Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Also, what hair piece do you guys like to use for Nightwing? I don't think any of the ones they've used so far are quite right.

I suppose it would depend on where the character takes inspiration from, but I think the Lloyd hair (which appeared on Harry Potter in black) might suit him

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=25409&idColor=2#T=C&C=2

Helicarrier d2c had non exclusive figures

Theres also a tiny chance it is reeves batmobile

We"ll see if the daily bugle reuses this year's spidey lol

Edited by thephantasm

4 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Also, what hair piece do you guys like to use for Nightwing? I don't think any of the ones they've used so far are quite right.

I'm the same as you, none of the hair pieces on any of the Nightwing's have really done it for me either. Ever since it was introduced back in 2008, I've been a huge fan of the "Minifigure, Hair Short Tousled with Side Part"/Mutt Williams hair. It's been used with the 2008 Tim Drake Robin and 2014 Damian Wayne Robin minifigures, but I think it suits Nightwing the best.

When I finally managed to get my hands on the original 2006 Nightwing, the first thing I did was replace his Exo-Force anime hair with that piece instead, and I feel like it looks SO much better:

bn0itY2.png

5 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

More location-based stuff would be great. I love your idea of doing the fair with a Haly's circus tent. I'd definitely buy that.

And yeah, we desperately need a proper Babs.

I hope others would buy it to encourage Lego to make new creative decisions with these sets. I could see it being expensive if Lego were to include a roller coaster, circus tent, ferris wheel, river of love, hall of mirrors and bumper cars as well as the run down and abandoned details. I’m just sick of these oversized Bat vehicles. Such useless sets imo.

Yeah no official release of hers satisfies me on its own.

Personally really happy with the polybag Nightwing and the hair piece used in that and the 2014 Man-Bat sets Nightwing gets the job done for me. I like the hair and I like how it looks on him even if I know its not exactly accurate.

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

A brickheadz darkseid and black suit Superman would be nice!

If only!

Are they even doing Brickheadz anymore?

Also, it's not like they'd do a set for ZSJL.

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Are they even doing Brickheadz anymore?

Yes they are still going surprisingly.

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

In a lot of ways I’m still unsure about the future of this theme. We are getting sets for the Batman next year, but they were supposed to come out this year, and that explains the near empty roster of sets for this year. But they didn’t plan a normal comic wave. Its too early to tell but I’m not expecting a comic wave next year either. If this theme is not being cancelled do we expect the new norm to be empty shelves on years without marketable movies or is there hope for the theme to release comic sets? On that note do any of you have hope Lego would listen to fan complaints? On instagram and eurobricks fans are quite vocally dissatisfied with the state of this theme. With a legacy wave of MCU sets, Daredevil and Punisher showing up in a Daily Bugle set to attention to detail in the eternals sets, Lego has paid close attention to the demands of fans pretty well with Marvel. Is it crazy to think maybe we will start seeing things like accurate printing, new designs for villains and heroes if they’re being reused as opposed to the literal same designs we get year after year. Fans have requested sets for the Teen titans, to venture beyond just Batman or at least include more heroes and villains outside his world in sets with him, location builds as opposed to just vehicles, and better printing. I kind of hope Lego makes some surprises in the coming years the way they gave Marvel fnas everything they wished for this year.

Literally no one here knows what’s coming out next year except maybe for a couple of The Batman sets. Please don’t make assumptions and start to “Doom-Say”.

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes they are still going surprisingly.

Literally no one here knows what’s coming out next year except maybe for a couple of The Batman sets. Please don’t make assumptions and start to “Doom-Say”.

Didn’t start to doom-say? Part of my post was speculating what could be on the other end of next year and the other part was actually quite hopeful? I literally ended that statement talking about the possibility of Lego surprising us by listening to fan demands? The only negative thing about that comment was I poses a serious possibility of our Lego waves being dominated by cinematic releases only. That post was not negative stop projecting.

Apparently the Snyder Cut is good... I need a new Darkseid, Superman, and Steppenwolf

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

Apparently the Snyder Cut is good... I need a new Darkseid, Superman, and Steppenwolf

First reactions from ''critics'' for these kind of movies are generally pretty good, I wouldn't look into it too much.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

First reactions from ''critics'' for these kind of movies are generally pretty good, I wouldn't look into it too much.

Still, would love a new Darkseid instead of more Batman vehicles haha

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Still, would love a new Darkseid instead of more Batman vehicles haha

You and me both man, you and me both.

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah, mostly because if they dont give the movies good reviews they stop getting invited to previews.

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

Didn’t start to doom-say? Part of my post was speculating what could be on the other end of next year and the other part was actually quite hopeful? I literally ended that statement talking about the possibility of Lego surprising us by listening to fan demands? The only negative thing about that comment was I poses a serious possibility of our Lego waves being dominated by cinematic releases only. That post was not negative stop projecting.

My bad, I misread the vibe.

By the looks of it Snyder got to coherently tell the story he wanted to, which I would rather have instead of Whedon’s botched surgery attempt at Snyder’s vision. Granted there’s moaning about the runtime, but if it’s going to make sense I don’t see the problem. I say bring on the version we were always meant to see.

32 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

My bad, I misread the vibe.

Its fine, I just think the future of this theme is worth speculating about. This years empty roster is due to a film delay but as we saw they had no intention to release more. I personally hope to see both DC and Lego get their act together down the line but I think it would take years of new high quality shows and movies hitting the market to bring the brand back up. But eventually I think DC can return to a popularity worth receiving larger waves. We’ll see.

Snyder is still a maniac- who in their right mind will make a 4 hour assembly cut of a movie when he knew it was supposed to be shown in theatres? He has severe pacing issues

That being said, warner also is incredibly dumb for rushing justice league before solo films

Ps: If you guys have seen it, that joker scene in particular will be making dc an even bigger laughing stock 

Edited by thephantasm

3 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Ps: If you guys have seen it, that joker scene in particular will be making dc an even bigger laughing stock 

I just keep telling myself that we just have to get past this movie and then it'll be smooth sailing and no one will ever want to see this side of DC again (hopefully). 

43 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

no one will ever want to see this side of DC again (hopefully). 

Are you kidding? Look at r/dc_cinematic or whatever on reddit right now. That right there is a cult. (That being said every subreddit is like a cult because of the upvote system, burying criticism especially in fandom subs)

I"ll give it to snyder, he can do action, but his direction and writing is mostly downright terrible crap.

And so what if we move on from Snyder? He's just part of the problem. The other problem is Warner bros and their team with these terrible scripts

I don't want dc to just become like marvel either because personally I find marvel to be generic action comedy.

Edited by thephantasm

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Indeed. Even a lot of people who liked the film couldn’t stand that particular scene, apparently Leto’s Joker is even worse here than he was in Suicide Squad :laugh_hard:

The overall positive feedback surprises me a bit, I thought it was simply going to be more of the same, but I’m glad the (non-aggressive, non-cultish) part of the DC fandom get to see what they wanted :thumbup: Myself, I don’t really care, I just want more LEGO-friendly DC films that allow for tie-in sets :laugh:

Gosh danggit, the action scenes do look good and reception seems to be positive, wb don't you dare take this man back, don't let this man 10 feet near dc unless you want round 2 of being a laughing stock. I maintain my criticism of his movies

Edited by thephantasm

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

By the looks of it Snyder got to coherently tell the story he wanted to, which I would rather have instead of Whedon’s botched surgery attempt at Snyder’s vision. Granted there’s moaning about the runtime, but if it’s going to make sense I don’t see the problem. I say bring on the version we were always meant to see.

This might surprise you, but every single movie gets cut out on the editing room. If you need 4 hours to make a 2 hours movie to make sens, then maybe you're not a good director.

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

This might surprise you, but every single movie gets cut out on the editing room. If you need 4 hours to make a 2 hours movie to make sens, then maybe you're not a good director.

Thats not solely his fault because of how jl was rushed he had to introduce 3 new leaguers but yes he has severe pacing issues, just look at bvs

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

Its fine, I just think the future of this theme is worth speculating about. This years empty roster is due to a film delay but as we saw they had no intention to release more. I personally hope to see both DC and Lego get their act together down the line but I think it would take years of new high quality shows and movies hitting the market to bring the brand back up. But eventually I think DC can return to a popularity worth receiving larger waves. We’ll see.

I wholeheartedly agree. The comics alone aren’t enough to keep this theme going unfortunately,

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I think the runtime is brilliant, I’m really looking forward to watching it on Thursday.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

7 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Snyder is still a maniac- who in their right mind will make a 4 hour assembly cut of a movie when he knew it was supposed to be shown in theatres? He has severe pacing issues

That being said, warner also is incredibly dumb for rushing justice league before solo films

Have you seen the film?