Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

37 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

LEGO usually releases sets based on movies 3 months before the film release so you can expect 1st January. Maybe October or November but I am doubtful.

Well starting with eternals lego seems to be scrapping that idea

6 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I hate being that "akshully" guy but the images on those bottles are just placeholders. The Bat symbol on the bottle is the Hush logo and the "Riddler" is just a reuse of some Hugo Strange artwork instead of how Riddler actually looks with his mask in the movie.

Wow, good catch. You're right, the image appears to be this one of Hugo Strange and the bat symbol is way off.

450?cb=20080528010425

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well starting with eternals lego seems to be scrapping that idea

better for us lol, does that mean we can get these earlier?

I think the $200 set is going to be based off Kingdom Come. Here's my reasoning:

- We got live action adaptations of both Kingdom Come Superman and KIngdom Come Batman last year on the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths
- We got a brand new Jay Garrick helmet mould in 2020.
- This yearlines up as the 25th anniversary of the comic being released.
- We know from past comic cons that Alex Ross has been actively trying to get a Kingdom Come set greenlit.

Do054fSUUAEMCmX.jpg

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I really hope that it's not.

Edited by Brick Cucumber

10 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I think the $200 set is going to be based off Kingdom Come. Here's my reasoning:

- We got live action adaptations of both Kingdom Come Superman and KIngdom Come Batman last year on the CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths
- We got a brand new Jay Garrick helmet mould in 2020.
- This yearlines up as the 25th anniversary of the comic being released.
- We know from past comic cons that Alex Ross has been actively trying to get a Kingdom Come set greenlit.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I really hope that it's not.

I really like that moc, it looks like something lego would actually make. I wonder how they would stretch out the piece count to make it $200

17 hours ago, mgetz said:

I wonder if we will get any sets loosely based on The Suicide Squad under the label of batman like they did with the killer croc set and harley quinn/deadshot set back in 2016. I would love a Bloodsport, King Shark, Peacemaker, Rick Flag minifigures.

Or the rarest of occasions where they provide a minifigure with a limb detached for the Arm-Fall-Off Guy analogue. Seriously anything other than just Batman. 

10 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

better for us lol, does that mean we can get these earlier?

Quite the opposite...eternal sets were originally supposed to release in October. A month before the movie 

Edited by Falconfan1414

13 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Quite the opposite...eternal sets were originally supposed to release in October. A month before the movie 

RIP 

wait so the release date for the Eternals sets isn't October now? I thought the original set release was earlier in the year?

Edited by TOTDForever

25 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

RIP 

wait so the release date for the Eternals sets isn't October now? I thought the original set release was earlier in the year?

Originally it was October 2020 when the movie was November 2020. Then when the movie was moved to February, the sets were going to release in January 2021 but because the movie moved the sets will too

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Originally it was October 2020 when the movie was November 2020. Then when the movie was moved to February, the sets were going to release in January 2021 but because the movie moved the sets will too

ohhhh okay, so movie in November 2021, sets in October 2021?

Edited by TOTDForever

Totally random, but after reading some of the Future State issues and then thumbing through the minifigure collection, I noticed that the DK Books Wonder Woman Minifigure makes a pretty decent Yara Flor Wonder Woman, for anyone who has that minifigure lying around collecting dust like I did :)

LEGO-DC-Super-Heroes-The-Awesome-Guide-P1fc931782572c4492a9e26e1e1e1ee4f6d6891a7

So Godzilla vs King Kong got pushed up and is releasing earlier than originally stated (originally release was May but now it is coming out in March). It is getting the Wonder Woman 1984 treatment of having a theatrical and HBO Max release

This means that WB will think about doing this for their other movies like The Batman, and it also may mean the sets will come out earlier as a result. I hope they release both early, just something to now keep in mind 

Edited by TOTDForever

11 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

So Godzilla vs King Kong got pushed up and is releasing earlier than originally stated (originally release was May but now it is coming out in March). It is getting the Wonder Woman 1984 treatment of having a theatrical and HBO Max release

This means that WB will think about doing this for their other movies like The Batman, and it also may mean the sets will come out earlier as a result. I hope they release both early, just something to now keep in mind 

They won't think about making this for Tye Batman, the reason being - they will lose A LOT of money by pushing Godzilla vs. Kong forward. They would lose money in May, but now it's certain that they'll lose money.

The Batman would easily be a 1B movie, so they'll wait until they can achieve it. The Batman is not a type of movie you can put as a hybrid release.

Therefore, the sets will come January 1st 2022 at earliest.

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Batman would easily be a 1B movie, so they'll wait until they can achieve it. The Batman is not a type of movie you can put as a hybrid release.

They won't keep delaying the movie untill 1B can be achieved. The whole movie industry got turned on it's head, it'll be years before another movie reaches the 1B line.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They won't think about making this for Tye Batman, the reason being - they will lose A LOT of money by pushing Godzilla vs. Kong forward. They would lose money in May, but now it's certain that they'll lose money.

Therefore, the sets will come January 1st 2022 at earliest.

if Godzilla vs Kong does well enough like WW84 then maybe it could happen for The Batman as well. 

I do agree with you that as of now the earliest the sets may come out is January 2022

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They won't keep delaying the movie untill 1B can be achieved. The whole movie industry got turned on it's head, it'll be years before another movie reaches the 1B line.

Oh I didn't mean they'll keep delaying it, I meant that it definitely won't be pushed to 2021 and it DEFINITELY won't have a hybrid release date.

And I don't know about that 1B line, it's just too hard to predict anything right now. 

12 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

if Godzilla vs Kong does well enough like WW84 then maybe it could happen for The Batman as well. 

I do agree with you that as of now the earliest the sets may come out is January 2022

WW84 didn't do "well enough" - it will lose money. 

https://thedirect.com/article/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-1984-lose-money-box-office-analysts#:~:text=Deadline reported that financial analysts,%2C it will lose money.”

4 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Ok so excluding the minifig pack,the Bat cowl,the 4+ plus set we're left with two sets one being a D2C.That's very poor givings even for DC.

Yes, but at least we are getting the Bat Cowl, the art set, the minifig pack, the 4+ set, and a third D2C in as many years in addition to those two sets. I realize that it doesn't seem fair compared to the glut of product for the likes of Marvel and Star Wars, but at least we are getting something. It could always be worse :sweet:

Edited by The Pearson

To be honest with you I'd rather have a few different sets (helmet, D2C, 4+ etc.) than another wave of pointless and repetitive Batman sets with yet another vehicle and yet another slightly update villain.

2 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Yes, but at least we are getting the Bat Cowl, the art set, the minifig pack, the 4+ set, and a third D2C in as many years in addition to those two sets. I realize that it doesn't seem fair compared to the glut of product for the likes of Marvel and Star Wars, but at least we are getting something. It could always be worse :sweet:

Art set? Who said this?

Is it an Art number as opposed to Batman number?

Do we have a price range for the bat cowl yet? I'm actually really excited for that set. I hope it's like the Boba Fett, Tie Pilot and Stormie helmets.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Did the Batman/DC magazine with Shazam figure ever get spotted in the wild? Please tell me I didn’t miss it ...

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Did the Batman/DC magazine with Shazam figure ever get spotted in the wild? Please tell me I didn’t miss it ...

That one has come and gone about a month ago

10 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Do we have a price range for the bat cowl yet? I'm actually really excited for that set. I hope it's like the Boba Fett, Tie Pilot and Stormie helmets.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same price.

11 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

$60, 410 pieces.