Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He looks like a character from a cheap horror movie.

Worse. He looks like a character from a creepypasta :laugh_hard:

39 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I hope they do a new mold for 66 Batman but I don't have my hopes high.

I'm not holding my breath either. A new mould would definitely be nice, but the old one is perfectly fine too :classic:

They have the perfect hairpiece for this Joker

The Lobo/Aquaman hair would be perfect

Looking closer at that Batman '66 torso image, I noticed that there's a cowl right next to it and it appears to be the same one as the one from the D2C Batcave with the short ears.

34 minutes ago, Do1633 said:

I actually hope the Batman '66 set is the Juniors one, since if it is the D2C it would be a Batman '89 Batmobile like set. I hope that is not the case, and instead we get a playset of some sort. 

Pretty sure the D2C is the ‘66 Batmobile, it’s the next logical step.

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I know certain people will love to jump on me for changing corse slightly but I for the longest time didn’t think they would do a batmobile for actual reasons but now all options are on the table 

42 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Calling it, its an UCS Bat Shark Repellent can

Take my damn money!!!

18 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I know certain people will love to jump on me for changing corse slightly but I for the longest time didn’t think they would do a batmobile for actual reasons but now all options are on the table 

I take this as, its likely a Bat-mobile. I was hoping it’d be a new Arkham because I want anything other than a vehicle. With Wayne Manor, Jokerland, Penguins Ice Lounge, Mr. Freeze’s lair, Ivy’s botanical gardens, there’s still plenty of Batman content to make. I’d hate to see it go to another batmobile, but with you saying all options are on the table who knows what we may be getting.

In some ways I kind of want them to make the 66 Batmobile because I really want to put this phase of DC sets behind us. I want to stop revisiting the 60’s and 80’s by making huge vehicles for shows or movies no one cares about anymore. If this does go to an Adam West or Tim Burton Batman property it finishes up whatever  content may be demanded for that so we can start focusing our D2C’s on interesting concepts. Do you guys think a Joker Land would sell well?  Not sure how the Joker Manor or 2015 Jokerland sold but I think if bulked out and built with good detail and a new area of joker gang figures, it would be popular. Also think other Gotham city locations would be of interest to audiences too.

9 minutes ago, cosmic said:

[...] for shows or movies no one cares about anymore. [...]

Don't underestimate these two properties, a lot of people still care about the Burton films and 60s show (and the TDK trilogy of course), at least far more than the Snyderverse, which will probably be quickly gone from public consciousness after the Synder Cut gets unleashed upon the world :tongue: Besides, the 60's Batcave and the Burtonmobile were both celebrating the anniversary of the respective property, so you can't really fault TLG for capitalising on that :wink:

27 minutes ago, cosmic said:

shows or movies no one cares about anymore

Implying Adam West isnt the best adaptation of Batman

I stand corrected the older Batman content has an audience. Still I feel at a loss of what even to say for this theme. Just tired of hoping the next year is better than the last. 

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm a huge fan of the 60s and 80s Batman. Bring on the TDKR tank! 

4339583-bat-tank%C5%BE.jpg

Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I really dont enjoy TDKR but the Bat tank would look so sick in lego form

You’d be surprised how much money there is older content. Sure Marvel is pulling in a lot more but it keeps me in pocket. I’m sticking with my original suggestion.

...I don't know why I was expecting the cowl to still have his mouth area as part of the build, but I guess that would make it look like you have Batman's head as a trophy.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't underestimate these two properties, a lot of people still care about the Burton films and 60s show (and the TDK trilogy of course), at least far more than the Snyderverse, which will probably be quickly gone from public consciousness after the Synder Cut gets unleashed upon the world :tongue: Besides, the 60's Batcave and the Burtonmobile were both celebrating the anniversary of the respective property, so you can't really fault TLG for capitalising on that :wink:

Pretty much. I'd take '66 over Snyderverse any day. The '66 batcave was my first ever LEGO set and what got me into LEGO to begin with