Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Dream wave?

Normal sets

Anything with the justice league dark- small build of house of mystery or something

Comic based green lantern sets with any corps besides yellow-  could be based on blackest night or be a build of oa. Or just give me an updated jessica cruz in a justice league odyssey set 

Titans rebirth set- just for the figs, lego can put whatever titan bike or jet they want

Battle packs with any group of superheroes- preferably in rebirth attire

Fortress of solitude with black suit superman and any one of the many characters from superman's mythology-except lex 

Comic vignette sets like tdkr cover

D2c

Arkham city

Justice league watchtower

Flash museum (could be a set too)

Edited by thephantasm

If we're talking about dream waves, I would just live them to make 1 set for each character.

A set with 2 Green Lanterns, with (for example) 1 Red Lantern and 1 Yellow Lantern. 

A set with Flash, Kid Flash and Reverse-Flash.

A set with Superman, Supergirl, Brainiac and Lex Luthor.

And so on, just make sets revolving around iconic characters and their lores.

I'd love to get more Flash sets. Wally, Jesse and Bart on top of the already existing Barry and Jay figures would be great. 

And there's a plethora of villains they could do: remade versions of existing figures (Captain Cold, Grodd, Reverse Flash, Killer Frost, Trickster etc) but also characters like Godspeed, Savitar, Heatwave, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper, Top, Glider, Thinker, Cicada, Rival, Black Flash, Doctor Alchemy, Cobalt Blue and so on.

The cw shows are just terrible now but I still would like a star labs with zoom and a season 1/2 arrow cave with a salmon ladder

Edited by thephantasm

Rip Hunter, Booster Gold, Animal Man and a Time Sphere, taking on Vandal Savage and Per Degaton.

Birds of Prey vs Secret Six

Alternatively the Six vs the Society

A Fourth World set with Orion and Lightray vs Kalibak, another with Barda rescuing Scott from the Furies Lashina, Mad Harriet and Stompa.

A classic set of the original Justice League taking on Starro.

A Lantern Corps battle, better still a few to cover all colours. Also construct sets with 1/2 lanterns and appropriate transparent bricks.

A Crisis range from Crisis on Two Earths to Death Metal, including CoIE, Flashpoint, and Convergence.

Creature Commandos on Dinosaur Island 

Thats just spitballing 

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Seriously though, what would the DC equivalent to the upcoming Marvel wave even be?

Actually having a decent amount of sets would be a good place to start lol

My custom wave

oa battle.  GL Hal Jordan GL Killawog Star Sapphire Atrocitus Larfleeze Dex-Starr

Clash of star labs   Flash kid flash Godspeed trickster

watchtower.  Batman superman ww supergirl Martian manhunter booster gold red tornado Adam strange metallo steppenwolf Orion darkseid guy Gardner 

CMF S2    Batman beyond.   Red son superman.  Kingdom come Wonder Woman.   Indigo 1   Saint walker.  Wally west flash.  Grid   Aqualad.   Blue beetle.  Joker batman ninja.   Mad hatter.  Big barda.  Classic green arrow.  Hawk an.  Zatanna.  Nightwing.  

7 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Earths to Death Metal, including CoIE, Flashpoint, and Convergence.

Metal sets would have been so epic, they could have given us a joker dragon build

12 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Actually having a decent amount of sets would be a good place to start lol

Lmao this. Like we usually get 2 sets max per wave. At least 6 would be decent. When was the last time this theme had a full wave? 

Things I’d like to see moving forward:

• If repeating a character, give us a new design. Harley still has a plethora of costumes to get, Joker can still be done in many ways, his purple suit is tired at this point. I want a more menacing face print and I want Lego to experiment with hair pieces for him. Green Ivy, Big Fig Bane (comics), Freeze with either the 2013 or 2017 helmet mould, but with new print and a new ice gun build. You can’t give us no new characters AND repeat variants. Good lord do something.

• Adding more leaguers to Batman sets. If non Batman characters can’t receive their own sets can we at least squeeze them into one of his sets over another Batgirl or Robin? 

• New builds. I am so bricking tired of Bat-Vehicles in some ways I don’t even think Lego will ever give us a non Bat-Vehicle set for this theme ever again. I have no hope in DC anymore. I am literally going crazy at how all this theme is, is vehicles with repeat figures that have bad quality print.  Need vehicles? Ivy’s Rose Bud car, Freeze has had ice mobiles before, we haven’t gotten an ice cream truck lately and that would work really well for Harley if they gave it a red and black color scheme. Like a gothic ice cream truck.

Sets I want to see

• A Teen Titans wave, poofy haired Starfire (do not care for her straight hair depictions, give us her classic with a big new hair mould please), Terra, Beast Boy using Farran’s hair piece from elves, Raven with the new Jedi hood mould (not the one they used on the new Miles Morales)

• Titans Tower 150-250 dollars

• T-Ship based on the cartoon. Sorry the comics design is so boring the animated series had a really unique shape to the ship - $50-$70

• Hive Base breakthrough - similiar to the Toxicita showdown, a facade of a lab and maybe a vehicle or two for Hive. Hopefully the building is a little more complete and visually appealing from the back. Facade more akin to the Sanctum Santorom from Infinity War but less depth for the sake of cost. A helicopter and a few bikes maybe Big fig Mammoth, comics accurate Jinx, 2 Hive Agents, Nightwing, Aqualad - $50 a $70

• Gizmo Takedown - Small hovercraft build for Gizmo, Beast Boy, Raven, a green Elephant, Lion, dog and snake mould. $30-$40 depending on the cost of the large animal moulds.

side notes

• Fire, Ice, Captain Atom, Booster Gold and Ted Kord in sets alongside Batman and Superman facing off villains like Joker, Ivy, Lex Luthor and other big named villains.

• More team ups with the other heroes villain involved. Batman and Firestorm vs Killer Frost and Freeze for example. Superman, Shazam vs Lex and Black Adam.

• More Gotham locations. We got a lame Jokerland in 2015, and a Joker Manor for no reason. I want either a normal Wayne Manor or a big highly detailed and bulky Jokerland set. The clown mouth alone should be intimidating and detailed, not a small little mouth over a flimsy structure. And please no conceptual mashup of locations like the Joker Manor that set is such a waste of potential imo. Iceberg Lounge, Botanical Gardens, Ice Cream Factory hideout, Wayne Manor, Arkham Asylum series of sets that connect like how Lego is handling Hogwarts (!!) etc. 

Edited by cosmic

Sorry if this seems odd, but when I was looking at the recently leaked Shang Chi set, there was a Lego Batman set in the bottom left corner (it only showed the top of the box). An instagram user pointed out that the box seemed new, and I also noticed that the Batman logo and box art seems similar to recent sets. However, the Bat logo is further to the right of the Lego logo than the other boxes with similar designs. It also has two black points that stick out to the top of the box. Could this be the 18+ Batman bust/helmet?

Edited by SuperSith
corrections

1 hour ago, SuperSith said:

Sorry if this seems odd, but when I was looking at the recently leaked Shang Chi set, there was a Lego Batman set in the bottom left corner (it only showed the top of the box). An instagram user pointed out that the box seemed new, and I also noticed that the Batman logo and box art seems similar to recent sets. However, the Bat logo is further to the right of the Lego logo than the other boxes with similar designs. It also has two black points that stick out to the top of the box. Could this be the 18+ Batman bust/helmet?

It definitely sounds like it. FYI the Bat-Cowl has already leaked.

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It definitely sounds like it. FYI the Bat-Cowl has already leaked.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I forgot about it.

I checked that box image and it doesn’t match up with the one in the shang chi leak. The bat-cowl has the lego & batman logos at the bottom of the box, while this one is at the top. It doesn’t look like rear box art either. 

On 3/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, thephantasm said:

Dream wave?

Sets

FTFY

5 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I forgot about it.

I checked that box image and it doesn’t match up with the one in the shang chi leak. The bat-cowl has the lego & batman logos at the bottom of the box, while this one is at the top. It doesn’t look like rear box art either. 

Must be the 4+ set then. Strange box orientation for a 4+ set.

Can't say it's as exciting as Marvel's news, but intel from the gram;

*76180 Batman Vs Joker - $29.99

Includes... Well Batman and Joker

4+ playset based on the 1966 show

*76182 Batman Helmet

Not exactly all news to us, but it's something more official

9 hours ago, PGBQW said:

FTFY

Nah a wave like last year is basically no sets for me because I didn't want any

Lego is so lazy with batman sets and even though they stick to rebirth they didn't give us batgirl's burnside outfit. Heck, do the batmen from metal and you have a more interesting wave of villains right there

But noooooooo..... let's remake penguin, two face and riddler again! Batman beyond? Who's that? Nah lets give batman the same suit across sets

Edited by thephantasm

19 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

But noooooooo..... let's remake penguin, two face and riddler again! Batman beyond? Who's that? Nah lets give batman the same suit across sets

I honestly want this theme to end soooooo bad. I really want this theme to be cancelled. I would rather have no sets than anxiously await the set list every year just to find the same concepts and figures except with less detail and with less product values. This theme is so bad I’d rather get nothing than what we currently get.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I honestly want this theme to end soooooo bad. I really want this theme to be cancelled. I would rather have no sets than anxiously await the set list every year just to find the same concepts and figures except with less detail and with less product values. This theme is so bad I’d rather get nothing than what we currently get.

Dude I'm sorry why are you so anxious about  lego sets? As a dc fan its enough to be anxious about the shitty movies

Anyways its not like lego is the only dc merch we have- we have games and comics too

Edited by thephantasm

1 minute ago, thephantasm said:

Dude I'm sorry why are you so anxious about  lego sets? As a dc fan its enough to be anxious about the shitty movies

Anyways its not like lego is the only dc merch we have- we have games too

The use of the word anxious was honestly more of a poor choice of word. Its more accurate to say I get disappointed after seeing the lists as opposed to saying I anxiously await them.

And yes there is other DC merch but this specific  brand is so unappealing I wish they’d stop making it altogether. I’m just saying I prefer no product over a bad product

16 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Just so you all know, it was the Batman Cowl box actually.

23 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Why does promobricks list list the batman sets as 2021, its just outdated right

Because nobody knows wether these sets will release in late 2021 or early 2022.

I wonder... since dc is getting basically no sets this year what will the fandome set be- I'm guessing it will be based on 66 batman just because we are getting him again but maybeeeeeeee it will be a suciide squad set resusing harley