Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Okay, let's say the D2C is actually West's Batmobile.

Even in that case, anyone else thinks its weird they're doing a +4 set of the tv series?

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Okay, let's say the D2C is actually West's Batmobile.

Even in that case, anyone else thinks its weird they're doing a +4 set of the tv series?

I don’t like or buy 4+ sets but I do like that they are branching out.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Not really. I highly doubt the 60’s show has an avid fanbase among today’s 5-year olds, but that‘s in no way necessary :laugh: The show’s versions of Batman and Joker are instantly recognisable as such, even to a preschooler. In fact, they may be more appropriate for the target audience of these sets compared to other versions they‘ve depicted in previous 4+ or Duplo sets :grin:

I just really want another set with Christian Bale’s Batman and Heath Ledger’s Joker

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I just really want another set with Christian Bale’s Batman and Heath Ledger’s Joker

+4 set of the Hospital scene

If we look at the different sub-themes we have in the Batman line:

1. The Comic Book Logo - majority of sets (maybe the rumoured Logo set cross between art and technic will get this design) 
  2. The 89 Series - currently at 3 (hoping the bust is 89 and the big set, at the end of the year is a micro scale version of the bat cave and Wayne manor) 
  3. The Dark Knight Trilogy - about 7 sets (many more sets can be released here) 
  4. The 66 Series - 1 and potentially another 4plus (if so, will it have the 66 logo on the packaging) (hoping for new versions of the figures) 
  5. The Arkham series - 1 x set (so much more potentially through out the games, with set location, character designs and bat-vehicles)

How incredibly disappointing that we are getting another oversized Bat- vehicle. I am the only DC fan that wants a Hall of Justice or a Titans Tower or a WatchTower or a Hall of Doom? You mean to tell me the vast majority of fans would prefer an oversized vehicle based on a film that was released ages ago over a large playset with tons of new figures? How am I the only person disappointed in this theme! This theme has gone to the bricked holy cow this theme is sooooooo bad. Its so unbelievably bad all we get is vehicles that aren’t to scale and 1 new figure a year, a figure with no leg printing at that!! 

AAFGHHHH i want to scream holy cow this theme is so bad I couldn’t imagine agreeing even a little with the direction Lego has taken this theme in. People keep saying “well vehicles sell”, but Ninjgo and Star Wars get structures for builds all the time literally no DC fan but me would want a large playset? With 17 new figures like Ninjago does? You mean to tell me a large Batmobile thats out of scale based on a movie from the 80’s with 1 (not even 2) new figures is more desirable than a large playset with tons of leaguers? Literally why the heck I’m not sure if I should scream at Lego or the kids who consume the crap they pump out. I hate this theme! And I hate that I had the most enthusiasm for this theme than any other theme that was announced in my lifetime. Ahhhh I’m so angry come on this is my favorite License why must i be handled so poorly. 

rant over I really wish Lego did something new with this theme.

40 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I am the only DC fan that wants a Hall of Justice or a Titans Tower or a WatchTower or a Hall of Doom? You mean to tell me the vast majority of fans would prefer an oversized vehicle based on a film that was released ages ago over a large playset with tons of new figures? How am I the only person disappointed in this theme! This theme has gone to the bricked holy cow this theme is sooooooo bad. Its so unbelievably bad all we get is vehicles that aren’t to scale and 1 new figure a year, a figure with no leg printing at that!! 

No you're not the only one who thinks this, you're just the only one who hasn't accepted it yet and moved on.

On 2/4/2021 at 6:28 PM, PGBQW said:

+4 set of the Hospital scene

I like the way you’re thinking :laugh_hard:

49 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You mean to tell me the vast majority of fans would prefer an oversized vehicle based on a film that was released ages ago over a large playset with tons of new figures?

I know I would, simply because I prefer the film adaptations over the source material :shrug_oh_well: Don’t get me wrong, I definitely wouldn’t mind a movie-based playset, but the DCEU has failed to give us anything viable in that regard, so vehicles from the Burton-era it is :laugh:

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

No you're not the only one who thinks this, you're just the only one who hasn't accepted it yet and moved on.

I’m still going to comment on it. Buddy if I want to vocalize disappointment  I will. You’re not a mod and you’re constant attempts to be rude over comments you dislike is annoying and I’m more than happy to settle this by other means or through PM but if you got a problem your better off going to me about it over these passive aggressive comments. I’ll comment what I want and if  a new piece of news drops (a new Batman D2C in the summer) that is equally disappointing as the other news for this theme I will express my disappointment as I see fit.

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’m still going to comment on it. Buddy if I want to vocalize disappointment  I will. You’re not a mod and you’re constant attempts to be rude over comments you dislike is annoying and I’m more than happy to settle this by other means or through PM but if you got a problem your better off going to me about it over these passive aggressive comments. I’ll comment what I want and if  a new piece of news drops (a new Batman D2C in the summer) that is equally disappointing as the other news for this theme I will express my disappointment as I see fit.

I totally agree, after all that is the point of this forum

At this point I’ve just given up on the LEGO DC theme. It can’t disappoint me anymore because I have no expectations left haha. 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

rant over I really wish Lego did something new with this theme.

I agree. All the repetitive Batman builds make me not want to buy any DC sets. Unfortunately DC is not really popular to mainstream audiences these days. I would love to see Justice League sets again

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

I totally agree, after all that is the point of this forum

It’s like, sue me for having some type of hope that Lego would throw us a bone at least once. Yes it’s delusional at this point but I had hope Lego would try and do a little something to spice up this theme. 

call me crazy but I had hope and in some ways still do that Lego would do more for DC than just Bat-Man a vehicle at least once. Even on the topic of Batman, we can get a Wayne manor, Jokerland, Penguins Ice Parlor, Ivy’s botanical gardens, Ace Chemicals or a joker hideout at a toy factory or ice cream manufacturer. Why must it always be a batvehicle? And if we’re going to get repetitive figures they could still add more printing.

this theme sucks from all angles and I consistently wait to see if Lego improves at least one of those things with each wave that releases. Maybe this time we’ll get better printing, more new figs, a refreshing build, there’s so much lacking I hate being scolded for expressing disappointment in Lego’s inability to fix at least one of the many flaws in how DC sets are currently produced.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

I am the only DC fan that wants a Hall of Justice or a Titans Tower or a WatchTower or a Hall of Doom?

Damn, never heard anyone saying that, I think you might be onto something.

The reality is (and always has been) that far more people watch the adaptations than read the comics. It sucks, but it's the way it is. And when you're talking about DC in particular, where the modern movies have a somewhat dubious reputation and are very hit or miss in terms of reception, the idea that Lego would rather focus on an extremely popular older Batman film over something from the comics with less broad appeal isn't very surprising. Or at least not to me at least.

2 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

the idea that Lego would rather focus on an extremely popular older Batman film over something from the comics with less broad appeal isn't very surprising. Or at least not to me at least.

I get what you're saying, but one would think that if lego wanted to makes sets of an older Batman series it would be TDK and not a 55 year old show.

Like dont get me wrong, I'd take West over any other Batmen every single day, but I can't see how the 66's show is still relevant enough today.

4 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Does anyone know if the dc cmf series sold well enough for a series 2

As far as I know it sold well. But did it sell well enough for a Series 2? We'll have to wait and see :shrug_oh_well: I do hope it did as it was a pretty solid series, despite having some mediocre figures.

6 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Does anyone know if the dc cmf series sold well enough for a series 2

It’s the only modern CMF I have seen Amazon blowing out at 40% (60%?) off by the case. Either over produced, or a dud in the US.  Going with dud. 

anyone else wondering if they are going to make a new mold for Batman's mask for "The Batman" sets? no mask piece for him that we already have really matches how he looks in the movie 

1 hour ago, TOTDForever said:

anyone else wondering if they are going to make a new mold for Batman's mask for "The Batman" sets? no mask piece for him that we already have really matches how he looks in the movie 

Maybe West Batman gets a new mold that can get reused for Pattinson

Also, since Ninjago, Star Wars and Harry Potter are getting anniversary minifigures, what are the chances of Lego Batman getting them too in the future?

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Maybe West Batman gets a new mold that can get reused for Pattinson

Also, since Ninjago, Star Wars and Harry Potter are getting anniversary minifigures, what are the chances of Lego Batman getting them too in the future?

I’d say there’s a good chance of that. Lego knows that these special anniversary sets/minifigures draw people in, so I imagine we’ll get something once DC passes a certain threshold. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego does something for Marvel next year. It’s the ten year anniversary of the first Avengers film as well as Lego Marvel Super Heroes in general.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

I’d say there’s a good chance of that. Lego knows that these special anniversary sets/minifigures draw people in, so I imagine we’ll get something once DC passes a certain threshold. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t be surprised if Lego does something for Marvel next year. It’s the ten year anniversary of the first Avengers film as well as Lego Marvel Super Heroes in general.

And technically the 20th anniversary of the first time Lego made a licensed superhero minifigure with the Raimi Spider-Man sets for Lego Studios. As for DC, I don't know if they'd also do it next year since the Marvel and DC Super Heroes themes both launched in the same year, or wait till 2026 when it'll be 20 years since the original Lego Batman theme.

Even if they produce anniversary sets, I'm guessing we will just get golden batman, robin and joker instead of golden superman and wonder woman- so I'm not that excited

10 hours ago, KevinMD said:

It’s the only modern CMF I have seen Amazon blowing out at 40% (60%?) off by the case. Either over produced, or a dud in the US.  Going with dud. 

I do see them on sale but not as much as the lego batman movie ones. I do think it sold less well than disney and harry potter but then again I don't really pay attention to sales of cmfs

12 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Even if they produce anniversary sets, I'm guessing we will just get golden batman, robin and joker instead of golden superman and wonder woman- so I'm not that excited

I do see them on sale but not as much as the lego batman movie ones. I do think it sold less well than disney and harry potter but then again I don't really pay attention to sales of cmfs

If you guys read previous comments on this thread, you will see the CMF DC series sold well. 

10 hours ago, KevinMD said:

You're comments are the only duds here mate!

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As far as I know it sold well. But did it sell well enough for a Series 2? We'll have to wait and see :shrug_oh_well: I do hope it did as it was a pretty solid series, despite having some mediocre figures.

There was talk on the thread a while back, that we might see something in 2022, due to Lego's release planning activities. But I guess Marvel is getting all the attention now!