Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I watched both of the Michael Keaton Batman movies for the first time this week and I definitely wouldn’t be mad if the unknown D2C was the Batboat. It could come with a slightly updated Batman and new figures of Catwoman and Penguin. I know that this is an unpopular sentiment around here though.

Damn I recently got back into Lego DC especially with the Batman figure from 40453, and last year with The Dark Knight Returns Joker Dc Collectible Figure. 

Will we get any Summer Batman sets ? Especially with Joker ???

Edited by LEGO_0801

12 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

Damn I recently got back into Lego DC especially with the Batman figure from 40453, and last year with The Dark Knight Returns Joker Dc Collectible Figure. 

There’s a Juniors set coming out in the summer. Some “The Batman” sets coming January 2022 and one regular set coming October. Brickset has a few listed but we don’t know what these are and when they will release.

16 hours ago, LEGO_0801 said:

May 1st - '66 Batman vs. Joker 4+ set and 18+ Batman head.

October 1st - 40€ Batman set.

November 1st - 230€ Batman set.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Still 2 set numbers unaccounted for.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

5 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Still 2 set numbers unaccounted for.

What are those 2 set numbers? My understanding that those 3 sets, the Juniors 66 set, and the 2 standard Batman sets were all we were getting for the theme this year? I mean beside the cowl and mini figure pack. We may have gotten another Juniors set as well don’t remember. Thats 6 products for the year? Unimpressive but still better than a completely empty roster. But I’ve not heard of 2 additional sets where did you hear about that? 

Edited by cosmic

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think this is more likely 

May 1st (Comics) Batman vs Joker 4+ Set & Batman Cowl 

October 1st $40 ?????

November 1st could be a Batman 66 set look at the facts (18+ so it's aimed at adults, D2C, $230)  I'm thinking a Penguin submarine from the 1966 movie

Coz Why would lego market a juniors set with '66 Batman ? 

23 minutes ago, LEGO_0801 said:

I think this is more likely 

May 1st (Comics) Batman vs Joker 4+ Set & Batman Cowl 

October 1st $40 ?????

November 1st could be a Batman 66 set look at the facts (18+ so it's aimed at adults, D2C, $230)  I'm thinking a Penguin submarine from the 1966 movie

Coz Why would lego market a juniors set with '66 Batman ? 

Well you're wrong.

Not to mention that I'd be way too early for November leaks.

May 4+ set is based on 1966 series.

I take this as the D2C is not based on the 66 Adam West series. Thank goodness, I hope its a comic design with many figured and not the 3 we’ve seen in the 80’s sets. Maybe a new leaguer or two? It’d be nice to see a new concept like a structure other than Arkham or a vehicle for someone other than Batman. It’s confirmed to be a Batman D2C I’m hoping Jokerland. The 2015 set felt lacking for me I could see the build being bulkier and more intricate with the park layout being more connected and a fuller image. I’d also be okay with a Wayne Manor with a mountainous facade under the mansion that when opened reveals the Batcave. Or a Joker Ice Cream Lair. Hope every figure has appropriate printing and I pray we finally get Batgirl with her dual molded printed boots. Give Babs her boots! I have hope it may surprise. But I also feel it will probably disappoint. 

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

What are those 2 set numbers? My understanding that those 3 sets, the Juniors 66 set, and the 2 standard Batman sets were all we were getting for the theme this year? I mean beside the cowl and mini figure pack. We may have gotten another Juniors set as well don’t remember. Thats 6 products for the year? Unimpressive but still better than a completely empty roster. But I’ve not heard of 2 additional sets where did you hear about that? 

They were posted on IG ages ago and they appear in Brickset (the same link I posted above). 76239 & 76240 are the 2 sets unaccounted for so potentially 2 normal sets for summer instead of waiting all the way until October.

Still placing my bet on a 1966 Batmobile D2C because why wouldn’t they?

Set numbers 

76180 -$30

76181 - Retail

76182 - $60

76183 - Retail

76239 - Retail

76240 Lego Exclusive

To me this reads as an entire wave. This is using the info from the bricklink link @Anonknee Muss left a few comments above. Listing 76240 as a Lego exclusive has me thinking that’s the D2C. I’m wondering if this is a rushed wave to fill the year, a comic wave they had already planned, or if some of these set numbers are for The Batman Movie.

None of them on bricklink are listed as Batman. Could be wishful thinking but what if we got a Justice League wave? I think what was lacking in the 2018 wave was good figures. They went with an uninspiring design for Killer Frost, lack of leg detail on Firestorm, and Cheetah needed leg, arm, and tail printing and they gave her none of that. Also a tired hair piece when the elves Azari mould would work perfect for cheetah. This is a total of 6 sets this year! With generous prices so we have the potential of *drum roll please* more than 1 new figure this year! I’m hoping we get at lest 1 new hero and 1 new villain. Maybe updates on heroes we’ve already gotten? Black Canary could use a different hairpiece (seriously so sick of that piece) a new face print and an array of different costumes. It’s high time Batgirl got leg printing, Hawkgirl a proper mould, Green Arrow can be updated as well. 

I have renewed hope for this year and with several Bat-vehicles on the market I pray we get a new concept in at least 1 set. And with 6 sets thats a possibility. This year may end up being not too shabby for the theme. We’ll see. Unless any number of these sets ends up being for the next year, that would suck. 6 sets is kind of promising actually.

Edited by cosmic

have we forgot about the Batman emblem set (cross between art/brick built set) supposedly out May!

76179 - $15 The Batman Movie 2022 (guess Batcycle)

76180 -$30 - 4 plus Batman 66 - Joker v Batman

76181 - $40- The Batman Movie 2022  (guess Batmobile)

76182 - $60 - Batman Bust

76183 - $70 - The Batman Movie 2022 (guess Batcave)

76239 - $40 - Batman Comic (guess Batboat)

76240 - $230 - Lego Exclusive (guess 89 Mircoscale Batcave/Wayne Manor)

The Batman Polybag

Okay so 76180 is the Juniors set, 76181 and 76183 are for next year. 76182 is the bust. 76239 and 76240 are the only two mystery sets. I am back to expecting 2 unknown sets. I happened to trick myself into thinking there was 6 new sets for us to see. Silly me. 

16 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

76239 - $40 - Batman Comic (guess Batboat)

76240 - $230 - Lego Exclusive (guess 89 Mircoscale Batcave/Wayne Manor)

The Batman Polybag

I hope the $40 is a good  surprise. Maybe a solid new figure, or character update. Maybe 2 new characters? I don’t know hope its not the usual. I would hate for the D2C to be a micro-scaled BatCave. I want a system scaled set. This theme rarely gets system scaled D2C’s. With the two recent Bat vehicles from the Burton era being over-scaled. And the Tumbler as well. I believe our most recent system scale D2C was Arkham, the first. I count the Jokerized Manor and Ultra Bat-mobile as belonging to TLBM theme. I want another formal DC system scale set, and the oversized sets tend to have few figures. I’m sure the sane would be the case with this idea. I’m done with the Adam West and Tim Burton era sets, we almost never get any real content for this theme and the content we do get is repetitive and dull. I want a structure with at least 8 figures. The more the merrier. If it must be Batman it could be many things and I hope if they include Freeze, its using one of his bigger molds, if Ivy is there I hope she’s green (and give her a different hairpiece), if Scarecrow is there give him the bag head, if its Harley give her the nee Pigtail piece from TLM2. If its a structure hope its new but if its Arkham make it detailed. Or somehow an extension of the 2013 one. Just make it exciting stop with the 2-3 figures with no details and these out of scale vehicles. I want something new. In both the small and large set. The bar is so low “new” could just be leg printing :/

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Set numbers 

76180 -$30

76181 - Retail

76182 - $60

76183 - Retail

76239 - Retail

76240 Lego Exclusive

76181 and 76183 are 2022 sets for The Batman. 

76180 and 76182 are Batman 66 vs Joker 4+ and Batman bust respectively, both coming May 1st.

76239 is a 40€ Batman set coming October 1st.

75240 is a 230€ Batman set coming Nivember 1st.

As you can see, this is not a wave. There are 3 "waves" this year with 4 sets in total, which is basically nothing.

@THELEGOBATMAN yes yes I corrected myself in the first paragraph of the comment above yours. The only mystery sets left are the $40 and $230 Batman set. Hope each is worth the wait but I can easily seeing this entire year disappointing.

45 minutes ago, cosmic said:

@THELEGOBATMAN yes yes I corrected myself in the first paragraph of the comment above yours. The only mystery sets left are the $40 and $230 Batman set. Hope each is worth the wait but I can easily seeing this entire year disappointing.

Yeah, this year is a huge disappointment for DC.

We're getting literally 5 sets.

Not to mention that one of them is an accessory pack, another is a 4+ set, then there's a bust and a D2C set - which leaves us with one regular DC set. This really has to be the worst year for any theme ever.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, this year is a huge disappointment for DC.

We're getting literally 5 sets.

Not to mention that one of them is an accessory pack, another is a 4+ set, then there's a bust and a D2C set - which leaves us with one regular DC set. This really has to be the worst year for any theme ever.

It actually gets worse for dc and especially worse if you compare it to marvel 

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Do you mean worse with each year, or is it even worse in 2022 :iamded_lol:

I guess the first one tho. I mean just compare it to this year's Marvel - 8 comic sets, 7 MCU sets, 3 Spider-Man sets (possibly MCU), 7 Avengers sets, 1 D2C, 1 bust, 1 Advent Calendar and then 1 CMF series. Isn't that crazy?

This year's ratio is 29 to 5 :wacko:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you mean worse with each year, or is it even worse in 2022 :iamded_lol:

Has to be the former, since with 3 sets based on The Batman, 2022 is already looking up :laugh:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This year's ratio is 29 to 5 :wacko:

Payback for 2017/2018 when DC got a TON of sets thanks to TLBM :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Has to be the former, since with 3 sets based on The Batman, 2022 is already looking up :laugh:

Payback for 2017/2018 when DC got a TON of sets thanks to TLBM :tongue:

Watch those 3 The Batman sets be the only DC sets in 2022 :shrug_oh_well:

2017 was the peak for sets based on DC, and I don't think it'll ever get better than that. I still have all my TLBM sets displayed and they look stunning together.

40 minutes ago, doclord said:

I hope DC finds a way to appeal to kids, otherwise the longevity of this theme isn’t looking too hot.

Agreed. Now that the DCEU is over (sort of), maybe they can start making films again that appeal to a wider audience than that grimdark nonsense of the Snyder era, which then opens the door for better sets as well :tongue: Most kids don't care about the comics (and who can blame them when knowing 70 years of continuity is pretty much a requirement at this point), so it's the movies or cartoons that have to pull them in and I very highly doubt any pre-Aquaman film in the DCEU really managed to do that. A second TLBM isn't coming, so it's up to the DC live-action films to make sure kids get invested in the theme again

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Agreed. Now that the DCEU is over (sort of), maybe they can start making films again that appeal to a wider audience than that grimdark nonsense of the Snyder era, which then opens the door for better sets as well :tongue: Most kids don't care about the comics (and who can blame them when knowing 70 years of continuity is pretty much a requirement at this point), so it's the movies or cartoons that have to pull them in and I very highly doubt any pre-Aquaman film in the DCEU really managed to do that. A second TLBM isn't coming, so it's up to the DC live-action films to make sure kids get invested in the theme again

It all depend on Lego tho. We have a lot of DC movies coming, and the variety is bigger then ever - but based on previous patterns, will they make Shazam! Fury of The Gods or Black Adam sets? We can only hope so.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It all depend on Lego tho. We have a lot of DC movies coming, and the variety is bigger then ever - but based on previous patterns, will they make Shazam! Fury of The Gods or Black Adam sets? We can only hope so.

But also why would they? The Justice League (Snydervers) sets sold poorly. My understanding is that the BvS wave was not too hot either. I’m personally buying the Wonder Woman 84 set because I absolutely love the build but many won’t because of how poorly the film was received. I think making sets on any DC movie is a financial risk. I see them releasing unofficial tie ins however. The Shazam movie released in 2019 and we got Shazam in a polynag and a Batwing set that same year. Harley (in her Suicide Squad New 52 fit) and Deadshot appeared in a set in 2016, the year of the Suicide Squad movie. We’ll probably just get Black Adam in a comic set, probably also led by Batman and his villains. Highly unlikely Mary Marvel or any other Shazam family member will be released in sets.

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

this is literally so concerning? With only 1 retail set this year are you implying things could get worse? Is this theme on track to be cancelled? 

I feel like I’m living in the last days of the DC brand in general. This is probably the desperation Marvel fans felt as Marvel was going bankrupt in the 90’s. I actually think this is worse. 

its probably about to be discontinued. I feel sad. There’s no serious DC kids cartoon on air, Justice League Action was just shorts. No DC animated Universe. The animated movies haven’t been as good lately. The comics industry in general is in shambles. And I don’t even know who to blame for the mess that is the movies. The DC brand is dying and I’m very hurt about that. It would take years of a continuous animation boom and a pause from movies and a return with nothing less than a stellar and groundbreaking SERIES of films to get the brand back up on its feet. We are not getting a normal comic wave anytime soon. And when we do it’ll probably suck.

I’m just angry I remember being told “everyone has made peace with the state of this theme but you” and I feel like I see that. I still can’t believe my favorite theme is effectively dead and there’s no hope of it coming back to life for many years and even then less likely as no one at Warner Bros seems to know how to handle the License. Wish warner and At&T did not own DC. Marvel was bought by Disney but before that did their own thing. For some reason I feel DC being owned by Warner Media which is owned by AT&T hurt the brand. Can’t prove it but I think the many chains of authority have hurt DC and it’d be easier to clean up if it was independent but what do I know. 

Edited by cosmic

I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of time loop, because I swear we have this exact conversation every single week.

Can't wait for someone to say that The Batman won't have any sets because it will be R Rated :grin: