Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Yes, but Lego does advertise 'Adults welcome, 18 plus range', (war machine as ZS is calling it) but it would make more sense to release it under the DKR banner! That minifig selection would be nice!

That‘s not what the 18+ marketing ploy is for though :tongue: Sure, just because they haven‘t used the 18+ label as a justification for sets based on R-rated material before doesn‘t necessarily mean it‘s never going to happen, but I‘ll only believe when I see it. In my eyes, that‘s still next to impossible. 

5 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

Yes, but Lego does advertise 'Adults welcome, 18 plus range', (war machine as ZS is calling it) but it would make more sense to release it under the DKR banner! That minifig selection would be nice!

18+ sets are more advanced type of sets that wouldn't interest children, they are supposed to be fir AFOLs or mature Lego collectors. They don't have anything to do with mature IPs.

12 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

It is amazing that you said this a few days ago, because look at what Snyder revealed will be in his movie today. If Lego ever decided to make one set for the Snyder Cut, it'd 100% be this.

vtEcDge.png

Is this even gonna be a big part of the film? Even then theres basically a 0% chance for more sets based on snyder/whedons film(s) or disaster.

But a set for that would be epic

Edited by thephantasm

Hi, I almost never check this page so I'm not up to date and don't want to read the whole thread, are they doing anything for Zack Snyder's Justice League?

8 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

Hi, I almost never check this page so I'm not up to date and don't want to read the whole thread, are they doing anything for Zack Snyder's Justice League?

No, so far nothing to indicate they will.

6 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

No, so far nothing to indicate they will.

Ah that's a bummer. That's the only DC property I'm really interested in :/

16 minutes ago, Darkslayer said:

Consider the sets for the original movie sold really really bad. They won’t 

That is a very cool Batman figure. Can’t wait for the Joker. 

Slightly off topic but what are everyone’s thoughts on the Snyder Cut trailer? Personally I think it looks just okay. 

Edited by hvader

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

Slightly off topic but what are everyone’s thoughts on the Snyder Cut trailer? Personally I think it looks just okay. 

The trailer itself was fine, I'll watch the movie but I don't really have any expectations going in. 

As for Joker: he looks like a 5-year old ate a hamburger and his parents forgot to wipe the ketchup off his face....

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

Hate it. Hate this entire universe. Not sure what determines the quality of CGI, if its the amount of editors you hire or a software that ypu purchase but DC really needs to step the CGI game up. There’s no excuse for a 2020 movie to look this bad. Its all so forced and rushed, getting us to save a universe they did nothing to make us care for, packing so many origins into the original justice league and just rushing this universe does nothing but put a sour note in my mouth. It feels directionless, cheap, misunderstanding the audience and source material, rushed, low quality. The DC cinematic universe makes me so angry.

It’s too bad the 66 Batman doesn’t look as good as the version we got in the 66 batcave. It’s not bad but would’ve been better if they kept the dual molded legs. I also don’t love when Batman’s face looks pale white.

55 minutes ago, hvader said:

Wb execs paid someone to punch them in the face, then paid the guy to do it again.

Thanks snyder and wb execs and Geoff Johns, Patty Jenkins, Cathy Yan, David Ayer, Margot (for producing bop) and all you other guys for making dc the laughing stock it is today! You've somehow made dc less popular than before the dceu. Outstanding.

Oh and the 66 batman looks the same aside from the gut line

Edited by thephantasm

21 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

It’s too bad the 66 Batman doesn’t look as good as the version we got in the 66 batcave. It’s not bad but would’ve been better if they kept the dual molded legs. I also don’t love when Batman’s face looks pale white.

It doesn't bother me. I don't want those who spent so much money to buy that batcave to feel cheated

17 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

made dc less popular than before the dceu

True. I personally liked DC less after DCEU

15 minutes ago, hvader said:

It doesn't bother me. I don't want those who spent so much money to buy that batcave to feel cheated

True. I personally liked DC less after DCEU

I have the 66 batcave. It doesn’t bother me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Damn, really wish the TDKR bat tank would’ve made an appearance in the first version of JL. We probably would’ve gotten a set. :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Makes me feel empty inside. So much CGI it's blinding and there's just so little point to it. They add all these characters knowing full well there won't be anything else coming from it (or so I hope :tongue:). I'm glad for those who wanted it to become a reality (at least the subset of fans that DIDN'T behave like spoiled, entitled toddlers), but I myself am not excited for it in the slightest.

Btw, I wonder how they decided which New Gods to put in :laugh:

• Writer: "Hey Zack, do you want to add some of Darkseid's lackeys from the comics here?"
  • Synder: "Sure, as long as they're dark, evil, brooding, monstrous, brutal, bloodthirsty, and dark. This is a movie for adults."
  • Writer: "So Steppenwolf, Darkseid's Uncle, is obviously part of it..."
  • Snyder: "That's stupid by the way, it should be the other way round. Darkseid is Steppenwolf's uncle now. And he's a walking Swiss Army Knife of darkness."
  • Writer: "But... Never mind. Ok, here's a list I compiled. How about DeSaad?"
  • Snyder: "What's his deal?"
  • Writer: "He's a torturer and..."
  • Snyder: "HIRED!"
  • Writer: "Ok, next we have Virman Vundabar. He's obsessed with Prussian..."
  • Snyder: "Lame, next!"
  • Writer: "Then there's Granny Goodne..."
  • Snyder: "NEXT"
  • Writer: "But she despicably brainwashes orphans to do her bidding and..."
  • Synder: "I change my mind! You've had me at 'orphan'."
  • Writer: "Anyone else?"
  • Snyder: "Nah, they won't have any lines anyway and a screentime of roughly 3 femtoseconds in my 4 hour masterpiece, so tell the marketing to make sure they're in the trailer, okay? Also, start printing those Darkseid T-shirts and tell Jared to come here to shoot his scenes. I don't care if he's still auditioning for that The Crow remake."

I like the new Joker. I like that they are trying something new for the character (in the big screen I mean)

My biggest complaint of the trailer is the overabundance of CGI. I have a feeling the story will be just as bad as the theatrical JL.

At the very least, I hope we get a LEGO Darkseid again

Edited by hvader

Opinions on Snyder cut? 

personally I think it looks bad, more focussed then the whedon cut and clearly one vision which is good. 
however for some reason people swoon over zac Snyder and his work when you boil it down it’s visually unique but it’s just full of pseudointellectual garbage and 14 year old ‘deep’ lines. Idk I just think people think it’s a lot more then it really is. 
And the joker looks terrible. 

That’s just my opinion but would love to hear other peoples 

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Jared Leto said the Society line, this really shows how unaware of things Zack Snyder is.

the 2019 batcave is out of stock on the lego website, I hope it isn't retiring soon, it is one of the better CB batcaves that has released 

32 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

the 2019 batcave is out of stock on the lego website, I hope it isn't retiring soon, it is one of the better CB batcaves that has released 

It already retired quite a while ago I thought?

44 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Jared Leto said the Society line, this really shows how unaware of things Zack Snyder is.

Snyderverse feels like a group of fans who read some very edgy comics and believe that's what everything should be.