Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I was looking at the price coordination for the Dominion sets, and I noticed it followed the same pattern as this year's wave: a higher priced 4+ set, followed by ever-increasing prices. Could the first $50 set be a 4+ one, and follow the consistent pattern of this year?

Edit: Also, are Pyroraptor and Deinonychus still set to premier in the film? I've seen the toy leaks, but they aren't on the list of new dinosaurs that Steven Weintraub confirmed, so...

Edited by pancakecrocodile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Also, are Pyroraptor and Deinonychus still set to premier in the film?

I don't see why they wouldn't be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Season 4 is now officially confirmed

Here would be a cool scenario:

The six kids have to fend off whatever is on board the boat for the first few episodes, only to get blown of course in a storm... and arrive at Isla Sorna, where they are wrecked on the rocks. They must fight their way through the terrifying dangers of the jungle to reach the base on the other side of the island. That way, we may see good old Spino again! Maybe Corythosaurus, Mamenchisaurus, Troodon, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Season 4 is now officially confirmed

It's been confirmed for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's been confirmed for a while.

no, it had been considered but the confirmation of the release of season 4 has only been official since today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

no, it had been considered but the confirmation of the release of season 4 has only been official since today

You guys might've only just seen/heard it today but Season 4's existence was confirmed a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You guys might've only just seen/heard it today but Season 4's existence was confirmed a while ago.

Really? Can I have a link to see it? (unless its your source, then I understand lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Really? Can I have a link to see it? (unless its your source, then I understand lol)

Season 4 has been hinted at/teased by Trevorrow and other people involved with the series several times in the past. And those hints were easily confirmed by story rumors that have been popping up here and there over the past month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This forum should be called JW dominion instead of 2021 lego jurassic world sets now lol. One thing i really hope they don't do is use the new indominous rex hands...having them in this year's baryonyx was bad enough..... they just....don't hold figures very well imo. the old i.rex's hands were WAY better. Plus, they can rotate, which is awesome! i would be very disappointed if they use the new hands  pieces again. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JLR said:

One thing i really hope they don't do is use the new indominous rex hands...having them in this year's baryonyx was bad enough..... they just....don't hold figures very well imo. the old i.rex's hands were WAY better. Plus, they can rotate, which is awesome! i would be very disappointed if they use the new hands  pieces again. What do you guys think?

I think Lego made the new hands just to save money, because the old ones were composed of two pieces and the fists were made of that rubbery component. So I could see Giga having Indominus hands like the new Indominus and Baryonyx. I do agree, those swivel-wrists were awesome IMO. I loved how they could hold figs very easily, and reach all the way up to the head. I have the 2018 Indoraptor and 2019 Baryonyx, so I guess the only one left is the 2015 Indominus. I really wish Lego had kept the wrists the same, but if it saves money for them, they'll do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JLR said:

This forum should be called JW dominion instead of 2021 lego jurassic world sets now lol. 

The licensed threads are made for each year, not for each subtheme. Otherwise Eurobricks would quickly get flooded considering Marvel alone would need around 10 threads a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The licensed threads are made for each year, not for each subtheme. Otherwise Eurobricks would quickly get flooded considering Marvel alone would need around 10 threads a year.

And if Dominion hadn't been delayed, we would've gotten both waves together in the same year. So it would make sense that just one theme would have a consistent page with different discussions of multiple waves. Some themes don't even really have subthemes either; Monkie Kid, Mario, or just straight up movie-based sets, so it would make sense with certain discoordinations and ambiguity between sets of no determinable definitive boundaries.

BTW, does anyone think that 75944 could be a 4+ set? I was looking at the price coordination for the Dominion sets, and I noticed it followed the same pattern as this year's wave: a higher priced 4+ set, followed by ever-increasing prices. Could the first $50 set be a 4+ one, and follow the consistent pattern of this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

BTW, does anyone think that 75944 could be a 4+ set? I was looking at the price coordination for the Dominion sets, and I noticed it followed the same pattern as this year's wave: a higher priced 4+ set, followed by ever-increasing prices. Could the first $50 set be a 4+ one, and follow the consistent pattern of this year?

I’m pretty sure it may be a 4+ set based on the price. So you may be right.

Thankfully it’s not Duplo. 

8 hours ago, JLR said:

This forum should be called JW dominion instead of 2021 lego jurassic world sets now lol. 

I’m not sure if I understand your point - what’s wrong with “Jurasic World 2021” name? I mean, Dominion certainly does relates to Jurassic World. Same for Camp Cretaceous and Jurassic Park D2C going to the “Jurasic World 20XX” threads. 

Like guyon said, licensed threads are created for each year (it starts at Jan 1). More importantly, they are created by moderators (like Captian Nemo), not you or me, or even Guyon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think @JLR was just joking, guys.

I wanted to point out about what was said earlier about repainted species, technically, there is president for it: 2015's "Gallimimus" was notoriously nothing more than a repainted Coelophysis.

And count me among those that prefer the 2015 I-Rex to the newer one. I think its ability to grab figures was a defining feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I think @JLR was just joking, guys.

Exactly. He was saying that because the thread suddenly shifted from LEGO-related to pure movie discussion, including spoilers :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. He was saying that because the thread suddenly shifted from LEGO-related to pure movie discussion, including spoilers :tongue:

Not just movies. :classic: Guyon did say Evolution 2 which clearly doesn’t related to lego. And Camp Cretaceous season 4 too. :oh3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. He was saying that because the thread suddenly shifted from LEGO-related to pure movie discussion, including spoilers :tongue:

20 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The licensed threads are made for each year, not for each subtheme. Otherwise Eurobricks would quickly get flooded considering Marvel alone would need around 10 threads a year.

sorry everyone if you took that wrong! i was just joking- wasn't saying that anything was wrong about the forum changing topic a bit. My apologies. And it should change too, because we have already seen the 2021 sets, so it makes sense to talk about dominion now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JLR said:

sorry everyone if you took that wrong! i was just joking- wasn't saying that anything was wrong about the forum changing topic a bit. My apologies. And it should change too, because we have already seen the 2021 sets, so it makes sense to talk about dominion now :)

Yeah. Speaking about dominion, who is going to buy the expensive ticket for F9 lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JLR said:

And it should change too, because we have already seen the 2021 sets, so it makes sense to talk about dominion now :)

Right. I think the mods will make one when the first rumors begin to circle. Good joke, BTW!

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah. Speaking about dominion, who is going to buy the expensive ticket for F9 lol?

Not me. You?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you guys think Lego will make a Battle at big rock set? that would be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JLR said:

do you guys think Lego will make a Battle at big rock set? that would be awesome

I’d love an Allosaurus but that probably won’t happen until after JW3 

Also if you’re in the UK look out for Lego Jurassic world magazines with raptor poly bags, I’ve got 5 baby raptors now from 3 magazines - great if you want a big nest / Compy swarm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't really relative to this year's Lego JW wave, but you know what we need? A novel that follows the events of re-establishing Isla Nublar after the 1993 incident. The storyline could follow the viewpoints of the hunters who capture the dinosaurs, or the builders braving the perils of the jungle, etc. Just a cool thought; I may write a fan-fic version of that myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.