Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I feel like they would prefer doing a Tumbler remake either for next year to match the 10th anniversary of TDKR (imagine we get the camo version or a UCS The Bat) or 2025/2028.

66' Batmobile could be possible but, as it was stated before, there's no way they're having 2 UCS Batmobiles on shelves at the same time (which is not the same as having 2 or more normal retail batmobiles on shelves).

My guess is a location-based set just like Marvel, but I'm open to whatever falconfan ends up saying about it.

I still think it’s gonna be the Batman Returns Batboat to keep up with the Michael Keaton Batman theme. I don’t see them doing any other D2C Batmobiles with the ‘89 one still on shelves and this is the only vehicle from the Burton duology that we’re missing.

That or it’s gonna be some sort of playset, which I’m such would be preferable to a lot of us. I look forward to seeing what it will be!

22 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I still think it’s gonna be the Batman Returns Batboat to keep up with the Michael Keaton Batman theme. I don’t see them doing any other D2C Batmobiles with the ‘89 one still on shelves and this is the only vehicle from the Burton duology that we’re missing.

That or it’s gonna be some sort of playset, which I’m such would be preferable to a lot of us. I look forward to seeing what it will be!

Didn't think of that - it would be indeed a good model to see done in UCS scale, and would most likely come with DeVito Penguin (I don't think they'll do that catwoman design, but who knows).

Let's not kid ourselves about a playset- the last one we got was a special incident. Now, lego is on the money train for ucs vehicles 

A D2C BatBoat is not as exciting as the Batmobile or Batmobile and not as iconic either.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

What makes you think that? :classic:

LEGO prefers vehicles over locations and they are in a theme of making movie vehicles into D2C's. Either one is a logical step forward.

26 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

LEGO prefers vehicles over locations and they are in a theme of making movie vehicles into D2C's. Either one is a logical step forward.

Sure, I meant why these two in particular :tongue: The 66 Batmobile makes sense, but we‘ve already had a Tumbler in 2014. Not even the SW team dares to remake a D2C set after only 7 years :grin: 

50 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

A D2C BatBoat is not as exciting as the Batmobile or Batmobile and not as iconic either.

I mean neither is the Batwing, but we got that last year. Still, any guess right now is a shot in the dark.

What about the Batmissile from Batman Returns? I know it's very similar to the Batmobile but it's possible. it could come with Batman, Penguin & Catwoman.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not even the SW team dares to remake a D2C set after only 7 years :grin: 

Death Star: *laughs in 8 years*

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Death Star: *laughs in 8 years*

I know, which is why I explicitly said "7 years" :grin: And the new DS was basically just an updated version to almost immediately replace its precursor, which hasn't happened with any other D2C set yet

What's this rumor of a lego batman art set for 2022 that I saw on instgram??

Anyone else here about this? 

55 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

What's this rumor of a lego batman art set for 2022 that I saw on instgram??

Anyone else here about this? 

There were rumors about a bunch of new art sets including a Batman one at the beginning of the year or late last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them were cancelled due to poor sales of that line though. XP

30 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

There were rumors about a bunch of new art sets including a Batman one at the beginning of the year or late last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them were cancelled due to poor sales of that line though. XP

What makes you think they sell poorly?

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

No this is a recent rumour! 

2 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

No this is a recent rumour! 

I don't see the usual folks reporting on this

On 3/23/2021 at 4:59 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

It’s already been stated by leakers it’s a ‘66 Batmobile. The second normal set I HIGHLY doubt will be another Batmobile.

Maybe batman vs harley, king shark, polka dot man and bloodsport then.  Like how there were lego task force x sets and harley was included in last year's wave

Edited by thephantasm

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I don't see the usual folks reporting on this

Yeah I saw the leak last year I didn’t realise it was an art set though.

I saw someone briefly mention it but I think the leak has been buried by recent reveals.

1 hour ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i would love it if they released a playset like jokerland from 2015 but i think thats very very unlikely especially when all the big vehicle builds keep selling well

Thought provoking question; how well do the big vehicle builds really sell if they're the only things being sold?

39 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Thought provoking question; how well do the big vehicle builds really sell if they're the only things being sold?

I don‘t get the question :wacko: What relevance does the non-existence of other sets have here? Why would a Burton Batmobile sell better or worse if more DC sets were around?

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t get the question :wacko: What relevance does the non-existence of other sets have here? Why would a Burton Batmobile sell better or worse if more DC sets were around?

Well the only DC sets we're getting are just random Bat vehicles or Burton D2Cs, so we can either buy those, or nothing. But if there were a bigger variety of sets being sold at the same time, say sets like the 2015/18 Justice League waves, or more playset locations like Jokerland, which would sell better? Does the lack of variety on the LEGO DC market mean these sets are selling better because there's nothing else to buy, or would these sets still be selling the same if there were more options than just Batman vehicles? Obviously people aren't just buying the Burton Batmobile or Batwing because its one of the only sets available, especially as that set would be sought after by collectors regardless of whatever other sets are on the market, my question referred more to the other sets under DCs roster, like the Bat Truck. Like if DC had big waves like Marvel and Star Wars, would the amount of other sets mean less people were interested in the D2Cs, and would rather buy the smaller sets instead?

in reality that's all hypothetical in thinking DC would have those bigger waves, but the question is if DC had different options, how well would the sets we currently have be doing?

12 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

in reality that's all hypothetical in thinking DC would have those bigger waves, but the question is if DC had different options, how well would the sets we currently have be doing?

There are simply too many variables involved :laugh: Personally, I don’t think sales of the Burtonmobile and -wing would be any different if DC had larger waves. Large-scale models like that don‘t have the same target audience as a 6+ Batman set. There may the odd person who only bought these sets out of loyalty towards DC, but that‘s a negligible amount of customers overall. In my estimation, the only way other sets could have negatively impacted those sales would have been smaller sets based on the Burton films :shrug_oh_well: