Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm betting the $200 summer 2021 set is either zack snyder or matt reeves batmobile or the bat from dark knight rises

No way lego does a modular style hall of justice for only 200 usd- They made sets for the justice league comics and movie but proceeded to discontinue them quickly

They have found a niche with the 1989 batmobile and batwing and they are not done exploiting it

Edited by thephantasm

10 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

I'm betting the $200 summer 2021 set is either zack snyder or matt reeves batmobile or the bat from dark knight rises

No way lego does a modular style hall of justice for only 200 usd- They made sets for the justice league comics and movie but proceeded to discontinue them quickly

They have found a niche with the 1989 batmobile and batwing and they are not done exploiting it

For reasons I don’t think we will be getting the $200 set as a batmobile 

Good lord I am once again reminded of how low the bar is for this theme. Whether its printing, build, ratio of new figures introduced, detailed printing, original use in pieces, actual build or whatever the case may be, DC is just slacking. If it’s not an oversized vehicle with a few figures I will enjoy that.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Good lord I am once again reminded of how low the bar is for this theme. Whether its printing, build, ratio of new figures introduced, detailed printing, original use in pieces, actual build or whatever the case may be, DC is just slacking. If it’s not an oversized vehicle with a few figures I will enjoy that.

If falconfan implies its not a vehicle... fingers crossed its not wayne manor

They haven't done an Arkham Asylum in a little while, and those do tend to come around every couple of years.  Are we going to get another retooled Arkham?  I think 200 bucks would be around the correct price range, compared to the previous iterations.

3 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

They haven't done an Arkham Asylum in a little while, and those do tend to come around every couple of years.  Are we going to get another retooled Arkham?  I think 200 bucks would be around the correct price range, compared to the previous iterations.

Sounds realistic, gosh danggit enough batman sets already

6 hours ago, thephantasm said:

If falconfan implies its not a vehicle... fingers crossed its not wayne manor

That’s not what I said...I said I have reason to believe it’s not a batmobile...

Edited by Falconfan1414

49 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That’s not what I said...I said I have reason to believe it’s not a batmobile...

maybe by that logic it is Wonder Woman's invisible jet, the Bat-Ski jet from Batman Returns, The Justice League...jet....thing that I assume they have (can you tell I'm only a batman fan?) I can see it being one of those things.

Worst case scenario it is the Bat-Pod/Bat Motorcycle from the comics/TDK

20 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

maybe by that logic it is Wonder Woman's invisible jet, the Bat-Ski jet from Batman Returns, The Justice League...jet....thing that I assume they have (can you tell I'm only a batman fan?) I can see it being one of those things.

They made a Bat-Pod as a ridiculously hard to find exclusive that immediately translated into a ridiculously expensive on the secondary market set. 
I’ll go all in on a two way split for a 1966 Batmobile or a Jokermobile.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

They made a Bat-Pod as a ridiculously hard to find exclusive that immediately translated into a ridiculously expensive on the secondary market set. 

Falconfan just said he believes it isn't a batmobile 

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I doubt very much of LEGO making a $200 Jokermobile set when they haven't made a $25 version of it. 

7 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

I'd personally love it to be the Bat-Ski from Batman Returns to round out the Batmobile and Batwing sets, that'd be a nice addition.  I don't know though...I feel like that's a much less well known/liked vehicle.  I remember working in a comic/toy shop around the time that Batman Returns came out.  We had a lot of merchandise on sale for the film, and the Kenner Batskiboat was a real shelf-warmer.  They really weren't selling, we ended up putting them on massive discount.  I wonder if LEGO would think that was a really marketable set.  Maybe things have changed since 1992 too....

IF it's a non-batmobile vehicle  then I guess it would either be

Bat from tdk 

Batwing  from bvs (bizzare if so, not as iconic as bvs batmobile)

Bat-ski as scottypavarotti mentioned, just to round out the collection

I don't think lego would dare charge $200 for an invisible jet that I imagine only hardcore wonder woman fans would buy

Looking at how lego wanted to scale the ucs batmobile, batwing and tumbler, I also doubt they would upscale the batpod for a $200 pricetag

Edited by thephantasm

On 1/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

I doubt very much of LEGO making a $200 Jokermobile set when they haven't made a $25 version of it. 

That didn’t stop a Helicarrier being made before a minifigure scale one. I would however be happy with a large scale TDKR Bat. If it’s another Arkham I’d be interested if the roster is good. If it turns into a rehash of the usual gallery I’d pass. A GCPD would tempt me. It would surprise me if it’s not Batman themed, so I’ll reserve any deeper cuts into the DCU for now. For now I’ll stick with my original guesses, as that’s all they are.

The Batman Accessory Pack is FINALLY available in North America, for both Canada and the U.S. I already put down my order for 4 of them, thankfully that weird 3 week delay from its original release date is over now.

On good note, at this point it's basically confirmed that The Batman sets are 76179 ($15), 76181 ($40) and 76182 ($70).

All the set numbers for this year's Marvel sets leaked, and none of them include those 3 sets.

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Why can't lego just make limited release dc comics sets... better than what we're getting (basically nothing)

What does this even mean

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On good note, at this point it's basically confirmed that The Batman sets are 76179 ($15), 76181 ($40) and 76182 ($70).

All the set numbers for this year's Marvel sets leaked, and none of them include those 3 sets.

shame we won't see them this year :,(

23 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

shame we won't see them this year :,(

Won't we? I don't think The Batman will be delayed any further - it's far enough for them to not only perfectly finish the movie, but the vaccine will be working by the end of the year.

That means the sets are coming on Jaunary 1st 2022, which means that: we will see those sets (official pictures, leaked or not) near the end of the year, in like November - leaked pictures can come sooner; as for the info, we will probably learn it much sooner than that.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Won't we? I don't think The Batman will be delayed any further - it's far enough for them to not only perfectly finish the movie, but the vaccine will be working by the end of the year.

That means the sets are coming on Jaunary 1st 2022, which means that: we will see those sets (official pictures, leaked or not) near the end of the year, in like November - leaked pictures can come sooner; as for the info, we will probably learn it much sooner than that.

I suppose you're right. Filming ends in March too. Also I really hope that $70 set is a batcave, if it is then I will buy it immediately lol