Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

yeah, it's getting a bit off! anyway, so what do you guys think on the t.rex fossil escape set? the build is going to be interesting... Maybe a museum??? i'm trying to think of what the build is going to be.

17 minutes ago, JLR said:

Anyway, so what do you guys think on the t.rex fossil escape set? the build is going to be interesting... Maybe a museum??? i'm trying to think of what the build is going to be.

I think we'll get a smaller version of the Rex skeleton from that Ideas set. It is a nice build by itself, so I think that people would love to get a smaller build (as long as it looks nice). I wonder what aspect of the franchise it will be based on... JP? CC S3? FK? Dominion?

7 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

JP? CC S3? FK? Dominion?

JP, CC or Dominion could work. But why would it be based on Fallen Kingdom?

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I guess the only thing it could be, if it were based on Fallen Kingdom (which probably won't happen), perhaps a Lockwood Manor expansion or something?

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'm not saying it would be based on FK, just giving some examples from the franchise.

We got a JW set in 2020 five years after it's release, so FK isn't impossible. But I agree, very unlikely.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

6 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I guess the only thing it could be, if it were based on Fallen Kingdom (which probably won't happen), perhaps a Lockwood Manor expansion or something?

Lockwood didn't have a T-Rex skeleton though.

5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'm not saying it would be based on FK, just giving some examples from the franchise.

I know and I asked why you listed Fallen Kingdom as an example, considering it's the only one of the media you listed that doesn't feature a T-Rex skeleton whatsoever (excluding JWD as we haven't seen that yet).

54 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I know and I asked why you listed Fallen Kingdom as an example, considering it's the only one of the media you listed that doesn't feature a T-Rex skeleton whatsoever (excluding JWD as we haven't seen that yet).

Like I said, just shooting random ideas out. What's your opinion on this set?

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Lockwood didn't have a T-Rex skeleton though.

I know, but apart from the random corpses, where would a skeleton be in fallen kingdom lol. (Also, if Lego were to do a skeleton, I doubt they would go for a species that 'normal' people don't know exist lol)

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that they put dinosaurs that had never been in the franchise before in Benjamin Lockwood's private museum, pretty cool! (Except for the triceratops skull obviously)

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Like I said, just shooting random ideas out. What's your opinion on this set?

Either CC or JP, leaning more towards the former.

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Also, if Lego were to do a skeleton, I doubt they would go for a species that 'normal' people don't know exist lol

Which is exactly why I highly doubt Fallen Kingdom is a possibility.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the sets but Season 3 of CC was amazing, could definitely see the $30 set being the Visitor Center based on CC. 

yeah, i sort of doubt it will be FK. However, it may be based off of an animated TV series, like the 2019 sets. That's my guess.

Spoiler

I think the Baryonyx set might come with Tiff and Mitch's boat after all. Back in Season 2 it was incredibly unlikely as it only existed for Tiff's death scene but now that it's gotten such a large role in S3 I can see it happen.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think the Baryonyx set might come with Tiff and Mitch's boat after all. Back in Season 2 it was incredibly unlikely as it only existed for Tiff's death scene but now that it's gotten such a large role in S3 I can see it happen.

Haven’t watched Camp Cretaceous - is the boat a raft? A large 400-500 piece raft (depending on sidebuilds) could be quite a cool build especially since it won’t use the normal big boat pieces 

Also I definitely could see there being two CC sets and two normal JW sets with Owen - I don’t think there would a JP, JW and CC sets as that would be a very random wave even for Lego 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmm...that’s interesting...Well, thanks for sharing you thought wiht us. 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also I definitely could see there being two CC sets and two normal JW sets with Owen - I don’t think there would a JP, JW and CC sets as that would be a very random wave even for Lego 

I agree. It could be two CC sets. But what do you mean by “normal”? Are you talking about make-up like that Batmobile set from last year?

11 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Haven’t watched Camp Cretaceous - is the boat a raft? A large 400-500 piece raft (depending on sidebuilds) could be quite a cool build especially since it won’t use the normal big boat pieces 

It's a boat, if it was a raft I would've just called it a raft :tongue:

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's a boat, if it was a raft I would've just called it a raft :tongue:

With a floatable hull, also.

Interesting...

no Carnotaurus in season 3, so if these sets are Camp Cretaceous related, they might be season 1 or 2 related (also no Baryonyx attacking boat lol, no Stygimoloch, however there were Ouranosaurus and Monolophosaurus which were pretty cool! (Their existence was not explained))

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Interesting...

Hide contents

no Carnotaurus in season 3, so if these sets are Camp Cretaceous related, they might be season 1 or 2 related (also no Baryonyx attacking boat lol, no Stygimoloch, however there were Ouranosaurus and Monolophosaurus which were pretty cool! (Their existence was not explained))

That’s also interesting about the lack of certain species in CC seasons. You may be right about Season 1 or 2 for Carnotaurus Chase set but who knows. 

27 minutes ago, JLR said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/t-rex-and-triceratops-dinosaur-breakout-10939

here is a duplo set that is coming soon. i'm not into duplo, (obviously!), but it is still interesting. Never know, maybe this gives us some minor clues as to the actual lego 2021 sets....

That's a good point; this doesn't really look canon with any parts of the franchise, so maybe the sets could be as well?

Boy, I hope we get leaked images soon!

29 minutes ago, JLR said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/t-rex-and-triceratops-dinosaur-breakout-10939

here is a duplo set that is coming soon. i'm not into duplo, (obviously!), but it is still interesting. Never know, maybe this gives us some minor clues as to the actual lego 2021 sets....

The Duplo sets are completely seperate, can't really use them to look for "clues".

yeah i guess not. interestingly though, they usually release the duplo, (and juniors) along with the other sets. However, i guess not this year. yeah, lets hope the pictures come out soon. One other thing: do you think LEGO will make a scorpius rex? i've been hearing tons about this new hybird thing lol. I guess not this year. :classic: if the sets are as rumored to be, based off camp creataceous, then it's a possibility

28 minutes ago, JLR said:

yeah i guess not. interestingly though, they usually release the duplo, (and juniors) along with the other sets. However, i guess not this year. yeah, lets hope the pictures come out soon. One other thing: do you think LEGO will make a scorpius rex? i've been hearing tons about this new hybird thing lol. I guess not this year. :classic: if the sets are as rumored to be, based off camp creataceous, then it's a possibility

Already said it's 100% not happening this year and I'd eat my shoe if it happens next year.

3 hours ago, JLR said:

I think it is pretty unlikely... nothing is impossible, but it is very very unlikely.

yeah, and 2022 sets will be on dominion anyway. The only set that doesn't make sense to me is the stigamoloch set, beacause camp creataceous doesn't have that dinosaur as far as i know, (at least not yet). Everything else seems to go with the flow, if you know what i mean. :)