Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Everyone going to ignore the robot dog? I really hope it doesn't become the campers companion, that would be so annoying. I would've preferred LEGOs robot t rex lol.

Unless that's how Camp Cretaceous connects to Dominion? Mantah core creates robot Dinosaurs, lol jk.

But seriously, why is it even in this franchise?

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Everyone going to ignore the robot dog? I really hope it doesn't become the campers companion, that would be so annoying. I would've preferred LEGOs robot t rex lol.

Unless that's how Camp Cretaceous connects to Dominion? Mantah core creates robot Dinosaurs, lol jk.

I didn't mention it here but I too hate the idea, even though realistically speaking robotics could very well be extremely advanced in the Jurassic universe the idea of robot dogs just sounds really dumb and doesn't fit the universe. What makes it even worse is that with Bumpy being left on Nublar there's a pretty strong chance this robot dog could potentially end up becoming a replacement companion to the campers.

45 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I didn't mention it here but I too hate the idea, even though realistically speaking robotics could very well be extremely advanced in the Jurassic universe the idea of robot dogs just sounds really dumb and doesn't fit the universe. What makes it even worse is that with Bumpy being left on Nublar there's a pretty strong chance this robot dog could potentially end up becoming a replacement companion to the campers.

Yeah, I agree. What would make it even worse is if the robot is the 'dinosaur' on the boat lol jk. But yeah, they will probably give the robot a personality or something stupid. Sucks because everything else about season 4 looks great, this just kindoff ruins everything. But who knows, maybe it'll just be in one episode or something and then gone (hopefully...)

10 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Honestly? Including a robot dog is a dumb idea for sure… it doesn’t make me excited. I feel like the brainstorming team for this animated tv show was running out of ideas so they simply threw a silly robot dog into it. Dinosaur meets robot? What a cheesy idea, I mean, past meets future. I would understand it’s robotic drones tracking down dinosaurs or whatever but ROBOT DOG? I guess a younger audience would think it’s cool…

One thing I’m really excited about (obviously…) is Spinosaurus, nothing else. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Honestly? Including a robot dog is a dumb idea for sure… it doesn’t make me excited. I feel like the brainstorming team for this animated tv show was running out of ideas so they simply threw a silly robot dog into it. Dinosaur meets robot? What a cheesy idea, I mean, past meets future. I would understand it’s robotic drones tracking down dinosaurs or whatever but ROBOT DOG? I guess a younger audience would think it’s cool…

One thing I’m really excited about (obviously…) is Spinosaurus, nothing else. 

Yeah, they didn't need to include the robot dog, such a bad idea. Yeah, Spinosaurus is a cool return, not to mention the new species.

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, they didn't need to include the robot dog, such a bad idea. Yeah, Spinosaurus is a cool return, not to mention the new species.

What a waste of budget on silly robot dog.

if there are any new speices, we will need to use spoiler tags. :)

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What a waste of budget on silly robot dog.

if there are any new speices, we will need to use spoiler tags. :)

Oh, I was just going to not mention Kentrosaurus lol

Camp Cretaceous season 4 trailer is out and it looks..... fine I guess. Some elements are cool and some are just bizarre. 

Anyway I think we could potentially get some more sets based on the show in the future, although I hope they'd stick to the more normal S1-3 stuff.

A robot dog isn't any dumber to me than a human clone of some stupid useless character.

The dinosaurs crossbreeds in Jurassic World were being used for military reasons. We currently have robot dogs with massive guns on it. So it's fine.

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Camp Cretaceous season 4 trailer is out and it looks..... fine I guess. Some elements are cool and some are just bizarre. 

Anyway I think we could potentially get some more sets based on the show in the future, although I hope they'd stick to the more normal S1-3 stuff.

Well, perosnallly I hope we would get a CC set that includes Spinosaurus. I don’t want to see a robot dog in any of these sets in the future. 

8 hours ago, Maple said:

A robot dog isn't any dumber to me than a human clone of some stupid useless character.

The dinosaurs crossbreeds in Jurassic World were being used for military reasons. We currently have robot dogs with massive guns on it. So it's fine.

Fair enough but the Maisie was created as a reason for why we have never seen Benjamin Lockwood before, she also got to show how things can get cloned and how weird it actually is etc.

Robot dogs don't really fit in this universe but whatever, I don't care about them anymore. 

I don't think Lockwood fits into the universe. My guess is that between Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World training dinosaurs for military uses corporations also made robot dogs. I think it makes perfect sense and fits into the world Jurassic World started.

12 hours ago, Maple said:

I don't think Lockwood fits into the universe. My guess is that between Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World training dinosaurs for military uses corporations also made robot dogs. I think it makes perfect sense and fits into the world Jurassic World started.

Sure it’s your opinion and I get it. But I do think Lockdown’s story fits in Jurasic Park universe. It’s the main reason why Hammond was against human cloning and he rejected Lockdown as his partner in business. Like Axol said, we never saw Lockwood in previous films until Fallen Kingdom.

And this is my personal opinion - robot dogs are just…well, ok.

Well, this is pointless if we keep talking about this robot dog topic (even tho there is nothing we have to talk if there is no lego-related leaks or something). Now I’m bowing out if this robot dog discussion. 

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

we never saw Lockwood in previous films until Fallen Kingdom.

Soo.....?
We never saw robot dinosaurs (supposedly it's a dinosaur and not a dog according to a new article) until season 4 of CC. 

I can’t remember that discussion regarding Jurassic Park: T-rex Rampage set. But did anyone that a goat mold was supposed to be included in that set? Or designers never planned to include it at all? I only knew hat the designer wanted to use a goat mold for Ideas Medieval Blacksmith set but never happened. 

Man, the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set literally went from “in stock everywhere I saw” to “completely gone” in UNDER three days locally. Yet again, I hesitated too long to get the Indominus. Guess I can try again in five years when they do a new set with it again. :sadnew:

10 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Man, the Indominus vs Ankylosaurus set literally went from “in stock everywhere I saw” to “completely gone” in UNDER three days locally. Yet again, I hesitated too long to get the Indominus. Guess I can try again in five years when they do a new set with it again. :sadnew:

Check your shops and stuff, i have seen that set recently at target.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’t remember that discussion regarding Jurassic Park: T-rex Rampage set. But did anyone that a goat mold was supposed to be included in that set? Or designers never planned to include it at all? I only knew hat the designer wanted to use a goat mold for Ideas Medieval Blacksmith set but never happened. 

Yes the designer want to make the goat mold and put the goat in the stomach of the T-Rex but he didn’t have enough time to do it unfortunately. 

The old goat mold is “dead”. A new one is required.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Yes the designer want to make the goat mold and put the goat in the stomach of the T-Rex but he didn’t have enough time to do it unfortunately. 

The old goat mold is “dead”. A new one is required.

Thanks! Now it happens again, the goat was supposed to show up in Idea Medieval Blacksmith set and yet no goat mold. 

But we haven’t given up our hope for a new goat mold!

if a goat mold just pops into existence, I will gladly stuff it into a T-rex’s mouth!

53 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks! Now it happens again, the goat was supposed to show up in Idea Medieval Blacksmith set and yet no goat mold. 

But we haven’t given up our hope for a new goat mold!

if a goat mold just pops into existence, I will gladly stuff it into a T-rex’s mouth!

:rofl:

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Lol, just gets released and you already feed it to a prehistoric giant lol

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Lol, just gets released and you already feed it to a prehistoric giant lol

Lol. If T-rex is still hungry, I will allow it devour my customized minifigures (that remsbles my least favorite people). 

Anyways, we already have sheep molds. I guess we will wait for that darn goat mold. 

On 11/20/2021 at 4:42 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Check your shops and stuff, i have seen that set recently at target.

I did. Sadly, nothing. I also ran to spend some time with family earlier, and nothing I could locate in store in their city either. It's okay, though. I speedran the stages of grief in my car and have now come to acceptance.

22 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Lol. If T-rex is still hungry, I will allow it devour my customized minifigures (that remsbles my least favorite people). 

Anyways, we already have sheep molds. I guess we will wait for that darn goat mold. 

Lol, yeah it shouldn't be that hard for them. Although they might make a Minecraft version of it first lol.

11 hours ago, BaneShake said:

I did. Sadly, nothing. I also ran to spend some time with family earlier, and nothing I could locate in store in their city either. It's okay, though. I speedran the stages of grief in my car and have now come to acceptance.

Oof, although may I suggest that if you are feeling that bad about missing it, why don't you just buy it off of eBay or something, I checked just then and to be honest the prices aren't too bad, only scalped a little lol.

They've finally released The Prologue, the promotional material for Dominion they played before F9 in IMAX :wub:

This makes me excited for all those sets so much, I can't wait to get more info about them.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN