Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Spoilers for S3:

  Hide contents

It didn't make much sense at first but having seen Season 3 I'm just so confident and hyped that the $30 set is most likely the JW-era Visitor Center. Just looking at Dreamworks' model I can easily see this having a small-ish T-Rex skull, some scaffolding, other debris and possibly even some torn apart pieces of the "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner.

Throw in Yaz, Darius and Kenji alongside Blue and possibly (albeit highly unlikely) some Compies and you've got a fantastic little set.

Screenshot_30.jpg

 

I will eat my shoe if there's an unknown store-exclusive, especially if it included the Scorpius. LEGO Jurassic's 2021 lineup was already filled to the brim with sets and that only really watered down to what we're getting now because LEGO was forced to delay the Dominion sets by a year. The sets were still getting were always planned to be released at that time so unless LEGO conjured up some extra budget out of nowhere an additional set seems highly unlikely.

That’s what I thought - the likeliest scenario is the funding - that went into what would have been 2 waves this year - is now being split across this and next year, meaning there won’t be any extra sets designed and no budget for anything that hasn’t already been designed until 2023 :sceptic:

I love your idea for the £30 set tho - new characters, a T. rex skull and a raptor would be worth it IMO, especially if Blue is reprinted grey like the baby version from the volcano set 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love your idea of Compys, Guyon2002; maybe just recolored baby dinos? I'd love a new mold, and we could see one with a small dinosaur like that... but I wouldn't count on it. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly doubt that. In the last 3 years we've gotten 4 Juniors sets and none of them included desirable characters that weren't available elsewhere. The 2018 sets just had Owen, Claire and some random ACU guards and a scientist and last year we got Owen and Sinjin.

Oops - I keep forgetting that one is a Juniors set! In that case, I agree the Stygi set probably won’t be Camp Cretaceous but I still think the other three will be.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Spoilers for S3:

  Hide contents

It didn't make much sense at first but having seen Season 3 I'm just so confident and hyped that the $30 set is most likely the JW-era Visitor Center. Just looking at Dreamworks' model I can easily see this having a small-ish T-Rex skull, some scaffolding, other debris and possibly even some torn apart pieces of the "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" banner.

Throw in Yaz, Darius and Kenji alongside Blue and possibly (albeit highly unlikely) some Compies and you've got a fantastic little set.

Screenshot_30.jpg

 

This would be a dream come true - and I think it would sell like hot cakes. It’s an instantly recognizable location for JP fans, includes a JW hero dino, and a diverse cast of kids from a popular show. I am praying to the LEGO gods that you are right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

This would be a dream come true - and I think it would sell like hot cakes. It’s an instantly recognizable location for JP fans, includes a JW hero dino, and a diverse cast of kids from a popular show. I am praying to the LEGO gods that you are right.

Could we get an old-coloration raptor squad member or an updated one if that's the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Could we get an old-coloration raptor squad member or an updated one if that's the case?

Probably not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I love your idea of Compys, Guyon2002; maybe just recolored baby dinos? I'd love a new mold, and we could see one with a small dinosaur like that... but I wouldn't count on it. Thanks for sharing!

The funny thing is the baby raptors are already around the size of a real velociraptor compared to figures - velociraptors are thought to be about the size of a cat or small dog. Luckily the larger raptors could instead be used for dromeosaurs or utahraptor. 
 

I’ve also actually started collecting Lego baby raptors as they are quite easy to find as magazine gifts here in the UK - I already have the baby Rex and baby Delta and Echo. It would definitely be cool to get the mould in even more colours! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

The funny thing is the baby raptors are already around the size of a real velociraptor compared to figures - velociraptors are thought to be about the size of a cat or small dog. Luckily the larger raptors could instead be used for dromeosaurs or utahraptor. 
 

I’ve also actually started collecting Lego baby raptors as they are quite easy to find as magazine gifts here in the UK - I already have the baby Rex and baby Delta and Echo. It would definitely be cool to get the mould in even more colours! 

Technically, the largest Velociraptor fossil discovered was nine feet long and almost four feet tall, so it is quite a considerable amount larger than a cat or dog. But the Lego versions significantly outsize them without a doubt! I wonder if we'll get a few baby raptors in these sets just for ambience: like in 75929, 75930, 75942, etc. Maybe we could get some more vivid colorations in 76941 and 76942?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Could we get an old-coloration raptor squad member or an updated one if that's the case?

Blue is the only one with a chance of popping up this year, though I do hope we'll get remakes of the other 3 eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those set names just scream Camp Cretaceous :tongue:

Not really... They are quiet right now. And one of them may not scream Camp Cretaceous tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not really... They are quiet right now. And one of them may not scream Camp Cretaceous tho.

What do you mean?

T. Rex Dinosaur Fossil? Visitor centre, and it can't be a coincidence that it just played a big role in S3.

Carnotaur Dinosaur Chase? Toro, and a random vehicle (there were plenty).

Baryonyx Dinosaur Boat? Yacht played a huge role in S3, and Baryonyxes are out there (it makes perfect sense to be 2 of them, just like in CC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind, it would not be out of the ordinary for Lego to stick a random Dino in a set based on something it doesn’t actually show up in. If the sets are indeed CC based I would guess the Stygi set is as well. There’s definitely a precedent for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you mean?

T. Rex Dinosaur Fossil? Visitor centre, and it can't be a coincidence that it just played a big role in S3.

Carnotaur Dinosaur Chase? Toro, and a random vehicle (there were plenty).

Baryonyx Dinosaur Boat? Yacht played a huge role in S3, and Baryonyxes are out there (it makes perfect sense to be 2 of them, just like in CC).

I am a deaf guy. :) I can’t help myself but I’m just sarcastic. 

Of course, I know they are based off Camp Cretaceous but not one of four sets - it’s a 4+ set that is not based on CC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am a deaf guy. :) I can’t help myself but I’m just sarcastic. 

Of course, I know they are based off Camp Cretaceous but not one of four sets - it’s a 4+ set that is not based on CC. 

Haha no problem :wink:

Yeah I suppose IF other sets are CC, I suppose that the 4+ set is either a random set with Owen Grady, or a CC set with a random dino like Stygimoloch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am a deaf guy.

Typo/autocorrect?

Also, Juniors 4+ sets have always been random lol, so I wouldn't be surprised if Stygimoloch Escape is just a random cage or something haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you guys think the t.rex will have a new coloration? i'd be mad if they keep to an old one!:pir_mad: lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JLR said:

do you guys think the t.rex will have a new coloration? i'd be mad if they keep to an old one!:pir_mad: lol

There is no T-Rex so it can hardly be a new color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just to make things clear in terms of Dino distribution this year 

- 4+ Stigimoloch set with probably just that 1 Dino (maybe recoloured)

- Medium-small raptor set with probably just 1 raptor and BRICK-BUILT T-Rex bones 

- Carnosaurus set with probably just 1 Dino (again maybe recoloured) 

- boat / yacht set with MAYBE 2 Baryonix

In total: 1 Stigimoloch, 1 raptor, 1 carnosaurus, 1 or 2 Baryonix 

I understand how this information has only come from partial set names but this seems like the most conservative and reasonable estimate of how many Dinos we’re getting. If any of this is wrong then please correct me 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

- Medium-small raptor set with probably just 1 raptor and BRICK-BUILT T-Rex bones 

The $30 set having a Raptor is just the most reasonable and realistic assumption we can make, not actual info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know it won't happen this year (or at all, probably) but it would be cool to see a Monolophosaurus in honor of CC S3: just a modified raptor head with Stygimoloch legs.

And, of course, a raptor body, arms, and jaw :facepalm:, forgot to add that

Edited by pancakecrocodile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

So just to make things clear in terms of Dino distribution this year 

- 4+ Stigimoloch set with probably just that 1 Dino (maybe recoloured)

- Medium-small raptor set with probably just 1 raptor and BRICK-BUILT T-Rex bones 

- Carnosaurus set with probably just 1 Dino (again maybe recoloured) 

- boat / yacht set with MAYBE 2 Baryonix

In total: 1 Stigimoloch, 1 raptor, 1 carnosaurus, 1 or 2 Baryonix 

I understand how this information has only come from partial set names but this seems like the most conservative and reasonable estimate of how many Dinos we’re getting. If any of this is wrong then please correct me 🙂

I mean as far as we know it's just 1 Stygimoloch, 1 Carnotaurus and 1 Baryonyx. 

The rest is just pure speculation, and other random dinos could pop up in some sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A leak of what appears to be Dennis Nedry’s minifig head has popped up on Instagram. This is most unexpected... what do folks think it could mean?! If we get some surprise JP sets I will be over the moon. Imagine if we got Nedry with a JP JEEP and a juvenile Dilophosaurus!

EDIT: False alarm! Sorry - it looks like it’s the same actor but for a Seinfeld set...

 

Edited by sebastian666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

A leak of what appears to be Dennis Nedry’s minifig head has popped up on Instagram. This is most unexpected... what do folks think it could mean?! If we get some surprise JP sets I will be over the moon. Imagine if we got Nedry with a JP JEEP and a juvenile Dilophosaurus!

This head does not come from Dennis Nedry but from a character from Seinfeld which lego has planned a set this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.