Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't be if he wasn't so perfect.

Possibly the most true statement ever made on this forum

9 hours ago, hvader said:

Slightly off topic but am I the only person who wants remakes of Bane and Scarecrow? It feels like we haven’t gotten them in forever 

As others have said I think we need a big fig version of comic Bane. I’ll add to that, that Scarecrow has had 2 very satisfying figure releases and I think Lego did a great job with the Batcopter and TLBM versions of Scarecrow. But we also need green skin Poison Ivy, minifigure Clayface, Harley with the new pigtail piece from The Lego Movie, Deadshot with new helmet mold (reusable for Deathstroke). Also hope they add more JL members as side heroes for Batman stories like they did with Aquaman in the 2013 Mr. Freeze set. I’d like to see updated versions of Black Canary, Hawkgirl, and Green Arrow and I figure Batman sets are the way to get them. Also Batgirl with dual molded legs.

Its funny how even in Lego Batman there are still ways to innovate and Lego just keeps with the same roster of figures and their lack of printing. Like there are version of Batman villains and supporting characters we have yet to see, entire supporting characters and villains we haven’t seen at all yet, so many locations and even vehicles yet to be depicted. And somehow we get the same sets and figures every other year. We could get Ivy’s Rose Bud car from BTAS, Iceberg Lounge, Freeze’s lair, Ivy’s botanical gardens, Joker Ice Cream Factory hideout, etc. 

22 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Its funny how even in Lego Batman there are still ways to innovate and Lego just keeps with the same roster of figures and their lack of printing. Like there are version of Batman villains and supporting characters we have yet to see, entire supporting characters and villains we haven’t seen at all yet, so many locations and even vehicles yet to be depicted. And somehow we get the same sets and figures every other year. We could get Ivy’s Rose Bud car from BTAS, Iceberg Lounge, Freeze’s lair, Ivy’s botanical gardens, Joker Ice Cream Factory hideout, etc. 

Exactly this.Batman has such an expansive lore yet Lego keeps insisting on recycling the same crap again and again.

If we're talking about Batman villains, there are so many variants and actual characters we haven't got yet!

Minifig Clayface, green-skin Poison Ivy, bigfig comic Bane, Scarecrow that doesn't look like an actual scarecrow, proper blue and pink Harley Quinn, Joker who doesn't use vampire-hair, Deathstroke in a more realistic suit, and these are just from top of my head.

We also didn't get a lot of other villains, like Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist with Scarface, Black Mask, Hush, Firefly, Solomon Grundy or Victor Zsasz.

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Exactly this.Batman has such an expansive lore yet Lego keeps insisting on recycling the same crap again and again.

Because children are the target market!

5 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes, because children dont want new toys to play with

Bigfig Knightfall Bane and Arkham Knight Scarecrow would be a dream come true. 

there are so many Batman villains that LEGO never did. We need more variety 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

You misunderstood me.I'm well aware that Batman sells and since I'm a fan I have no issue with more Batman centric sets.

What I'm saying is that Batman has so many villains and allies yet many of them have yet to be made in Lego form.My issue is that Lego keeps using the same villains again and again without switching things up.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we're talking about Batman villains, there are so many variants and actual characters we haven't got yet!

Minifig Clayface, green-skin Poison Ivy, bigfig comic Bane, Scarecrow that doesn't look like an actual scarecrow, proper blue and pink Harley Quinn, Joker who doesn't use vampire-hair, Deathstroke in a more realistic suit, and these are just from top of my head.

We also didn't get a lot of other villains, like Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist with Scarface, Black Mask, Hush, Firefly, Solomon Grundy or Victor Zsasz.

You make alot of great points I'll add that there alot allies that haven't been introduced.

Like Cassandra Cain(Pre-52 Batgirl variant,Rebirth Orphan variant), Stephanie Brown (Spoiler variant, Batgirl variant),Barbara Gordon (plenty of other variations that haven't been introduced), Tim Drake etc..... 

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

It feels like lego is focusing less on children with dc with less of these sets and more collectors sets.

On a side note, since lego is so creatively bankrupt when it comes to making these comic based batman sets, I rather they just not make them in 2022 and instead make sets for gotham knights like how the sets for avengers and spiderman now are based on their games.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yes, because children dont want new toys to play with

I believe what Anonkee Muss was trying to say is, despite there still being a lot of creative room for newer builds and minifigures lego consistently releases the same stuff and the usual excuse for why the bar is so low is because its aimed at kids. What I take from that is a sarcastic nod to the tried and tired talking point that this theme is what it is because its all kids want. 

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

This theme is just Batwings/Batmobiles against Joker/Freeze/Riddler

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You forgot Anarchy, Lady Shiva, and Babydoll. I don’t mind Lego Batman sets, I just want to see new concepts, villains, and supporting characters in them. Lego Batman is not the problem, its how they approach it.

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

You misunderstood me.I'm well aware that Batman sells and since I'm a fan I have no issue with more Batman centric sets.

My bad. I understand and I totally agree!

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

You forgot Anarchy, Lady Shiva, and Babydoll. I don’t mind Lego Batman sets, I just want to see new concepts, villains, and supporting characters in them. Lego Batman is not the problem, its how they approach it.

Those 3 are nowhere near as popular as the ones I mentioned tbh.

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Firefly came out in the Batman vs Poison Ivy mech set a couple years back. But I agree the other villains definitely need to happen.

sh551.png

1 minute ago, wesker said:

a couple years back

WHAT ALREADY?

7 hours ago, cosmic said:

I just want to see new concepts, villains, and supporting characters

Tbh, our best chance to get new and obscure villains died when they canceled Lego Batman 2

Just opened The Batman vs Penguin vs Harley Quinn pack.  I love the idea on getting minifigures in minifigures pack and love the alternate face of Harley Quinn.  Sad there is no exclusive minifigures nor parts in this pack.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

WHAT ALREADY?

Tbh, our best chance to get new and obscure villains died when they canceled Lego Batman 2

Yes I agree time is flying fast that set felt like yesterday. Also I hate this line of thinking because as true as it may be, there is no reason why Lego can’t introduce new concepts in their standard DC sets. We shouldn’t need a big movie to get well printed figures and missing JL members. Ideally in a normal year we’d have some sprinkled in. 

1 hour ago, Pchan1983 said:

Just opened The Batman vs Penguin vs Harley Quinn pack.  I love the idea on getting minifigures in minifigures pack and love the alternate face of Harley Quinn.  Sad there is no exclusive minifigures nor parts in this pack.

The Batman minifig is exclusive.

For now anyways. I wonder if it'll show up in any future sets, the torso in particular. I know the dual molded legs will definitely stay exclusive though, Lego can't even remain consistent about giving Spider-Man dual molded legs in every set he appears in.

I find it kinda weird that lego stopped producing dc superhero girls sets since that franchise seems to be doing ok and I just found out it has a new game. I would think lego would want to capitalise on its popularity with kids but...

Not that I would buy the sets, unless they switched from minidolls to figures

Edited by thephantasm

7 hours ago, wesker said:

Firefly came out in the Batman vs Poison Ivy mech set a couple years back. But I agree the other villains definitely need to happen.

Oh boy! I totally forgot about that set :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I find it kinda weird that lego stopped producing dc superhero girls sets since that franchise seems to be doing ok and I just found out it has a new game. I would think lego would want to capitalise on its popularity with kids but...

Not that weird considering those sets sold very poorly.

14 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I find the comments attached to this video comical because the EXCLUSIVE Batman included in the pack is the only reason why most people want it lol

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I find the comments attached to this video comical because the EXCLUSIVE Batman included in the pack is the only reason why most people want it lol

I want it because I don't want to buy a 4+ set for a good Penguin or another Bat vehicle for (IMO) the best Harley Quinn figure