Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Have you seen the film? 

No but my criticism in the post is about snyder's pacing issue, which is already evident in bvs. He directs more footage then he knows what to do with, the studio tells him they need to cut it down. He does. Then he publishes a longer and more coherent director cut. In bvs's case, he was in charge of choosing what scenes to include and exclude in the theatrical cut- and it was paced like a slog and incoherent at times

My criticism with snyder's pacing does not solely pertain to snyder's cut of justice league, hence the matter of whether I have seen the snyder cut is irrelevant. In any case, it's quite clear that for a theatrical release, the snyder cut would have severe pacing issues because 4 hours is far exceeds the typical movie runtime.

Edited by thephantasm

19 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i think its stupid how a lot are already bashing the new cut of justice league without even watching it and i have never ever ever trusted movie critics as a lot are very biased

Well, I for one have only commented on the joker scene I have watched and the pacing of snyder's movies, so I'm not sure why you think my criticism is unfounded

Edited by thephantasm

The Batgirl figure from last years Mobile Bat Base is included as a gift in one of the upcoming Super Heroes magazines. 

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Batgirl figure from last years Mobile Bat Base is included as a gift in one of the upcoming Super Heroes magazines. 

I will certainly have to try and find that. Don't really have many retailers open in my town that do LEGO magazines right now

48 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i have never ever ever trusted movie critics as a lot are very biased

Critics are biased, fans are biased, casual watchers are biased, everyone is biased :wink: It’s not really possible to objectively judge a piece of media without inserting your own biases into that judgment, no matter how hard you try. And that’s not a bad thing, we’re not robots after all :tongue:

I’ve never made any statements about the film itself, my grievances are with some of the obnoxious people who made it happen, some story beats / character depictions carried over from BvS, the forced dark- and edginess of it all, Leto’s joke of a Joker, and Steppenwolf’s over-the-top redesign

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

This might surprise you, but every single movie gets cut out on the editing room. If you need 4 hours to make a 2 hours movie to make sens, then maybe you're not a good director.

Who said it has to be two hours? If your story takes longer than two hours to tell, then two hours isn’t enough. It’s why there are sequels and second parts. Would the Avengers Infinity War saga have worked in one two hour film? There’s no restriction on how long a story has to be. Snyder clearly had a longer film planned, and being given a slot on HBO has meant that he can flex more. He even admits that there’s more he has cut out of this one. Look at it this way; comic books, the source material for these films, don’t fit a set number of issues to tell a single story. There’s single issues, one shots or graphic novels, two-twelve or more parters, year long stories, company wide crossovers, and retrospectives. The contents of the plot are not a reflection of the quality of the director. In this case it’s a matter of a new director trying to outdo the original, and it backfiring. 

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

My criticism with snyder's pacing does not solely pertain to snyder's cut of justice league, hence the matter of whether I have seen the snyder cut is irrelevant. In any case, it's quite clear that for a theatrical release, the snyder cut would have severe pacing issues because 4 hours is far exceeds the typical movie runtime.

In the age of home streaming runtime isn’t really a concern. That and the length of the film used to depend upon the length of physical film available and the can size, which would have been a cost issue. 

18 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Who said it has to be two hours? If your story takes longer than two hours to tell, then two hours isn’t enough. It’s why there are sequels and second parts.

?????

Then don't put the entirety of your story in a single movie?? Like that's the point I'm making?

There really is no need to discuss/argue about the film in this thread, because we don’t have any new sets to go along with it. 

This thread is for Lego set discussion—if you want to discuss the actual film, please take that over to Culture & Multimedia. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

On 3/13/2021 at 6:20 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

Yeah they did that with Deadpool but then DP is associated with Adult humour so there's no way DP would come in a set. It could go either way :shrug_confused:

Deadpool was released in a set. It came with Wolverine and a helicopter I think. 

25 minutes ago, Chill said:

Deadpool was released in a set. It came with Wolverine and a helicopter I think. 

Yes but tbf, that was before DP became mainstream.

On 3/15/2021 at 3:49 PM, hvader said:

Still, would love a new Darkseid instead of more Batman vehicles haha

I agree. I was looking at my Darkseid big fig and felt quite dissatisfied with it.  It looks a bit like a duplo character, the single mould makes it feel less animate and definitely less articulate than a mini figure.  Recently I’ve been contemplating a new type of figure. Not at all brick built like Groot or Clayface. Instead I propose a new big fig torso piece that has pegs for arms and legs. Maybe keep the big fig hands but find a way to either brick build the arms and legs or specialize a mould for both that add on separate to the torso. That way big figures with large arms can be modified, big figures with more than 2 arms can have that added on, and leg sizes and height can be adjusted for each big fig. Lego typically messes up small mech builds but I think the legs are the easiest to pull off. I think Lego can do this successfully if they make the arms and legs look natural and not like some poorly connected mech, preferably with the joints and limbs very close to not make it look as lego and feel more organic. They would also only have to make big fig head moulds and a standard bald big fig head could also be reusable. And to add to that detailing on the torso can be printed but if large armor pieces need to be moulded over the torso they can slide over like a minifigures would. Or even have studs on the torso that can be covered with flat or rounded tiles but also removed and used by other bricks to create armor texture. Single moulded big figures no longer work for me I’d like to see lego try something like this. Legs and arms can be poseable, torso super reusable, big fig gets more articulation, arms and legs can be adjusted for each big fig without needing a new mould. Thoughts?

Edited by cosmic

I’ve been binge watching all of the Batman movies recently (never seen any of them). I have to say that I’d really love it if Lego did “Legacy” sets for those older movies, similar to what Marvel is doing this summer. We’ve got the two ‘89 D2Cs, but I’d love it if they did nostalgic throwback sets at a lower price range, especially for more casual fans such as myself. I just watched Batman Begins tonight and thought that it was a very good movie. I can think of a few cool sets we could get from it as well as the Burton/Schumacher films.

I wouldn't mind getting a proper minifig scale Tumbler that LOOKS accurate to the real thing unlike the one we got in 2013. The 2008 version is still one of my holy grails, but that thing is gigantic compared to how small the Tumbler actually is in real life. A minifig scale Batpod with Catwoman wouldn't hurt either.

And just to complete things, a Batman Begins legacy set with Scarecrow and Ra's along with a Dark Knight set featuring Two-Face so that you'd have all the main villains from the trilogy in minifigure form. Oh yeah, and Talia somewhere as well, maybe in a set with the truck that has the nuke.

Edited by TheBatstan

I am here to confess I’ve always wanted an Uma Thurman Poison Ivy figure. As I’ve mentioned before the Burton films have plenty of characters to be made. Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, Danny Devito Penguin, Uma Thurman Ivy, Jim Carry’s Riddler, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Max Shreck, Two-Face, the 2 good and bad girls who were in Two-Face’s lair were pretty cool designs, the Hockey Team Freeze Goons as well as Ms. B Haven would all be nice to get. Come to think of it I think the Burton figures that are missing intrigue me more than the missing Thalia Al Ghul, Scarecrow and Ra’s figures missing from the Nolan films.

Part of me hopes that LEGO rereleases the Justice League sets for Snyder Cut. Upgrade Steppenwolf and some of the figures and include Darkseid

3 hours ago, hvader said:

Part of me hopes that LEGO rereleases the Justice League sets for Snyder Cut. Upgrade Steppenwolf and some of the figures and include Darkseid

1. The Snyder cut is R-rated
  2. We would‘ve known about that for months
  3. These three sets sold terribly :grin:

25 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

So we are getting a non 4+ $30 1960 Batman set, I am so excited!!

Saw this on instagram, was this the mystery $40 set? Or are we still getting a $40 set? I can’t find the set numbers for the $40 and $230 sets. I am so f*****g over these Adam West and Burton era sets I can’t wait till every little nook and cranny of those worlds has been fleshed out so we can MOVE ON. Oh my goodness I am so over Bat-vehicles based on old franchises.

Just now, cosmic said:

Saw this on instagram, was this the mystery $40 set? Or are we still getting a $40 set? I can’t find the set numbers for the $40 and $230 sets. I am so f*****g over these Adam West and Burton era sets I can’t wait till every little nook and cranny of those worlds has been fleshed out so we can MOVE ON. Oh my goodness I am so over Bat-vehicles based on old franchises.

This is going to be the first cheap West-era set we are going to get (that’s not a SDCC set)

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

. I am so f*****g over these Adam West

Like... The one we had?

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Like... The one we had?

I’m lumping 66’ and 80’s sets together whenI say that. Also this is coming alongside a 4+ set so it’s going to be the third. If you count the King Tut figure in TLBM CMF series and the Egg-Head mech this is our 5th official Adam West era release. All I’m saying is I can’t wait till every background character and small detail is released so we can get sets based on other properties. I’m just personally no where near interested in this and I’m excited to cover whats left and move on.

edit: Is the $40 set 76239? 

Edited by cosmic

This sounds great! My dream is to one day have a line-up of each version of Batman with a minifigure-scale of their Batmobile, so the 60’s one would be a good one to go with my 2019 Batmobile and the one from The Lego Batman Movie. I just hope that the set comes with Robin in addition to Batman and Joker. It’s not a huge loss if it doesn’t though, as I don’t think the figures from the 60’s Batcave go for too much since the set didn’t perform super well.