Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

yeah that is interesting! i'm really glad that maise will be in Dominion... she was such as key charactor in Fallen kingdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JLR said:

yeah that is interesting! i'm really glad that maise will be in Dominion... she was such as key charactor in Fallen kingdom

Is she supposed to be a dinosaur-human hybrid? Did she have to hatch from an egg? :sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Is she supposed to be a dinosaur-human hybrid? Did she have to hatch from an egg? :sick:

(Iris...)

Lol jk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Is she supposed to be a dinosaur-human hybrid? Did she have to hatch from an egg? :sick:

Have you seen Fallen Kingdom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Is she supposed to be a dinosaur-human hybrid? Did she have to hatch from an egg? :sick:

i don't think so! she was mr. lockwoods grandaughter or something like that. of corse, i'm not totally sure... but i knoiw for sure that she isn't a dinosaur-humans hybrid lol. i wouldn't watch the JW movies if they had that type of thing in them:pir_wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2021 at 12:44 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I mean, this thread has barely been on topic all year

Indeed. No offense to anyone, but I think the mods have been sleeping on this thread a bit. If any other thread would veer this far out into the nether regions of the mysterious land of Offtopica, the mods would step in, guns ablazing :laugh_hard:

The only time the thread was actually on-topic was the two weeks surrounding the set reveal :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Have you seen Fallen Kingdom?

Yes, but they never explain how Maisie is cloned. I really hope they do not explain it in Dominion.

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

(Iris...)

Lol jk

*oh2* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. No offense to anyone, but I think the mods have been sleeping on this thread a bit. If any other thread would veer this far out into the nether regions of the mysterious land of Offtopica, the mods would step in, guns ablazing :laugh_hard:

The only time the thread was actually on-topic was the two weeks surrounding the set reveal :tongue:

Definitely. Is there something about the 2021 sets that we want to talk about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Yes, but they never explain how Maisie is cloned. I really hope they do not explain it in Dominion.

You do realise that it would be physically impossible for her to hatch from an...... egg, right? :wacko:

And what would Dominion even have to explain? It's extremely obvious how she was cloned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I guess I didn't catch it then.

Same tbh. Was it an artificial womb lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. No offense to anyone, but I think the mods have been sleeping on this thread a bit. If any other thread would veer this far out into the nether regions of the mysterious land of Offtopica, the mods would step in, guns ablazing :laugh_hard:

The only time the thread was actually on-topic was the two weeks surrounding the set reveal :tongue:

To be fair Jurassic World thread works on different rules.

Literally like 80% is just movie and dinosaur discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the Giganotosaurs has been confirmed for JWD through the IMAX preview, I wonder if LEGO will recolour the Indominius as the Giga. 🤔

(trying in vain to get back on topic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, The_Grizzlysnake said:

Now that the Giganotosaurs has been confirmed for JWD through the IMAX preview, I wonder if LEGO will recolour the Indominius as the Giga. 🤔

The Giga doesn't resemble the Indominus even a little bit aside from them both being large carnivorous theropods. Recoloring the Indominus for one would be a travesty of epic proportions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The_Grizzlysnake said:

Now that the Giganotosaurs has been confirmed for JWD through the IMAX preview, I wonder if LEGO will recolour the Indominius as the Giga. 🤔

 

I'd say we'd get a new head mold. Aside from that, all Indominus components, including the jaw and arms. If we get Atrociraptors, which I'm fairly certain we will, we may get a new head for them, but otherwise all Raptor components.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you seen the lego giganotosaurus concept made by Bestomator on Instagram ? Of course, lego won't do exactly the same but at least it gives an idea of what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'd say we'd get a new head mold. Aside from that, all Indominus components, including the jaw and arms. If we get Atrociraptors, which I'm fairly certain we will, we may get a new head for them, but otherwise all Raptor components.

Sounds good lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2021 at 9:54 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

You do realise that it would be physically impossible for her to hatch from an...... egg, right? :wacko:

And what would Dominion even have to explain? It's extremely obvious how she was cloned.

Umm... How was she cloned lol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Umm... How was she cloned lol? 

"You have no idea what she is. What do you think drove Hammond and Lockwood apart? Huh? Lockwood never had a grandchild, he just wanted his daughter back.... and he had the technology. He created another, he made her again." - Mills

This one bit of dialogue pretty much explains it and I'm surprised how many people have completely missed it, even 3 years after Fallen Kingdom's release. It's roughly the same process as the cloning of dinosaurs except here there's no need to extract DNA from fossils or fill any gaps as it's 100% genuine and complete coming straight off Maisie 1.0's corpse. The idea of a human hatching from an egg is absurd and makes no bloody sense no matter how you look at it as it's just physically impossible so Lockwood's only options would've been a surrogate or some kind of elaborate incubator that simulates a lifeforms growth cycle in utero. The line gives us enough context to know it wasn't particularly hard to do, just extremely unethical and morally wrong. Lockwood went through with it regardless and destroyed his relationship with Hammond in the process.

It's a simplified explanation but I'm not going into it any deeper than this as Mills' line on it's own is already more than enough to deduce the process behind Maisie 2.0's creation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

"You have no idea what she is. What do you think drove Hammond and Lockwood apart? Huh? Lockwood never had a grandchild, he just wanted his daughter back.... and he had the technology. He created another, he made her again." - Mills

This one bit of dialogue pretty much explains it and I'm surprised how many people have completely missed it, even 3 years after Fallen Kingdom's release. It's roughly the same process as the cloning of dinosaurs except here there's no need to extract DNA from fossils or fill any gaps as it's 100% genuine and complete coming straight off Maisie 1.0's corpse. The idea of a human hatching from an egg is absurd and makes no bloody sense no matter how you look at it as it's just physically impossible so Lockwood's only options would've been a surrogate or some kind of elaborate incubator that simulates a lifeforms growth cycle in utero. The line gives us enough context to know it wasn't particularly hard to do, just extremely unethical and morally wrong. Lockwood went through with it regardless and destroyed his relationship with Hammond in the process.

It's a simplified explanation but I'm not going into it any deeper than this as Mills' line on it's own is already more than enough to deduce the process behind Maisie 2.0's creation. 

Huh... Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Morning guys! I’m gonna point out something that’s not being talked about related to that 5 minutes preview, not related to Lego. Everybody is talking about the species shown and I noticed one brand new species after the iguanodon runs and right before the fight, you can spot some type of feathered ornithischian flying around (à la Archeopteryx) I’m not a paleontologist, but I’m pretty sure Archeopteryx belonged to the Jurassic period (correct me if I’m wrong) Does anybody have any idea what species that could be? Have a great Sunday boys 

Edited by LegoCyt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Morning guys! I’m gonna point out something that’s not being talked about related to that 5 minutes preview, not related to Lego. Everybody is talking about the species shown and I noticed one brand new species after the iguanodon runs and right before the fight, you can spot some type of feathered ornithischian flying around (à la Archeopteryx) I’m not a paleontologist, but I’m pretty sure Archeopteryx belonged to the Jurassic period (correct me if I’m wrong) Does anybody have any idea what species that could be? Have a great Sunday boys 

Probably a microraptor because it appeared in the Cretaceous Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoCyt said:

Morning guys! I’m gonna point out something that’s not being talked about related to that 5 minutes preview, not related to Lego. Everybody is talking about the species shown and I noticed one brand new species after the iguanodon runs and right before the fight, you can spot some type of feathered ornithischian flying around (à la Archeopteryx) I’m not a paleontologist, but I’m pretty sure Archeopteryx belonged to the Jurassic period (correct me if I’m wrong) Does anybody have any idea what species that could be? Have a great Sunday boys 

Can you send a screenshot? (The video I have doesn't show the top half of the screen lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Can you send a screenshot? (The video I have doesn't show the top half of the screen lol)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zuaul3HE0

0.13 - 0.18

1 hour ago, Bababricks said:

Probably a microraptor because it appeared in the Cretaceous Period.

Wow I hadn’t even thought of microraptor, thanks man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an inconsistency in Lego Jurassic World Legend of Isla Nublar episode 3. I know it doesn't really matter, and that there are tons, but I don't think anyones noticed this before.

At the start, Dr Wu and Allison are being rushed to make a new dinosaur by Simon Masrani, and I Allison says that 'they can't rush it and they don't even know if making a hybrid would work', or something like that. Also I think they mention that they have never made a hybrid before, or when they make the T.rex-Ankylosaurus hybrid (btw that colourscheme is suspiciously similar to Lego Baryonyx Grim...) they say this is the first hybrid. Anyways, at the end they capture it and release it into a paddock, the inconsistency is that there is a Stegoceratops walking in the background lol (Also it looks pretty cool).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.