Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Jurassic World 2021 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Jurassic World (& Park) discussion throughout 2021--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Jurassic World discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Word is that the winter wave for JW has been canceled,along side Speed Champions and Architecture.Don't know how legit this info is.

Edited by LOTR34

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

Word is that the winter wave for JW has been canceled,along side Speed Champions and Architecture.Don't know how legit this info is.

Although it hadn't been reported on yet that wave has been delayed a while ago (which is something that everyone already assumed). It's not cancelled.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Although it hadn't been reported on yet that wave has been delayed a while ago (which is something that everyone already assumed). It's not cancelled.

I just used the wording from the initial leak.Although I already assumed it meant delayed.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

I just used the wording from the initial leak.Although I already assumed it meant delayed.

That's why I replied, to emphasize that these sets are just delayed and not outright cancelled as that poorly worded post states.

Well, Jurassic World sets have been delayed with the TBD dates. But let’s hope we will find out this year or not

On 1/1/2021 at 5:02 AM, LOTR34 said:

Speed Champions may not see any releases in 2021. Architecture and JW will.

I'm aware of nine sets for JW/JP (Dino), 76943-76912. The USD prices for 76944-76949 have been circulating for a few months; I don't know anything about the last three, except that they are or were part of the "2021" plans.

EDIT: Should have been explicit: "at least" nine, in the one wave that I know of.

Edited by Azani

6 hours ago, Azani said:

I'm aware of nine sets for JW/JP (Dino), 76944-76952. The USD prices for 76944-76949 have been circulating for a few months; I don't know anything about the last three, except that they are or were part of the "2021" plans.

There are more sets than that actually and their prices are also all known, they just haven't been reported on by anyone because most (if not all) Jurassic sets for 2021 have been delayed and rumors on what will and won't be released this year are fairly vague.

8 hours ago, Azani said:

Speed Champions may not see any releases in 2021. 

Why is that?Is it covid related?Either way it must suck for the SC fans.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are more sets than that actually and their prices are also all known, they just haven't been reported on by anyone because most (if not all) Jurassic sets for 2021 have been delayed and rumors on what will and won't be released this year are fairly vague.

Are JP and SC special occasions or are there other themes that are experiencing the same issues?

2 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Are JP and SC special occasions or are there other themes that are experiencing the same issues?

I don't follow Speed Champions so I have no clue what's going on with that theme but the uncertainty surrounding the releasedates of the Jurassic World sets is because of the delay of Jurassic World: Dominion. As far as I'm aware the only themes with a messy release schedule this/next year are Marvel, DC and Jurassic World. So basically the themes that had movies coming out that ended up getting delayed. 

For Jurassic a fairly substantial amount of sets had to be moved because of the films delay but I'm not sure wether that applies to the entire lineup or just a select part of it. From what I've heard some sets might still release this year but don't quote me on that. If we do get some sets later in the year I'm expecting them to be based on the 5 current films or maybe some sets that did fall under the JWD umbrella but didn't tie directly into the movie like 2018's Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack. 

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't follow Speed Champions so I have no clue what's going on with that theme but the uncertainty surrounding the releasedates of the Jurassic World sets is because of the delay of Jurassic World: Dominion. As far as I'm aware the only themes with a messy release schedule this/next year are Marvel, DC and Jurassic World. So basically the themes that had movies coming out that ended up getting delayed. 

For Jurassic a fairly substantial amount of sets had to be moved because of the films delay but I'm not sure wether that applies to the entire lineup or just a select part of it. From what I've heard some sets might still release this year but don't quote me on that. If we do get some sets later in the year I'm expecting them to be based on the 5 current films or maybe some sets that did fall under the JWD umbrella but didn't tie directly into the movie like 2018's Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack. 

I see,so the delays are related to movie scheduling.

I wonder though,could the same be applied to HP?Since the third FB movie was supposed to come out this year but now it has been delayed to next year.And since the summer set list for HP is rather large this time around could some of the sets be for FB 3?Meaning those sets are delayed as well?

Just now, LOTR34 said:

I see,so the delays are related to movie scheduling.

I wonder though,could the same be applied to HP?Since the third FB movie was supposed to come out this year but now it has been delayed to next year.And since the summer set list for HP is rather large this time around could some of the sets be for FB 3?Meaning those sets are delayed as well?

That could very well be but looking at the last few years that wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 sets anyway. 

9 sets? *huh* That’s quite a few more than we previously heard, isn’t it? I doubt they‘re all based on JWD, so it’s pretty likely some get released this year as I see no reason to delay the ones that aren‘t based on the new film :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

9 sets? *huh* That’s quite a few more than we previously heard, isn’t it? I doubt they‘re all based on JWD, so it’s pretty likely some get released this year as I see no reason to delay the ones that aren‘t based on the new film :laugh:

I can't and won't elaborate much more on it but there are actually 12 sets.

You can see that on pricevortex

LEGO 76944 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 49.99 €
nopic.jpg LEGO 76945 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 19.99 €
nopic.jpg LEGO 76946 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 29.99 €
nopic.jpg LEGO 76947 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 39.99 €
nopic.jpg LEGO 76948 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 49.99 €
nopic.jpg LEGO 76949 # Jurassic World n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a 119.99 €

15 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

You can see that on pricevortex

The info for those sets has been out there for months now, the new sets me and Azani talked about are brand new ones that have never been mentioned yet. 

12 sets even?! *oh2* How come there were this many planned? Sure, JWD is the big finale and all, but that still seems quite excessive to me, compared to previous years. I assume there were supposed to be 2 waves then? 

12 sets for this year? 2 waves? It’s pretty sudden at this point. 

Did the source confirm that tentative plan?  I’m asking because I quite don’t get it why. I mean, Dominon is delayed to 2022?

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

12 sets for this year? 2 waves? It’s pretty sudden at this point. 

Did the source confirm that tentative plan?  I’m asking because I quite don’t get it why. I mean, Dominon is delayed to 2022?

You're not reading the info correctly. There were 12 sets planned for this year, quite possibly spread out over 2 waves, but because of JWD's delay there isn't a lot of concrete info on what sets will or will not keep their 2021 release. So yes there are 12 sets but they're not all coming out this year. 

Edited by Guyon2002

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

You're not reading the info correctly. There were 12 sets planned for this year, quite possibly spread out over 2 waves, but because of JWD's delay there isn't a lot of concrete info on what sets will or will not keep their 2021 release. So yes there are 12 sets but they're not all coming out this year. 

Ok, thank you. That’s quite making sense. 

Here is the stuff that is confirmed 

76944: $49.99

76945: $19.99

76946: $29.99

76947: $39.99

76948: $49.99

76949: $119.99

these I’m 99.9% sure where movie sets because they originally were supposed to release in the first half of this year 

for jurassic world dominion sets there will likely be a giganotausorus as it was confirmed in the movie. The other wave of sets may be based on Jurassic World Camp cretaceous

I’m very curious about 76944. The price is little higher then goes down then up to $119 again. 

I believe we discussed about this set in 2020’s thread that it may be anniversary for Jurasic Park III, probably?