Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I want it because I don't want to buy a 4+ set for a good Penguin or another Bat vehicle for (IMO) the best Harley Quinn figure

I agree. Reminds me a lot of the Harley in the Harley Quinn animated series.

Eh. I really like the hair and body print for the new Harley but for some reason don’t like the face. Maybe its the facial expressions or the light eyeshadow but her face is kind of not doing it for me. The new Penguin would be better if he used TLBM hat mold in either black or purple. The new Batman is decent I guess. The hammer for Harley is very underwhelming. 

everyone has their own opinion but the 2016 New 52 Harley and the 70916 Harley are the best imo. Hope they eventually release a Harley with dark eyeshadow and either dark red or black lips. Hope to see a different face print for her too. Her face prints have for some reason always left something to be desired for me. Maybe a darker makeup and an angrier or more whacky face would do? Not sure.

Edited by cosmic

38 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Eh. I really like the hair and body print for the new Harley but for some reason don’t like the face. Maybe its the facial expressions or the light eyeshadow but her face is kind of not doing it for me.

I'm not fond of it either. The current face print just looks too kind and friendly to me. It doesn't really suit Harley as an anti-hero/villain or capture her crazy personality like previous face prints did.

15 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm not fond of it either. The current face print just looks too kind and friendly to me. It doesn't really suit Harley as an anti-hero/villain or capture her crazy personality like previous face prints did.

Sat on this thought for a while and I wanted to say I agree. You hit the nail on the head, Harley is a deranged, violent, funny and unpredictable but dangerous character. Something a little more sinister and snarky seems appropriate. This current face is on the sillier and goofier side. She needs to have that sort of cartoony darkness to her. I think what I didn’t enjoy of TLBM figure is she had that Disney style lack of teeth and general wideness to her smile, the figure felt lacking. The 2016 Harley face was the best imo, and I think more can be done around that design. It could be tweaked and updated but they got the right clowny villain feel. Oof this was long. 

Very excited for the 3 upcoming sets this year! Looking back I actually enjoyed this past years Batcave, and the more recent Batmech with Firefly and Ivy. Potentially at least one of these 3 sets can have something worth seeing?

We usually get at least one new figure a year and while that bar is so low and we should be getting more, I have hope in Lego giving us at least one new figure this year. If it’s a hero or villain is yet to be seen. Last year our only new figure was Bronze Tiger, a villain.  Regardless of who it is I’m excited for what we may get. Hopefully we get some leaguers accompanying Batman, with last year Mobile Batbase still on shelves, Batgirl and Nightwing are available to audiences. Hopefully that opens up room for Batman to be accompanied by other heroes this wave, even if the villains remain his. We saw this with Shazam joining him against Riddler in that Batwing set, what was that 2,3 years ago? I’d personally like to see an updated Black Canary, with a new face, using the blonde Hermione hair and with a different costume, maybe her black leotard or her more recent depictions. Wouldn’t mind seeing an updated Hawkgirl either, with a new Helmet mold. Always felt they went cheap reusing Hawkmans mold and it isn’t really applicable to her. Firestorm also has a few routes to take, Jason Rusch with leg printing, Ronnie Raymond classic(“underwear costume”, Ronnie Raymond dark red costume or Ronnie Raymond silver Futures End costume.

As for new Leaguers I’d like to see Fire and Ice or Booster Gold. With the price ranges we are getting we could see at least one location. I don’t know, I have more faith in this year now that we know we aren’t getting absolutely nothing. My one concern regardless however, is, whichever new character we get, will they receive the appropriate printing? Many of DC’s characters would need dual molded legs, leg printing, or both. I hope Lego depicts them accordingly. But they’ve set a precedent of skipping out the details, so.

22 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I want it because I don't want to buy a 4+ set for a good Penguin or another Bat vehicle for (IMO) the best Harley Quinn figure

That's why I got it, I only wanted the new Penguin but instead of buying the 4+ set for $5 extra I get an exclusive Batman and a Harley I don't have.

57 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Sat on this thought for a while and I wanted to say I agree. You hit the nail on the head, Harley is a deranged, violent, funny and unpredictable but dangerous character. Something a little more sinister and snarky seems appropriate. This current face is on the sillier and goofier side. She needs to have that sort of cartoony darkness to her. I think what I didn’t enjoy of TLBM figure is she had that Disney style lack of teeth and general wideness to her smile, the figure felt lacking. The 2016 Harley face was the best imo, and I think more can be done around that design. It could be tweaked and updated but they got the right clowny villain feel. Oof this was long. 

Very excited for the 3 upcoming sets this year! Looking back I actually enjoyed this past years Batcave, and the more recent Batmech with Firefly and Ivy. Potentially at least one of these 3 sets can have something worth seeing?

We usually get at least one new figure a year and while that bar is so low and we should be getting more, I have hope in Lego giving us at least one new figure this year. If it’s a hero or villain is yet to be seen. Last year our only new figure was Bronze Tiger, a villain.  Regardless of who it is I’m excited for what we may get. Hopefully we get some leaguers accompanying Batman, with last year Mobile Batbase still on shelves, Batgirl and Nightwing are available to audiences. Hopefully that opens up room for Batman to be accompanied by other heroes this wave, even if the villains remain his. We saw this with Shazam joining him against Riddler in that Batwing set, what was that 2,3 years ago? I’d personally like to see an updated Black Canary, with a new face, using the blonde Hermione hair and with a different costume, maybe her black leotard or her more recent depictions. Wouldn’t mind seeing an updated Hawkgirl either, with a new Helmet mold. Always felt they went cheap reusing Hawkmans mold and it isn’t really applicable to her. Firestorm also has a few routes to take, Jason Rusch with leg printing, Ronnie Raymond classic(“underwear costume”, Ronnie Raymond dark red costume or Ronnie Raymond silver Futures End costume.

As for new Leaguers I’d like to see Fire and Ice or Booster Gold. With the price ranges we are getting we could see at least one location. I don’t know, I have more faith in this year now that we know we aren’t getting absolutely nothing. My one concern regardless however, is, whichever new character we get, will they receive the appropriate printing? Many of DC’s characters would need dual molded legs, leg printing, or both. I hope Lego depicts them accordingly. But they’ve set a precedent of skipping out the details, so.

I want more location builds, I'd also like a minifig scale clayface because he is my favorite Batman villain (something similar to the 2006 Lego Batman game, I loved that design)

I'm kinda in disbelief that wb wants to make a looney tunes cmf before a dc cmf 2- the only thing that I see driving demand besides nostalgia from older fans is space jam 2

Then again maybe they just didn't want to compete with the marvel cmf at the same time

8 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I'm kinda in disbelief that wb wants to make a looney tunes cmf before a dc cmf 2- the only thing that I see driving demand besides nostalgia from older fans is space jam 2

Then again maybe they just didn't want to compete with the marvel cmf at the same time

You have to also take in mind that LEGO never does a licensed CMF for a specific license 2 years in a row. The DC CMF released in 2020 so if we get a follow-up series it wouldn't come out sooner than 2022 anyway.

9 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Well the dc cmf released in 2020 and considering it will be left over in some stores plus the shortest time span for a series was 2 years with Harry Potter there is no way they would release a series 2, if we are getting a series 2, only a few series later 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

You have to also take in mind that LEGO never does a licensed CMF for a specific license 2 years in a row. 

Besides the LEGO Batman Movies series in 2017 and 2018 and Simpsons series in 2014 and 2015. :wink: But maybe they have a hard and fast rule about it now.

I actually heard Batman Movie 2 and Simpsons 2 are the worst CMF in terms of sales

Maybe that's why they don't do it anymore 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I actually heard Batman Movie 2 and Simpsons 2 are the worst CMF in terms of sales

Maybe that's why they don't do it anymore 

Oh my god who thought Tutu Batman and Caveman Batman would be huge hits :innocent:

I remember Simpsons Series 2 selling poorly at my local stores and thought little of it. I didn’t care for the franchise but thought the designs were solid for whoever would. Guess not a lot of people did. 

Hope the DC Series sold better than the Lego Batman Movie Series. I hope it sold well in general. As terrible of an administrative job as the cinematic and comic directors at DC are doing, I have hope that the value of this brand is strong enough for a series to sell. I like to think DC is in a rough patch, but won’t be here forever. It’s important to understand how the failing cinematic efforts diminish the strength of the brand. I just really want a Series 2. 

Aside from a repetitive roster of Batman figures in the first Series and ugly design choices for Batgirl and Robin (imo) I still thought both Series 1 and 2 had enough JL members, villains and supporting characters to sell well. I actually loved March Harriet, Mime, Jor-El, Eraser, and the Wonder Twins. Black Vulcan, Canary, and Calendar Man were decent as well. 

Off topic for 2021 but I recently saw a full review of the 2020 Mobile Bat Base and wow I hate that set. So many creative decisions that bothered me. Really wish it was never produced. Lego rarely makes DC sets and we are so used to waves with just 2 sets. I wish they made a Joker Ice Cream Factory Hideout or a Botanical Gardens or something more relevant to Batman and exciting. Even the Bat-Tank, I think would have done good at that price point of $90. Batgirl absolutely needs both dual molded legs and leg printing, for the Bat details on the top of her boots.  I am so bricking over this hairpiece in Lego superheroes. It fit well for Gamora, Storm obviously needed a new mold, I prefer displaying Black Widow in different hair but i guess it was accurate for her too, Stargirl it was annoying for, she literally has like 3 different hair pieces that would more accurately depict her as she’s shown in the comics (the Trendsetters hair, S6 Intergalactic Girl hair, or the S9 Mermaid hair). But Batgirl really irked me. In the Rebirth comics this design was going for, she has tiny little Bat ears perk over her silky straight red hair. This overused piece works better for thicker, wavier hair. That’s also over the shoulder. Her hair is more straight smooth and falls off her back. In many ways I wish Lego would produce an entirely new female hair mold, as I feel we have a lot, but many aren’t applicable. Idk would love more hair options. Mr. Freeze is a huge downgrade. Horrendous. Why does he have such a small helmet and basic design? We got 2 great molds from him in 2013 and with the Lego Batman movie. Why downgrade to something smaller and less intimidating? His design is so bad i would probably give it away or discard it I really don’t want it anywhere near my collection lmao it was so bad. And for what? We’ve gotten some great Freeze figures before what creative decision about this newer one felt worth making? He looks bad. The base looks exactly like the Ultra Agents HQ. the design feels unoriginal and inapplicable to the character. The figure designs are both lazy and underwhelming. I care so little for the small vehicles. Why? Because Lego released so many Batvehicles over the year these have no impact on me as a consumer. Its the same old same old with even less detail than usual. This set is so bad. I really wish another idea took its place. Need a bat vehicle? Cool should have been the Bat-Tank with a decent interior and a little Bat-Bike to fit in. Want to reuse the same roster of characters? Make Mr. Freeze at least look worth buying. Man-Bat was nice I guess. Nightwing’s polybag release to me towers over this design. Batman also needs dual molded legs, and similar to Batgirl would need leg printing on top to really be accurate. This set is everything I hate about Lego DC. The build is like? When was that ever used in Batman media and who cared about it enough for it to be a set? The figures are horrendous, Freeze, Batgirl and Nightwing all look bad to me, thats like half the cast. Bronze Tiger and Batman are also underwhelming imo. Didn’t want to make a new mold for Bronze Tiger? I guess they went all modern but I’d loved to have seen his classic design with a yellow bandana over his head and Falcons hairpiece with a yellow karate outfit on. It would have called for more detail. The build sucks and so do the figures. Like at least the more recent Batwing set, which I also did not enjoy, had a great Commissioner Gordon figure, Shazam, and the Batwing had not really been seen in a while. Oh my god I hope Lego never makes a DC set this bad again. If we never get sets make the few we get worth buying please dear lord. 

rant over

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Off topic for 2021 but I recently saw a full review of the 2020 Mobile Bat Base and wow I hate that set. So many creative decisions that bothered me. Really wish it was never produced. Lego rarely makes DC sets and we are so used to waves with just 2 sets. I wish they made a Joker Ice Cream Factory Hideout or a Botanical Gardens or something more relevant to Batman and exciting. Even the Bat-Tank, I think would have done good at that price point of $90. Batgirl absolutely needs both dual molded legs and leg printing, for the Bat details on the top of her boots.  I am so bricking over this hairpiece in Lego superheroes. It fit well for Gamora, Storm obviously needed a new mold, I prefer displaying Black Widow in different hair but i guess it was accurate for her too, Stargirl it was annoying for, she literally has like 3 different hair pieces that would more accurately depict her as she’s shown in the comics (the Trendsetters hair, S6 Intergalactic Girl hair, or the S9 Mermaid hair). But Batgirl really irked me. In the Rebirth comics this design was going for, she has tiny little Bat ears perk over her silky straight red hair. This overused piece works better for thicker, wavier hair. That’s also over the shoulder. Her hair is more straight smooth and falls off her back. In many ways I wish Lego would produce an entirely new female hair mold, as I feel we have a lot, but many aren’t applicable. Idk would love more hair options. Mr. Freeze is a huge downgrade. Horrendous. Why does he have such a small helmet and basic design? We got 2 great molds from him in 2013 and with the Lego Batman movie. Why downgrade to something smaller and less intimidating? His design is so bad i would probably give it away or discard it I really don’t want it anywhere near my collection lmao it was so bad. And for what? We’ve gotten some great Freeze figures before what creative decision about this newer one felt worth making? He looks bad. The base looks exactly like the Ultra Agents HQ. the design feels unoriginal and inapplicable to the character. The figure designs are both lazy and underwhelming. I care so little for the small vehicles. Why? Because Lego released so many Batvehicles over the year these have no impact on me as a consumer. Its the same old same old with even less detail than usual. This set is so bad. I really wish another idea took its place. Need a bat vehicle? Cool should have been the Bat-Tank with a decent interior and a little Bat-Bike to fit in. Want to reuse the same roster of characters? Make Mr. Freeze at least look worth buying. Man-Bat was nice I guess. Nightwing’s polybag release to me towers over this design. Batman also needs dual molded legs, and similar to Batgirl would need leg printing on top to really be accurate. This set is everything I hate about Lego DC. The build is like? When was that ever used in Batman media and who cared about it enough for it to be a set? The figures are horrendous, Freeze, Batgirl and Nightwing all look bad to me, thats like half the cast. Bronze Tiger and Batman are also underwhelming imo. Didn’t want to make a new mold for Bronze Tiger? I guess they went all modern but I’d loved to have seen his classic design with a yellow bandana over his head and Falcons hairpiece with a yellow karate outfit on. It would have called for more detail. The build sucks and so do the figures. Like at least the more recent Batwing set, which I also did not enjoy, had a great Commissioner Gordon figure, Shazam, and the Batwing had not really been seen in a while. Oh my god I hope Lego never makes a DC set this bad again. If we never get sets make the few we get worth buying please dear lord. 

rant over

I see your point as an AFOL but my kid LOVES this set. He’s been playing with it nonstop since Christmas. :head_back:

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Off topic for 2021 but I recently saw a full review of the 2020 Mobile Bat Base and wow I hate that set. So many creative decisions that bothered me. Really wish it was never produced.

I didn't mind it that much, and it is one of the few DC sets I picked up last year. Overall the Batman/DC theme is so heavily vehicle focused that I thought is was nice getting something other than another Bat-boat/wing/mobile/bike. Makes far more sense to me in the Batverse than the $#!^ we've been getting in the Spider-Man theme. Also, I did rather like the different take on Batgirl, and also liked the fact that we did get a new character in Bronze Tiger. I only buy the DC sets if they have a character I don't already have, or at least a minifigure that's design I really like, and they seem to be few and far between the last couple of years.

Definitely agree with you in that I'd rather be getting location sets instead of the repeated vehicles we seem guaranteed to get in round-robin waves.

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well the dc cmf released in 2020 and considering it will be left over in some stores plus the shortest time span for a series was 2 years with Harry Potter there is no way they would release a series 2, if we are getting a series 2, only a few series later 

This was selling very well early on! There is always left over minifigs around the world! But hey, I guess its not Marvel! 

20 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I see your point as an AFOL but my kid LOVES this set. He’s been playing with it nonstop since Christmas. :head_back:

Happy someones enjoying it, and their target demographic at that. 

19 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

I didn't mind it that much, and it is one of the few DC sets I picked up last year. Overall the Batman/DC theme is so heavily vehicle focused that I thought is was nice getting something other than another Bat-boat/wing/mobile/bike. Makes far more sense to me in the Batverse than the $#!^ we've been getting in the Spider-Man theme. Also, I did rather like the different take on Batgirl, and also liked the fact that we did get a new character in Bronze Tiger. I only buy the DC sets if they have a character I don't already have, or at least a minifigure that's design I really like, and they seem to be few and far between the last couple of years.

Definitely agree with you in that I'd rather be getting location sets instead of the repeated vehicles we seem guaranteed to get in round-robin waves.

Same here, if I already have every figure in a set, I don’t buy it, unless the build is a must have, which is usually not the case in superheroes. This makes buying DC a cheap commodity because they rarely release new characters. On the note of more building and structured based sets, I agree completely. I think part of the problem is how few sets we get in general. Vehicles sell best and with waves with only 2 sets, Lego is going to stick to safe concepts. But even in saying that, you can always have the bulk of a set be a structure and release a few smaller vehicles to accompany. The bulk of the mobile bat build was a vehicle and the smaller builds were also vehicles.

I really want a joker Ice Cream Factory Hideout similar to his depictions in Batman the Animated Series, a large ice cream factory silhouette, with a hot air ballon escape for joker, with Harley and her 2 hyenas, Batman and co can also come in on a glider and motorcycles. Sets like this would speak to me, and is a decent example of what I mean by adding vehicles to location based builds. We actually always get a car with each Arkham release so they’ve kind of already been on that. 

aannd on that note I really want this years $200 set to be anything other than a bat vehicle. I’ll take another Arkham. Just please stop with the batvehicles.

10 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok so whats the chance of a actual mad hatter minifigure being released and maybe even hush

a bit off topic but it seems like ever since a unqualified idiot with no degree in psychology whatsoever tried to smear lewis carrols name over stuff that was completely untrue

a lot of media are scared of doing anything related to alice in wonderland and alice through the looking glass that could be a reason for no mad hatter yet

I think we haven’t seen Mad Hatter because DC has not used him in a cartoon since Batman the Animated Series and thats not on these days how it was when I was growing up. He’s not big in media and Lego DC is notorious for going for “safe” and popular character choices in sets.

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

I really want this years $200 set to be anything other than a bat vehicle. I’ll take another Arkham. Just please stop with the batvehicles.

Heck yeah, I would love another Arkham. I have almost finished building the original one out of my spare parts and BrickLinked missing pieces. It's worked out cheaper than buying the set, probably because I had sooooo many unbuilt vehicle pieces. Got 10937 for my birthday last year thanks to my awesome wife, and she got me the TLBM set for Christmas when that released.

Busy working on an Arkham Island MOC, but it is slow going.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

He’s not big in media and Lego DC is notorious for going for “safe” and popular character choices in sets.

Yeah, seems we need a character to make an Arrowverse/movie appearance before they show up. Other than that LEGO uses the exact same villains over-and-over again...

On 2/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, BigGuy4U said:

The Batman minifig is exclusive.

Hmm Thanks, cos I thought I've seen one very similar is earlier sets.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:16 AM, Moon_Knight said:

I find the comments attached to this video comical because the EXCLUSIVE Batman included in the pack is the only reason why most people want it lol

I guess there are too many Batman variants been released and poeple wants something different?

On 2/24/2021 at 12:47 PM, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok so whats the chance of a actual mad hatter minifigure being released and maybe even hush

a bit off topic but it seems like ever since a unqualified idiot with no degree in psychology whatsoever tried to smear lewis carrols name over stuff that was completely untrue

a lot of media are scared of doing anything related to alice in wonderland and alice through the looking glass that could be a reason for no mad hatter yet

The Disney CMF series has featured the Cheshire Cat and Alice. Nobody needs to be qualified in anything to know that taking photos of nude children is wrong. The Burton films were made with this knowledge in hand. That isn’t the issue. I would say Disney has the upper hand on this one, and there’s little else to it. Who knows why Hush has never been done.

Hi 

I'm excited about 4+ Batman Vs Joker set but just wanted to know these three things

1) Is this set still releasing May 1st ?

2) Will the Batman minifig be the same as the one in the accessory pack #40453 ?

3) Will The Joker be wearing a purple suit ? 

5 minutes ago, LEGO_0801 said:

1) Is this set still releasing May 1st ?

2) Will the Batman minifig be the same as the one in the accessory pack #40453 ?

3) Will The Joker be wearing a purple suit ? 

1) As far as we know, the date hasn’t changed, so yes :classic:

2) No, it’ll be the new version of the ‘66 Batman that recently leaked.

3) Since the set is based on the ‘66 show, the Joker will mostly likely wear the dark pink suit 

1 hour ago, steveholt said:

Any news on a King Shark bigfig yet? Haha

No unfortunately we only have 3 regular sets coming this year and I would expect one new figure at best. Judging from how they handled Hakwgirl and Bronze Tiger, the new figure will either have no new molds and reuse an inaccurate piece, or simply aim for a design that requires no new molds. I see him as unlikely bc this theme is cheap and they rarely invests in new molds. Which is frustrating because it seems we get new batarang pieces often. 

what I really want is some big fig heroes. Marvel has Hulk and my brick built groot. I always notice with my DC display how all my heroes are figures and I want something to diversify that. I’d like a bigfig for Etrigan and Kilowog. I would like Swamp Thing but he should have brick built wings and legs and a specialized shoulder head pieces. Similar to Groot and Clayface. Not a big fig. But I want different silhouettes for my heroes. It’s why I love characters like bouncy boy (LoS).