

17 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

I'd be very surprised. It only came out 7 years ago.

Well, R2 was released 9 years ago, and he's getting a re-release. I'd say never say never, but there is no guarantee either.

Edited by BrickHat

6 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

So the 4+ set isn’t 66 based then? :(

I don’t think so, that’s the impression I’m getting at least. The normal set definitely is 66, just unsure about the 4+ set.

Lego why do you make 66 sets when you can make dark knights metal sets with baby darkseid

Baby darkseid>baby yoda

metal-3-1200x675.png

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Lego why do you make 66 sets when you can make dark knights metal sets with baby darkseid

Baby darkseid>baby yoda

metal-3-1200x675.png

Metal had some good character designs! And a cool Bat vehicle!