Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Who am I kidding it's gonna be a batmobile

No it won’t be, there won’t be two minifigure scale Batmobile sets on sale at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

No it won’t be, there won’t be two minifigure scale Batmobile sets on sale at the same time.

That has already happened a few times though, even if you ignore the Batmobiles that were on shelf concurrently but not released in the same year there are a few examples:

2016 - '66 Batmobile, BvS Batmobile, Juniors Batmobile, Mighty Micros Batmobile
2017 - Justice League Batmobile, TLBM Batmobile, TLBM Ultimate Batmobile
2019 - Keaton inspired Batmobile, Juniors Batmobile 2.0

If you count the Batmobiles that were released in different years but were on shelf concurrently there have been at least 2 Batmobiles on shelf since 2014.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you count the Batmobiles that were released in different years but were on shelf concurrently there have been at least 2 Batmobiles on shelf since 2014.

And clearly that is not enough :laugh:

I wouldn’t have expected anything based on that game yet anyway. Lego has yet to make any Jedi: Fallen Order products despite that being one of the most successful single-player story games in the last few years. What’s more likely to happen is the GK versions of Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and Robin showing up in random, unrelated sets, like what happened with last year’s Avengers game.

5 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I wouldn’t have expected anything based on that game yet anyway. Lego has yet to make any Jedi: Fallen Order products despite that being one of the most successful single-player story games in the last few years. What’s more likely to happen is the GK versions of Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and Robin showing up in random, unrelated sets, like what happened with last year’s Avengers game.

And with Suicide Squad in 2016.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That has already happened a few times though, even if you ignore the Batmobiles that were on shelf concurrently but not released in the same year there are a few examples:

2016 - '66 Batmobile, BvS Batmobile, Juniors Batmobile, Mighty Micros Batmobile
2017 - Justice League Batmobile, TLBM Batmobile, TLBM Ultimate Batmobile
2019 - Keaton inspired Batmobile, Juniors Batmobile 2.0

I see your point but if LEGO is only releasing two normal DC sets this year, LEGO won't make them both Batmobiles and compete them against each other.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

On 3/14/2021 at 6:40 AM, Anonknee Muss said:

a very minimal chance of it happening (but still entirely possible) that we get Green Loontern in the LEGO Looney Tunes CMF series, thoughts?

I would say definitely not happening in the first series

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gotham Knights has just been moved to 2022.

Gosh danggit, now besides superman and lois and comics, the only other dc content that may be worth watching this year is suicide squad

Edited by thephantasm

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Gosh danggit, now besides superman and lois and comics, the only other dc content that may be worth watching this year is suicide squad

There's also Stargirl S2 in Summer (trust me, it's one of DC's best content EVER), Titans in June (honestly I watch this only because it's DC, literally no other reason), and if we're lucky, Harley Quinn S3 (either late 2021 or early 2022).

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's also Stargirl S2 in Summer (trust me, it's one of DC's best content EVER), Titans in June (honestly I watch this only because it's DC, literally no other reason), and if we're lucky, Harley Quinn S3 (either late 2021 or early 2022).

Stargirl isn't as bad as the cw but it's not must-watch. Looking forward to young justice and Harley but Harley quinn is probably late 2022 (they only got s3 confirmed at around fandome)

Titans is just awful. I watched only for deathstroke and Donna Troy.

1 hour ago, thephantasm said:

Stargirl isn't as bad as the cw but it's not must-watch. Looking forward to young justice and Harley but Harley quinn is probably late 2022 (they only got s3 confirmed at around fandome)

Superman and Louis is good, give it a go! 

6 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I agree with Titans, one of the worst series I've ever seen.

Harley Quinn is confirmed to be coming in between late 2021 - early 2022.

I absolutely disagree with Stargirl, definitely in my favourite DC productions ever. It was incredible.

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree with Titans, one of the worst series I've ever seen.

Harley Quinn is confirmed to be coming in between late 2021 - early 2022.

I absolutely disagree with Stargirl, definitely in my favourite DC productions ever. It was incredible.

Stargirl excelled in its fight scenes, the choreography is great and the vfx was used wisely. From the fight with brainwave to the ones with sportsmaster and grundy, none of the fight scenes were ever dull.

Unfortunately, I found the plot rather generic, and I still don't really care for the jsa. Its probably because I'm not extremely interested in any of their personalities or powers. My favourite character in fact, isn't any of the heroes- it's sportsmaster. This show made me actually care about sportsmaster

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Stargirl excelled in its fight scenes, the choreography is great and the vfx was used wisely. From the fight with brainwave to the ones with sportsmaster and grundy, none of the fight scenes were ever dull.

Unfortunately, I found the plot rather generic, and I still don't really care for the jsa. Its probably because I'm not extremely interested in any of their personalities or powers. My favourite character in fact, isn't any of the heroes- it's sportsmaster. This show made me actually care about sportsmaster

I think the plot was the most "straight out of comicbook", heartwarming and wholesome I've ever seen. The ending is honestly in my top 3 endings of any series (or movie), period.

I'm a little frustrated that we have 1 mystery set to reveal itself, especially since i'm not interested in any of the sets we know about

7 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I'm a little frustrated that we have 1 mystery set to reveal itself, especially since i'm not interested in any of the sets we know about

Aren‘t there still two left, the 30€ one scheduled for October and the 230€ D2C set? The 66 set turned out to have a completely different set number, didn‘t it? :wink:

The d2c will be another vehicle which I will have not enough money or interest for to buy

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The 66 set turned out to have a completely different set number, didn‘t it? :wink:

True, but I think that's just 1 happy accident

Please please please don't let the mystery set be a joker bust

Edited by thephantasm

13 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

The helmets/heads are around 70€, not 40 :wink:

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The helmets/heads are around 70€, not 40 :wink:

Wow those helmets are awfully expensive, good thing I don't like any of them

27 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Wow those helmets are awfully expensive, good thing I don't like any of them

Correction, between 50 and 70, depending on the character :wink: 

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

It’s not 4+ either apparently so it should be a normal set as far as we are aware.

1 normal $30 set besides the 4+ and 18+ and 66 sets just SCREAMS to me that this is a batmobile. Either that or its based on gotham knights.

There is no way lego makes only one comics based set and bases it on something other than the batmobile

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

1 normal $30 set besides the 4+ and 18+ and 66 sets just SCREAMS to me that this is a batmobile. Either that or its based on gotham knights.

There is no way lego makes only one comics based set and bases it on something other than the batmobile

It’s already been stated by leakers it’s a ‘66 Batmobile. The second normal set I HIGHLY doubt will be another Batmobile.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fulcrum put a poll up on his story asking if people wanted DC D2C info so we'll probably hear something very soon. 

Which is pretty dang early, considering the set’s scheduled for November :laugh: Nonetheless, quite excited to hear more :excited: