Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Since black adam was supposed to release in 2021 and theres no rumors of any sets delayed or even comic book batman sets, that implies that we won't get any figures from black adam right? Shame. I thought Dwayne's name alone would have guaranteed at least 1 figure.

Edited by thephantasm

3 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

Maybe we'll get the usual "standard" Batman set with the unexpected villain of Black Adam, kind of like how we got the Shazam figure.

But as mentioned in my previous post, there are no upcoming batman comic sets... usually lego releases movie sets 2 months before the film so...

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

When was the movie even supposed to come out?

March 4th, 2022. So the sets have a chance of coming out December 2021 or January 2022

So... Kingwong75, the crafty b*****d, has uploaded a new photo of a plain purple figure, but one might notice a new Adam West Batman 66 torso in the background

42 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So... Kingwong75, the crafty b*****d, has uploaded a new photo of a plain purple figure, but one might notice a new Adam West Batman 66 torso in the background

Is he a leaker? He's not a name I recognize but he's followed by a lot of other leakers :sceptic:

7 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Is he a leaker? He's not a name I recognize but he's followed by a lot of other leakers :sceptic:

Yes he is a leaked, he likes to post figures teases and such to get around lego potentially striking it 

7 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

He often vaguely hints or leaks stuff. His posts are a bit weird but he's got a reputation.

9 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Unless I'm wrong he was the first person to reveal Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider would be coming, and a few days ago he gave a tease of Batman 66

The torso looks pretty dope if you ask me. 

They're reusing the same head or is it a different colour?

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm sorry, I tagged you by accident and can't figure out how to delete this block

Edited by PGBQW

Yeah, he often hides leaked minifigs in the background (like the Molly and Arthur Weasley ones last year) or makes them unrecognisable in a way :head_back: His leaks never look like ones on first glance

Good gosh the comic batman / suicide squad sets must have sold terribly for dc to opt to just make 1 66 set instead of a the suicide squad set.

If lego wants to cash in on nostalgia with niche themes like 66 and 88, maybe btas or the dcau in general should have a shot.

Edited by thephantasm

10 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Good gosh the comic batman / suicide squad sets must have sold terribly for dc to opt to just make 1 66 set instead of a the suicide squad set.

The Suicide Squad is rated R.

11 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

If lego wants to cash in on nostalgia with niche themes like 66 and 88, maybe btas or the dcau in general should have a shot.

It‘s a 4+ set though, it‘s not supposed to cash in on nostalgia. The 66 show just involves more child-friendly versions of the characters, that‘s all :shrug_oh_well:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Suicide Squad is rated R.

Yeah I meant they could have done the batman sets with the squad like for the first movie

Gosh if young justice had caught on I could only imagine lego making sets for that show -appeals to kids + modern era looks

On 1/3/2021 at 11:35 AM, Mountain Drew said:

$130 for a flying tunnel with a Batmobile would be happy to explain why

Lego kinda didnt learn their lesson by making a really expensive big bat truck. I have a feeling adult collectors don't want obnoxiously large generic vehicles and kids can't afford to have many large sets so they choose what they want carefully too.

Edited by thephantasm

Off-topic but I just saw the new Snydercut version of Joker, never thought it could possibly be worse than the SS Joker but here we are....

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Off-topic but I just saw the new Snydercut version of Joker, never thought it could possibly be worse than the SS Joker but here we are....

Why have they recast Joker with Marilyn Manson? :snicker: It‘s as if someone saw SS Joker and JL Steppenwolf and said „these two don‘t look nearly bad enough, suck all colour out of them and enhance their edgelordiness by 5000%“ :tongue:

This is going to be an absolute trainwreck :laugh_hard: And DC fans wonder why people prefer the MCU 

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

At least the Damaged tattoo is gone?

7 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah instead he looks like this :grin:

I'll take anything over David Ayer deciding to give him a cursive tattoo on his forehead that states how crazy he is.

I like Leto's new look much better than the SS look so I'm game. He's also going to be in the knightmare and the Joker card on Batman's gun is going to be explained. I'm excited.

I hope they do a new mold for 66 Batman but I don't have my hopes high.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I kind of like his face (it seems to be white with the dumb "damaged" tattoo gone), but that looks horrible. He looks like a character from a cheap horror movie.