Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I suppose you're right. Filming ends in March too. Also I really hope that $70 set is a batcave, if it is then I will buy it immediately lol

Yeah, I suppose the $15 set is Batcycle, $40 is Batmobile and $70 is (most likely) Batcave.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, I suppose the $15 set is Batcycle, $40 is Batmobile and $70 is (most likely) Batcave.

those are all safe bets. I hope the Bruce Wayne figure (assuming he comes in this wave) has the Lego Batman movie Bruce Wayne hair piece but in brown, i think that would look the most like Battinson's hair style shown in the trailers

It’s nice to see them basically confirmed with the amount of people who commented there won’t be sets based on the movie because “it will be rated r”

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It’s nice to see them basically confirmed with the amount of people who commented there won’t be sets based on the movie because “it will be rated r”

I agree, like it shouldn't have been an argument lol

The people who thought that are kidding themselves. There was no way WB was gonna release an R-rated Batman movie. Joker got away with an R-rating because it was low budget (by the standards of a superhero movie) and had no merchandise they needed to worry about moving. 

I guess The Batman is getting a polybag with a potential August release. Makes me hope the sets will release this year (yes the polybag most likely won't have figs but I doubt the sets will spoil the movie that much)

Not related to any rumors but I wanted to comment on something. The Disney Princess Theme has started to receive new types of sets with tiny versions of mini dolls. Almost like microdolls. They come in these pop up story book sets. Anyhow, the small shapes of the bodies, the silhouettes of the dresses and the oval shaped faces make these micro minidolls perfect representations of the Guardians of the Universe from the Lantern mythos. Should we ever get Green Lantern sets their bodies are perfect matches.

kind of disappointed that the $200 set is for Batman but also not surprised. I’m slightly optimistic if its a new Arkham but we’ll probably get no new characters. The newer renditions of pre existing figures will most likely lack detail. I’m preparing for it to be another oversized bat vehicle. 

The only ways a large Batman set can really excite me is if its the fairgrounds for Joker (more detailed and bulkier structures compared to the 2015 set with Starfire and Beast Boy, a large Penguin Lounge with an ice rink and all, or a Wayne Manor with new figures like Anarchy or Lady Shiva. Fingers crossed characters who desperately need leg printing receive it (looking at you Batgirl and Batwoman), we get more than just 1 new fig, and its not some giant vehicle that doesn’t even exist in cannon.

That’s all this theme is anymore, oversized vehicles with a repetitive character roster and poor quality of print. 

9 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I guess The Batman is getting a polybag with a potential August release. Makes me hope the sets will release this year (yes the polybag most likely won't have figs but I doubt the sets will spoil the movie that much)

The August release date of the polybag (and presumably the sets) was attached to the October release rate of the movie. Now that it releases in March 2022, the release date definitely changed to January 2022.

Good ol’ trickster Kingwong75 has posted an innocent-looking picture of the 60’s Batman and Robin on IG. Given his fondness for cryptic posts, this could hint at the vehicle this year’s D2C set will depict :grin: If this ends up being the case, I hope for at least one new character that wasn’t already included in the 60’s batcave. Pretty tricky though

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good ol’ trickster Kingwong75 has posted an innocent-looking picture of the 60’s Batman and Robin on IG. Given his fondness for cryptic posts, this could hint at the vehicle this year’s D2C set will depict :grin: If this ends up being the case, I hope for at least one new character that wasn’t already included in the 60’s batcave. Pretty tricky though

I saw that post as well and I wouldn't mind a '66 Batmobile. I'm not sure what unique minifigure they could bring in to this set. I just watched all the 66' Batman tv series recently and I think they've touched on most of the characters in some LEGO form. Heck, we even have Egghead and King Tut as minifigures. Either way, I don't mind if we get more Adam West and Burt Ward minifigs. :grin:

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm not sure what unique minifigure they could bring in to this set.

Good point, TLBM did indeed fill some of the few remaining gaps. I have another idea though: Seeing how the ‘no new minifig moulds in D2C sets’ has been lifted since the 60’s batcave, they could introduce a new cowl mould for AdamWest!Batsy :sweet: I’d be happy with that as well

Ha, also just re-watched the series. There have been a few minififures I've been hoping for, so fingers crossed.

I'd love Siren, Louie the Lilac, Minerva, Olga, Clock King, Mad Hatter, False Face, Bookworm or Shame. The ones I'd like to see most are Siren, Louie the Lilac, Madhatter, False Face and Clock King. There are probably another dozen that haven't appeared in minifigure form yet. 

I also thought it was going to be a D2C UCS Adam West batmobile, but it seems the current leak is a 4+ $30 set of West Bats vs Joker. Curious to see what the builds are!

5 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I saw that post as well and I wouldn't mind a '66 Batmobile. I'm not sure what unique minifigure they could bring in to this set. I just watched all the 66' Batman tv series recently and I think they've touched on most of the characters in some LEGO form. Heck, we even have Egghead and King Tut as minifigures. Either way, I don't mind if we get more Adam West and Burt Ward minifigs. :grin:

What about Batgirl? We've had figures of her before but never one based specifically on the 60's TV series.

2 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I also thought it was going to be a D2C UCS Adam West batmobile, but it seems the current leak is a 4+ $30 set of West Bats vs Joker. Curious to see what the builds are!

That possibility didn‘t even cross my mind :oh: Well, that would certainly explain why we get another Batsy vs Joker set this soon after the last one :shrug_oh_well: A new cowl mould is out of the question then. Probably won‘t be anything to write home about, but it‘s to see some variety in the 4+ sets 

3 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

This still doesn't rule out the 1966 Batmobile as a D2C

3 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I hope we get that, it would be cool to get some more 66 builds/figures. Seems odd that a set based on a 50+ year old TV show would be 4+, though.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

This still doesn't rule out the 1966 Batmobile as a D2C

Pretty sure FalconFan said it wasnt a Batmobile

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Pretty sure FalconFan said it wasnt a Batmobile

Well I didn’t think it would be a batmobile due to something else but you never know

5 hours ago, wesker said:

What about Batgirl? We've had figures of her before but never one based specifically on the 60's TV series.

Touché and excellent choice!

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well I didn’t think it would be a batmobile due to something else but you never know

Just curious and not trying to offend, I’ve been on here a bit but don’t comment often. As many are aware, you seem to have the scoop into upcoming sets but only leave subtle hints. Why not just come right out instead of beating around the bush? Could the LEGO internet police find you easy if you give too much information or do you just enjoy playing the Riddler role in this forum? :wink:

A potential 60s Batman set is really exciting! I think if they wanted to do Eartha Kitt’s Catwoman they could use Mia’s hair + the new cat ears hair accessory from Friends. :) 

I have theory on 76240 the 18+ Batman set for $200... We have seen kingwong75 hint at 1966 Batman and we have the 4+ rumour but there could be more than that. In the past few years in November we have always seen a "licensed veichle" like the 1989 Batmobile or Ecto-1 and around that $200 price point. This could well be the 1966 Batmobile for $200 in similar scale to the Ecto-1 and would be really cool and if Lego are foccusing on that film now rather than the 1989 one it would make sense.... Like I said just a thought but who knows

I'm still betting on the $200 set being the Batman Returns Bat-Ski Boat.  It's not a Batmobile, and it would fit in with the two vehicles we got for the 1989 movie, plus it could include the obvious lineup of Batman, Penguin, and Catwoman for its three minifigures.

5 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Just curious and not trying to offend, I’ve been on here a bit but don’t comment often. As many are aware, you seem to have the scoop into upcoming sets but only leave subtle hints. Why not just come right out instead of beating around the bush? Could the LEGO internet police find you easy if you give too much information or do you just enjoy playing the Riddler role in this forum? :wink:

This. And it's not just us but our sources as well.