Captain Nemo

DC Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I would think we sound get some sort of regular Batman comic wave for the 2nd half of this year. 

The Batman movie sets should push into early 2022. 

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm fairly certain that was the 2015 wave, which got rushed because BvS got delayed.

You're telling me that THE best LEGO DC wave of all time was rushed?? I long for another wave like this!

42 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

You're telling me that THE best LEGO DC wave of all time was rushed?? I long for another wave like this!

I’d say it was fast-tracked, “rushed” has negative connotations to it :laugh: I have no source on this or anything, but I think they swapped two waves rather than making the JL wave up on the spot. Creating new moulds like the one for Darkseid takes a lot of time, so I assume the JL wave was at least in early conceptual stages by the time BvS got delayed

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Look like we are getting a big 18+ dc set in 2021. 76240 and looks to be over $200

I want to be excited but its probably another oversized vehicle with a few figures no one even asked for. This isn’t the mystery D2C is it? Marvel should get a D2C DC’s are almost always solid passes.

Two sets confirmed, but the set numbers are really weird... 

You see, none of other 2021 Super Heroes set come to 762xx set number, they are in 7619x territory at their highest. And now it's suddenly 76240? Weird.

Feels like these sets might have been rushed (and I mean it) as a way to not disappoint DC fans (The Batman sets were definitely going to be a huge part of this year's DC lineup).

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Two sets confirmed, but the set numbers are really weird... 

You see, none of other 2021 Super Heroes set come to 762xx set number, they are in 7619x territory at their highest. And now it's suddenly 76240? Weird.

Feels like these sets might have been rushed (and I mean it) as a way to not disappoint DC fans (The Batman sets were definitely going to be a huge part of this year's DC lineup).

Could be the other potential numbers are reserved for the Batman sets. (Though this is pure speculation on my part as I don't really know too much about numbers that are out there etc.)

Can't get too excited or expect too much from this theme anymore, but a £200 set with 18+... My mind immediately jumps to the Watchtower or Hall of Justice. But again, low expectations

13 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Could be the other potential numbers are reserved for the Batman sets. (Though this is pure speculation on my part as I don't really know too much about numbers that are out there etc.)

You mean that 40 set numbers are reserved for The Batman sets? Definitely not.

The Batman sets are definitely in the leaked set numbers 7617x - 7619x bunch.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Haha. No that would be a little too excessive.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I’ll have that answer soon

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll have that answer soon

After that big Marvel set number drop you just posted, that leaves us with 5 confirmed 2021 Super Heroes (either Marvel or DC) sets - 76176 ($30), 76177 ($40), 76179 ($15), 76181 ($30) and 76183 ($70). 

If I had to guess I'd say that the last 3 sets are The Batman wave that was going to come out this year.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After that big Marvel set number drop you just posted, that leaves us with 5 confirmed 2021 Super Heroes (either Marvel or DC) sets - 76176 ($30), 76177 ($40), 76179 ($15), 76181 ($30) and 76183 ($70). 

If I had to guess I'd say that the last 3 sets are The Batman wave that was going to come out this year.

Even better they are originally 1st half year sets do that is more confirmation plus the other 2 are releasing together so Shang chi for those it seems

Yeah, I'll take that as a 99% sure confirmation that these 3 will be The Batman sets.

This is gonna be hell of a wave, I love the price range - $15 one is probably gonna be a Batcycle, $30 the Batmobile and $70 either a Batcave or a Batwing (the second one isn't even rumoured to be in the movie tho).

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Can't get too excited or expect too much from this theme anymore, but a £200 set with 18+... My mind immediately jumps to the Watchtower or Hall of Justice. But again, low expectations

I honestly don’t see why it would be the Watchtower or Hall of Justice as an 18+ set.  I really hope I’m wrong but I think it’ll just be a another vehicle or a bust. 

Assuming they follow tradition the set will be a useless vehicle with figures that have no detailed printing. Pray they prove me wrong. Seriously Lego, Bat-girl needs dual molded legs AND leg printing, thanks for giving us neither. Also try and sprinkle two new figs this wave, not just 1? Pretty please I beg your highness.

My first thought was the Batman Returns Bat-Ski Boat to go with the 1989 vehicles, but I'm not sure how likely that is.  Maybe it's a new Arkham Asylum or Wayne Manor?  I'd be surprised if it wasn't something Batman-centric.

The Batman is meant to Batman year one. I dont think he has a batwing yet

In the trailer looks like he is still putting together the Batcave 

(Unless there is a time jump in the movie)

Edited by Robert8

The next iconic Batman vehicle for a $200 D2C would seem to be the 1966 TV Batmobile, but that's just speculation on my part.

I've love if the $70 set turned out to be a Batcave, but then again I hoped that the biggest BVS set was going to be the Batcave as well back in 2015. If we're only getting three sets, then I think Lego will throw one villain in each just to make it necessary to buy all three due to their exclusivity.

76179: Batcycle with Catwoman and her bike

76181: Batmobile chase with Penguin in his own car like we saw in the trailer

76183: Some big final battle type of set with Riddler in his lair?

Edited by TheBatstan

could the rumored batman sets that were posted today (which i mean they most likely are the batman sets) actually release in the summer?? I'm going broke buying the batman and sm 3 sets lmaoo

3 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

could the rumored batman sets that were posted today (which i mean they most likely are the batman sets) actually release in the summer?? I'm going broke buying the batman and sm 3 sets lmaoo

If they exist they’ll be released 1st January.

4 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

No, definitely not. January 2022 for now (if there are more delays then later).

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

If they exist they’ll be released 1st January.

they absolutely exist. The Batman sets were supposed to be Lego's trump card for DC in 2021, this pandemic had a thing to say about that