Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

On a unrelated note, there's a very minimal chance of it happening (but still entirely possible) that we get Green Loontern in the LEGO Looney Tunes CMF series, thoughts?

Considering there will only be 12 figures they're most likely going for the characters' main appearances in favor of lesser known ones. But it would definitely be awesome to see somewhere down the line if it were possible!

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Considering there will only be 12 figures they're most likely going for the characters' main appearances in favor of lesser known ones. But it would definitely be awesome to see somewhere down the line if it were possible!

I think you're right. Warner Bros owns both Looney Tunes and DC so there isn't any licensing issues if it was to happen. With that being said, it seems most likely that it would end up as a comic con exclusive :cry_sad:

Just now, Anonknee Muss said:

I think you're right. Warner Bros owns both Looney Tunes and DC so there isn't any licensing issues if it was to happen. With that being said, it seems most likely that it would end up as a comic con exclusive :cry_sad:

Now that you've mentioned it it does really sound like something they'd do in the near future. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen! 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now that you've mentioned it it does really sound like something they'd do in the near future. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen! 

Yeah they did that with Deadpool but then DP is associated with Adult humour so there's no way DP would come in a set. It could go either way :shrug_confused:

Please forgive me for asking (presumably) an already answered question but the DC set in October, that's a normal non-Juniors set right? Based on comics and not any particular film?

2 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Please forgive me for asking (presumably) an already answered question but the DC set in October, that's a normal non-Juniors set right? Based on comics and not any particular film?

Based on Promobricks' info it should be a normal set.

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Based on Promobricks' info it should be a normal set.

I’m excited but unfortunately we have to wait for 6 months :sadnew:

Maybe we already went over this, but if we already get both, 66Batman and 66Joker in the +4 set, the D2C its very unlikely to be West's Batmobile, right?

Like, there's no way they have the same minifigures in both sets.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe we already went over this, but if we already get both, 66Batman and 66Joker in the +4 set, the D2C its very unlikely to be West's Batmobile, right?

Who says it's 4 plus for the 60s set?.... 😉

12 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

Who says it's 4 plus for the 60s set?.... 😉

I mean. Have you seen the legs of the leaked minifigure? 

4 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean. Have you seen the legs of the leaked minifigure? 

The figure looks a little too good to be 4 plus. That's all I'm saying

3 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

We've had far more detailed figures pop up in Juniors/4+ sets.

23 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

Excuse me in what paralel universe does that minifigure look anywhere near good

Must be the one I'm living in. :P I don't love the blue muscle outlines, but otherwise?

I'm excited to see Joker. I wasn't a huge fan of the last rendition of the 60s version they released.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Excuse me in what paralel universe does that minifigure look anywhere near good

Obviously it's not perfect or close for some but what I'm trying to say is the 60s set probably isn't going to be 4 plus 

Edited by Trainfan20

I’ve had enough of the Burton era and Adam West era sets. I’m ready to see something else. I’d rather they revisit the Burton films with mini figures of Bane, Freeze, Ivy, Batgirl, Robin, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-Face, Riddler, and Max Shreck still missing. I think the 60’s characters that are missing aren’t interesting enough designs and the likes of Egg-Head and King Tut have already been released. But ideally the D2C is one of the following

• Jokers Funhouse/Gotham Fairgrounds set, all separate builds connected by being built on the same foundation, not separate small builds like the 2015 set. Could take heavy inspiration from the Arkham series, the clown mouth should be big and connected to a building that leads to a rollercoaster, a river of love build that goes around the span of the park, a small ferris wheel unrelated to another villain just run down with rusty fair colors, some booths and a circus tent to recreate the death of Dick Graysons parents. 

• Arkham Asylum either in the same style of the 2013 set or as an add on to that set. I’d love to be able to connect to that 2013 Arkham build for a modular effect but I reason I’ll probably have to moc that

• if its a Burton era set I’d prefer a playset with figures covering the rest of the cast so we can move on from this era

Additional desires for the figures coming in the $40 and $230 sets

• If Batgirl comes as Barbara Gordon, please give her her leg printing and dual molded legs. I’d prefer they skip the burnside costume bc its easy to recreate combining the 2014 head with TLBM body and legs. I’m open to them remaking the Rebirth Batgirl we just got because she needs leg printing and dual molded legs for her bat-tipped boots. And her hair should not have been over the shoulder and would actually require a new mould to have her thin sleek hair fall of her back with the tiny bat ears perking overhead. I hope however its the classic Batgirl design with the black outfit and yellow boots (again Batgirl will almost always need dual molded legs and printing to look accurate, also please stop printing her crotch level belt on her torso it really should go on her hip piece. And a dark blue cape with the head piece from 2014. Just please give her the detail she needs

•If Ivy appears I hope she’s finally made green. If Freeze appears I hope he uses one of his older larger helmet moulds. If Riddler appears give him the specialized question mark piece made in TLBM with the same hat piece please!!

• I hope we get 1 new leaguer at least. Of course its Batman sets but I hope they squeeze another hero into one or both of these sets. So many to choose from but Doctor Fate and Fire and Ice are my biggest must haves right now. Mr. Terrific would be nice to see as well

Edited by cosmic

3 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

Obviously it's not perfect or close for some but what I'm trying to say is the 60s set probably isn't going to be 4 plus 

What are you basing that assumption off though? Because some of our most reliable sources say it's 4+.

6 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

What are you basing that assumption off though? Because some of our most reliable sources say it's 4+.

Its probably just a wild guess... Sometimes even the most reliable people are wrong. We will have to wait and see

1 minute ago, Trainfan20 said:

Its probably just a wild guess... Sometimes even the most reliable people are wrong. We will have to wait and see

I mean what other sets could those figures appear in? None of the other rumored sets for the 1st half of 2021 would have figures included 

Edited by Falconfan1414

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I mean what other sets could those figures appear in? None of the other rumored sets for the 1st half of 2021 would have figures included 

When is the $230 set expected to release? I’m assuming both sets are coming in the summer but is one slated for later?

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

When is the $230 set expected to release? I’m assuming both sets are coming in the summer but is one slated for later?

November.

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Why not? LEGO has been using the same Batman Rebirth Minifigure for years.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

• Funhouse/Gotham Fairgrounds set, all separate builds connected by being built on the same foundation, not separate small builds like the 2015 set. Could take heavy inspiration from the Arkham series, the clown mouth should be big and connected to a building that leads to a rollercoaster, a river of love build that goes around the span of the park, a small ferris wheel unrelated to another villain just run down with rusty fair colors, some booths and a circus tent to recreate the death of Dick Graysons parents. 

• Arkham Asylum either in the same style of the 2013 set or as an add on to that set. I’d love to be able to connect to that 2013 Arkham build for a modular effect but I reason I’ll probably have to moc that

• If Batgirl comes as Barbara Gordon, please give her her leg printing and dual molded legs. I’d prefer they skip the burnside costume bc its easy to recreate combining the 2014 head with TLBM body and legs. I’m open to them remaking the Rebirth Batgirl we just got because she needs leg printing and dual molded legs for her bat-tipped boots. And her hair should not have been over the shoulder and would actually require a new mould to have her thin sleek hair fall of her back with the tiny bat ears perking overhead. I hope however its the classic Batgirl design with the black outfit and yellow boots (again Batgirl will almost always need dual molded legs and printing to look accurate, also please stop printing her crotch level belt on her torso it really should go on her hip piece. And a dark blue cape with the head piece from 2014. Just please give her the detail she needs

More location-based stuff would be great. I love your idea of doing the fair with a Haly's circus tent. I'd definitely buy that.

And yeah, we desperately need a proper Babs.

Also, what hair piece do you guys like to use for Nightwing? I don't think any of the ones they've used so far are quite right.

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Why not? LEGO has been using the same Batman Rebirth Minifigure for years.

But not in a D2C

In a lot of ways I’m still unsure about the future of this theme. We are getting sets for the Batman next year, but they were supposed to come out this year, and that explains the near empty roster of sets for this year. But they didn’t plan a normal comic wave. Its too early to tell but I’m not expecting a comic wave next year either. If this theme is not being cancelled do we expect the new norm to be empty shelves on years without marketable movies or is there hope for the theme to release comic sets? On that note do any of you have hope Lego would listen to fan complaints? On instagram and eurobricks fans are quite vocally dissatisfied with the state of this theme. With a legacy wave of MCU sets, Daredevil and Punisher showing up in a Daily Bugle set to attention to detail in the eternals sets, Lego has paid close attention to the demands of fans pretty well with Marvel. Is it crazy to think maybe we will start seeing things like accurate printing, new designs for villains and heroes if they’re being reused as opposed to the literal same designs we get year after year. Fans have requested sets for the Teen titans, to venture beyond just Batman or at least include more heroes and villains outside his world in sets with him, location builds as opposed to just vehicles, and better printing. I kind of hope Lego makes some surprises in the coming years the way they gave Marvel fnas everything they wished for this year.