Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Mattallica said:

and you know this how, are you an insider? doubt it! your GUESS is just as much a GUESS as anyone elses and just as absurd,Batman SELLS period,

That’s Pretty cringe tbh

13 hours ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Wow, what is up with all the negativity and hostility in all these licensed threads lately... we are discussing toys here people lets please just keep it friendly and positive, there already is enough negativity in the world as is.

exactly,whenever anyone (except for the big mouths that comment on everything) make a comment they are basically told that they are stupid or dont know anything, a high post count doesnt mean what you have to say is any more valid or true than anyone else.

I wonder if the 4+ batman set is rushed out to "compensate" for the delay of the batman sets. Or was it  meant to release regardless 

Because the 3 sets would constitute one wave already for lego dc

Edited by thephantasm

7 hours ago, Mattallica said:

exactly,whenever anyone (except for the big mouths that comment on everything) make a comment they are basically told that they are stupid or dont know anything, a high post count doesnt mean what you have to say is any more valid or true than anyone else.

Here Here! Can't this just be a civil society for crying out loud! Why does everyone have to be so asinine!?

8 hours ago, Mattallica said:

And every single time anyone has the audacity to make any questions they're like "why is everyone questioning us all of a sudden"

8 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I wonder if the 4+ batman set is rushed out to "compensate" for the delay of the batman sets. Or was it  meant to release regardless

I think it was meant to be released anyway :wink: So far, we’ve only had one example where a wave was conceived to replace a postponed movie-based one; the 2015 JL sets. In that case, they had a lot more time to prepare it. Moreover, a comic-inspired JL wave and BvS had a lot more in common than a singular 4+ set based on the 60s show and a wave based on The Batman, so this would hardly serve as a replacement

Wow, been awhile since I have been in here, went back like 10 pages hoping to see if something new is going to hit the  shelves anytime soon, I guess not, hard to tell with the current state of conversation in here. It would be funny if not so pathetic, even had to check if I was in the right thread, much less forum, lol.

@Johnny1360 the only 2 sets left for the year is a $40 Batman set and a $230 Batman set. Personally banking on both having at least one new figure. Hope next year is better. 

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

@Johnny1360 the only 2 sets left for the year is a $40 Batman set and a $230 Batman set. Personally banking on both having at least one new figure. Hope next year is better. 

I think the 230 dollars set is probably a batman 1989 D2C set.

1 hour ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

I think the 230 dollars set is probably a batman 1989 D2C set.

You mean like a Batcave? Because the two Batvehicles in that film are already on shelves :laugh: Or a Batski based on Batman Returns, including a Penguin minifig :wub: 

1 year today until The Batman is released in cinemas!

I just wonder if the 3 sets will be released this year or early next year! 

The Batman is coming! 

36 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You mean like a Batcave? Because the two Batvehicles in that film are already on shelves :laugh: Or a Batski based on Batman Returns, including a Penguin minifig :wub: 

I keep saying micro cave and Wayne manor! 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You mean like a Batcave?

I hope not, because I ran out of space for batcaves :(

I just created an account but I am a long time viewer of Eurobricks so it's cool to finally sign up. I'm not sure if it's been said already but I don't believe the 60s batman set will be 4+ 

4 minutes ago, Trainfan20 said:

I just created an account but I am a long time viewer of Eurobricks so it's cool to finally sign up. I'm not sure if it's been said already but I don't believe the 60s batman set will be 4+ 

I think its been confirmed at this point.

3 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Do you know what the set is going to be? Who is going to be in the set? Lego Green Hornet???

As much as I would appreciate that, it isn’t going to happen any time soon. For one DC has never owned the rights to Green Hornet, for another there’s nothing currently out there to suggest that he’s hot property. The little known crossovers wouldn’t be grounds enough to produce it.

27 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

As much as I would appreciate that, it isn’t going to happen any time soon. For one DC has never owned the rights to Green Hornet, for another there’s nothing currently out there to suggest that he’s hot property. The little known crossovers wouldn’t be grounds enough to produce it.

*sad villager noises*

5 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Do you know what the set is going to be? Who is going to be in the set? Lego Green Hornet???

As far as I know the only confirmed figures are Batman and Joker. I think the possibility of a third one has been mentioned but I don't know for sure.

The pain hurts a little less when you're also a Marvel fan as well (mainly just for the comic Spider-Man stuff), but I'm just counting down the days till The Batman sets/the $230 D2C is revealed.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

DC fans punching the air rn after those Marvel reveals.

I hope one day Lego will treat this theme as good as Marvel.

Mehhhh I'm still not that interested, maybe I"ll get the final battle depending on the figs included.

Besides that I think I might only get the marvel cmf and the accessory pack

I'm not desperate for more of lego's generic bat vehicles. As a dc fan, I"ll have gotham knights to soothe me over

On an unrelated note, lego really messed up by not using batgirl's burnside appearance. If they had done so, I would have bought that bat-truck day one

Edited by thephantasm

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

DC fans punching the air rn after those Marvel reveals.

I hope one day Lego will treat this theme as good as Marvel.

Maybe the same day when AT&T starts treating DC the same as Disney treats Marvel :grin:

Seriously though, what would the DC equivalent to the upcoming Marvel wave even be? To me, that'd be more sets based on the Burton/Schumacher and Nolan films. The DCEU (sadly) isn't well done enough in my eyes to really deserve that 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe the same day when AT&T starts treating DC the same as Disney treats Marvel :grin:

Seriously though, what would the DC equivalent to the upcoming Marvel wave even be? To me, that'd be more sets based on the Burton/Schumacher and Nolan films. The DCEU (sadly) isn't well done enough in my eyes to really deserve that 

I'd say just a wave of sets that include some unique locations and non-Batman vehicles. There's nothing wrong with LEGO focusing on Batman as much as they do but the neverending supply of recycled Batvehicles is incredibly annoying. Batman is more than just Bruce and his vehicles fighting Joker, Catwoman, Penguin and so on. Even within the limits they set now there's still a lot of possibilities. 

$30-$40 set that has Batman trying to rescue Catwoman from Penguin in his Iceberg Lounge? Count me in!

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I mean DC works completely different from Marvel (after Snyder's failed shared universe).

Instead of focusing on making one giant connected universe like MCU, they just focus on making movies - Wan came, said "I want Aquaman", boom, one of DC's best. Phillips came with Phoenix, said "I have an idea for a Joker movie", boom, one of DC's best. They thought "what about Shazam?", boom, one of DC's best.

Of course there were movies that did just ok (BoP), or really bad (WW84), but they are doing great after Snyder disappeared (well, at least for some time...). Especially with more DC's best on the way with TSS or The Batman. 

What I'm trying to say is that DC's universe is too premature as of now to make something like a Legacy wave.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd say just a wave of sets that include some unique locations and non-Batman vehicles. There's nothing wrong with LEGO focusing on Batman as much as they do but the neverending supply of recycled Batvehicles is incredibly annoying. Batman is more than just Bruce and his vehicles fighting Joker, Catwoman, Penguin and so on. Even within the limits they set now there's still a lot of possibilities. 

$30-$40 set that has Batman trying to rescue Catwoman from Penguin in his Iceberg Lounge? Count me in!

This ^

Just do sets that aren't movie based, but they are based on DC's unique characters and locations instead of Batman, same 3 villains and Bat-vehicles.