Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

So, I wonder how this reported 66 Batmobile set will differ from the one that came with the Batcave, because that one was pretty good....I guess we’re starting to see some specifically affordable re-release versions of Star Wars sets now, with the X wing and Tie fighters....are LEGO maybe doing the same kind of thing here for the Batmobile?

21 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

So we're getting a 66 Batmobile in addition to the 4+ set with Batman and Joker?

Yes

What the... we get 1 set besides the 66 theme... and it's... Batman vs joker?

Sucks to be a dc fan

Then again, looking at lego's recent wave, I wouldn't have been interested anyways

Edited by thephantasm

Actually I haven't bought a dc set in years, save the court of owls set and individual minfigures

I did however buy the whole wave of the cmf 

I guess I'm the only one here that's actually excited for this? I thought the 4+ set was all we were going to get for another 60s Batman set, but this just made things a lot better. Now there's a chance to get an updated Robin to go with the new '66 Batman minifigure, plus I can actually get a '66 Batmobile without having to blow $300+ on the Batcave set that threw it in as an add-on. And with the advancements that Lego has made in the Speed Champions theme in the past year or so, like introducing the new base piece that can make two seater vehicles more manageable, this Batmobile has the possibility to be an improvement over the previous version. 

I kept thinking since 2016 that Lego could've easily have sold the Batmobile on its own and it would sell like crazy, and it looks like I might be right soon.

Ok, I'm confused, what is set 76239 $29.99 DC batman set

According to ashnflash's video its not the batcowl or the bat vs joket or the 66 batmobile or the $199.99 d2c

Edited by thephantasm

24 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Ok, I'm confused, what is set 76239 $29.99 DC batman set

According to ashnflash's video its not the batcowl or the bat vs joket or the 66 batmobile or the $199.99 d2c

That according to Ashnflash and T and N Bricks (who reported on the 60s set) said that is a separate 4 plus batman vs joker set

1 hour ago, Trainfan20 said:

That according to Ashnflash and T and N Bricks (who reported on the 60s set) said that is a separate 4 plus batman vs joker set

That's 76180 I think, 4+ set featuring vehicles for Batman and the Joker

We have 1 more mystery set

Okay so according to Brickset this years lineup is

• 30455 Polybag 

• 40453 Batman vs Penguin & Harley Quinn Pack

• 76240 exclusive (most likely the $230 D2C) 

If 76180 is the 4+ set, then 76181-76183 are probably the Batman sets for 2022. According to 1414Falcons account; the set number for the $30 66’ Batmobile is 76188, so I guess 76239 is still capable of surprising us.

Edited by cosmic

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Okay so according to Brickset this years lineup is

• 30455 Polybag 

• 40453 Batman vs Penguin & Harley Quinn Pack

• 76240 exclusive (most likely the $230 D2C) 

I believe 76181-76183 are for the Batman and won’t release until next year. If the 66 Batmobile is 76180 then luckily we still have 76239 as a mystery $40. I hope this is right. Unlikely but I reallllly hope we get a new figure or an updated leaguer in that mystery $40 set. 

Its $30

It feels so out of place.

I have a feeling it's gonna be another minifig scale batmobile

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I guess I'm the only one here that's actually excited for this? I thought the 4+ set was all we were going to get for another 60s Batman set, but this just made things a lot better. Now there's a chance to get an updated Robin to go with the new '66 Batman minifigure, plus I can actually get a '66 Batmobile without having to blow $300+ on the Batcave set that threw it in as an add-on. And with the advancements that Lego has made in the Speed Champions theme in the past year or so, like introducing the new base piece that can make two seater vehicles more manageable, this Batmobile has the possibility to be an improvement over the previous version. 

I kept thinking since 2016 that Lego could've easily have sold the Batmobile on its own and it would sell like crazy, and it looks like I might be right soon.

No, I'm a fan too. Looking forward to getting it as I let the kids play with most of my LEGO collection. The '66 Batcave being one of the very few exceptions, so this would be a great way to get one for playing with. 

@thephantasm I've been saving the info in a spreadsheet as I've found it, and seems we don't know much about that set yet so you could be right;

76179      The Batman 14.99    
76180      Batman '66 Batman and Joker Vehicles 4+ 29.99 136       
76181      The Batman 39.99    
76182      Batman Cowl 59.99 410       
76183      The Batman 69.99    
76188      Batman '66 batmobile 29.99    
76239      Batman 39.99 422      October
76240      Batman 229.99   October
Edited by ApocSlay

I realise I'm ok with there being no sets. Its more important for dc to work out their movies. Soft/hard reboot everything. Try and get rid of the elements that don't work well

Edited by thephantasm

Does anyone think LEGO would do the same thing they're doing with Marvel rn and release sets based on past movies and shows 

I mean, we've gotten sets based on 66 Batman and Keaton Batman so why not for Richard Donner/Christopher Reeves Superman, Brandon Superman, Batman the Animated Series, Static shock,etc 

13 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I'm also looking forward to them, it'll be cool to get some '66 figures and builds since the Batcave was too expensive for me.

And honestly? I'm fine with how the theme is going right now. I know it's not the most popular stance here, but as far as DC goes I'm mainly a Batman fan, and I don't really care that much about the deep lore of the comics, give me BTAS any day. I've gotten pretty much all of the minifigs and builds I've wanted from this theme, now I'm just along for the ride.

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

And honestly? I'm fine with how the theme is going right now.

I’m pretty much in the same boat here :classic: All I ever wanted out of this theme has basically been done already, the only exception being more sets based on the Burton, Schumacher, and Nolan films. I hope the DC theme continues, but I wouldn’t be sad if the output stayed on the level it’s at right now :shrug_oh_well: 

*intense feeling of being cosmically death glared* :poke:

4 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

You want the nipple suit?

:laugh_hard:

Not really, but I wouldn’t mind minifigs of Two-Face, Riddler, Poison Ivy, and Ahnold  :laugh:

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

You want the nipple suit?

Only if it comes with a new torso mold that actually has nipples :tongue:

20 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I'm with you on this. I don't understand all the complaining here about the 60s series, must be too many young uns. All I want is more comic characters in classic costumes but '66 stuff will do.

I've no interest in figures based on the Nolan films, his 'grounded' approach makes for some dull looking characters. And dull characters.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, scottypavarotti said:

So, I wonder how this reported 66 Batmobile set will differ from the one that came with the Batcave, because that one was pretty good....I guess we’re starting to see some specifically affordable re-release versions of Star Wars sets now, with the X wing and Tie fighters....are LEGO maybe doing the same kind of thing here for the Batmobile?

Just guessing, but maybe it's pretty similar to the SDCC Exclusive?  I liked that Batmobile, and it was the 66 Batmobile, and I remember it was different from the one with the 66 Batcave.  The Batcave is still in my "to build" pile, but I did Bricklink the SDCC Exclusive and liked it enough.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:13 AM, TheBatstan said:

I’m really excited for the 1966 Batmobile too! Speed Champions has came a long way since 2015 and has revolutionised angled and curved pieces, this is going to be fun providing it’s the not the exact same Batmobile from the Batcave set.

Is it too much to hope that the last mystery set is based on gotham knights?

Who am I kidding it's gonna be a batmobile

Edited by thephantasm