Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

With given set names, I would like to share my honest thoughts with you. 

I am little bit surprised that there is no mention of Raptor, Ptera or Dilo in these set names. However, we don’t have any description or image, we do not know if there would be Raptor in T-rex Fossil Escape at the moment). That’s all I wanted to say for today. 

I actually had an idea that a pterodactyl could be thrown into the Baryonix boat set, the same as the Gallimimus last year. 
 

personally I think two Baryonix being included in one set is really unlikely because of how big they are - I think the only precedent for two big identical moulded creatures would be the 2x raptor sets from 2015. Also a pterodactyl feels like it would really fit into a river set and match how Lego included two dinos in each set last year, a precedent I hope we see repeated 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

personally I think two Baryonix being included in one set is really unlikely because of how big they are - I think the only precedent for two big identical moulded creatures would be the 2x raptor sets from 2015. Also a pterodactyl feels like it would really fit into a river set and match how Lego included two dinos in each set last year, a precedent I hope we see repeated 

The PPR for this set is worse than last years Indominus vs Anky set though, which also contained 2 large dinosaurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I actually had an idea that a pterodactyl could be thrown into the Baryonix boat set, the same as the Gallimimus last year. 
 

Well, not exactly. Galliimimus’ name is mentioned in the set name last year, along with Pteranodon, tho...

But I honestly like your theory that Pteranodon may be threw in the Baryonyx Boat Escape tho.

 

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

personally I think two Baryonix being included in one set is really unlikely because of how big they are - I think the only precedent for two big identical moulded creatures would be the 2x raptor sets from 2015. Also a pterodactyl feels like it would really fit into a river set and match how Lego included two dinos in each set last year, a precedent I hope we see repeated 

You have a good point there. PPP is really odd and little weirder than I-rex vs Ankylo set. I guess, one large and one small dinosaurs should do fine. However, keep in mind, we do not have description for that set at the moment. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I was thinking the same thing, I imagined the style of the set layed out with the white background like all of the Lego official set reveals and thought of the Baryonyx standing next to each other, so I hope we get two Baryonyx, Grim and Limbo. (Btw in the show they mention they named the Baryonyx's after characters from a tv show, is that a real show?)

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The PPR for this set is worse than last years Indominus vs Anky set though, which also contained 2 large dinosaurs.

That just gives me hope lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This years sets are a let down as I was really hoping for a new spino this year for the 20th anniversary as I’m sure many other people were maybe we will get one next year with dominion but it is probably unlikely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

This years sets are a let down as I was really hoping for a new spino this year for the 20th anniversary as I’m sure many other people were maybe we will get one next year with dominion but it is probably unlikely 

I won’t call sets “letdown”...yet. I mean, we have no descriptions or images. Personally, I would be fine with recolored existing speices. I would be pleased if existing speices getting some updated molds (please kindly don’t quote me on it and I’m not trying to life your hope). 

Well, we never got the anniversary set for the Lost World. So if we got the anniveary set for Jurassic Park III this year, it won’t make sense. I mean, why skipping the Lost World? I would say it may be a big shame for lego to not make anniveary sets for Lost World and Jurassic Park III. 

However...we may get some cool new species from Dominion sets next year. We will see about it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

However...we may get some cool new species from Dominion sets next year. We will see about it. 

Yeah that’s true and I guess that is the upside as there will 100% be new moles and species plus who knows maybe they mistaked baryonx for spinosaurus and it is a 20th anniversary set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

[...] maybe they mistaked baryonx for spinosaurus and it is a 20th anniversary set

It’s in the set name though, there’s no room for errors like that :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

Yeah that’s true and I guess that is the upside as there will 100% be new moles and species plus who knows maybe they mistaked baryonx for spinosaurus and it is a 20th anniversary set

Already said that's not gonna be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 1:21 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

76939 - 129 pieces - 4+ Stygimoloch Dinosaur Escape - $39.99

Source material: made-up, Fallen Kingdom or Dominion inspired

76940 - 198 pieces - T. rex Dinosaur Fossil E(scape?) - $29.99
Source material: made-up, Jurassic Park or Dominion inspired

76941 - 240 pieces - Carnotaurus Dinosaur Cha(se?) - $49.99
Source material: made-up, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion inspired or Camp Cretaceous

76942 - 308 pieces - Baryonyx Dinosaur Boat E(scape?) - $79.99
Source material: made-up, Dominion inspired or Camp Cretaceous

  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_26.jpg

 

Lego_guyon02, can I ask if your source made the 'source material' or if you made it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Lego_guyon02, can I ask if your source made the 'source material' or if you made it?

We both did but it's nothing more than speculation, as noted in the actual post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We both did but it's nothing more than speculation, as noted in the actual post.

Do u have the images for the sets or just the descriptions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

Do u have the images for the sets or just the descriptions

This is not my place to take action but - why you are constantly asking Guyon about images? He won’t give the images or descriptions for his source’s sake. Or Guyon has his own reasons. 

These sets are scheduled to be released in September (I don’t know if it’s global release day tho). So let’s say - we may see some prelim pics may be leaked eventually this summer. Now please kindly do not quote me on it. 

That said, all we can do are: waiting. But waiting for official images or descriptions for a few months are not that fun tho. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

This is not my place to take action but - why you are constantly asking Guyon about images? He won’t give the images or descriptions for his source’s sake. Or Guyon has his own reasons. 

These sets are scheduled to be released in September (I don’t know if it’s global release day tho). So let’s say - we may see some prelim pics may be leaked eventually this summer. Now please kindly do not quote me on it. 

That said, all we can do are: waiting. But waiting for official images or descriptions for a few months are not that fun tho. 

Sorry I was just curious if he knows what is in the sets. 

Edited by Koolkoalas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego_guyon02, lol you were right, that egg with the eye was a baby crocodile from the City Wildlife set 60302 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think the wildlife city sets have some use for Jurassic World / dinosaur displays? There’s some really cool / useful pieces like the printed crocodile egg

Also the red and tan colour scheme of the vehicles is like a direct update of the old Dino Attack sets :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Does anyone else think the wildlife city sets have some use for Jurassic World / dinosaur displays? There’s some really cool / useful pieces like the printed crocodile egg

Also the red and tan colour scheme of the vehicles is like a direct update of the old Dino Attack sets :grin:

They're not useful to me personally in the JW context. The vehicle colorscheme is nice but doesn't fit with the park aesthetic imo. Only useful piece is the printed egg but the fact it's white and has such a cartoony print makes it useless to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

They're not useful to me personally in the JW context. The vehicle colorscheme is nice but doesn't fit with the park aesthetic imo. Only useful piece is the printed egg but the fact it's white and has such a cartoony print makes it useless to me.

Ah that’s fair enough. I’m personally not as interested in the Jurassic World franchise but I love dinosaurs and Lego molded animals so will probably just create a generic dinosaur / safari display. 
 

Also I watched the Camp Cretaceous trailers today, not just because of the potential sets this year but also because the Netflix series are very popular with kids - I definitely feel like there’ll be a lot of indirect dinosaur references like Bumpy from last year. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For anyone interested, one of the Jurassic World 2021 Duplo is now revealed

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

For anyone interested, one of the Jurassic World 2021 Duplo is now revealed

It would be amazing if a jurassic world duplo set is released without other sets following. Is there a possibility of the Jurassic World wave leak next week ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

Is there a possibility of the Jurassic World wave leak next week ?

No, too soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

No, too soon.

Question why do the jw sets always get revealed last?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Question why do the jw sets always get revealed last?

They don't. They just don't release until August/September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

Question why do the jw sets always get revealed last?

Always? They’ve been revealed along with the other themes in the last two years and at the NYTF in 2018 :wink: As @lego_guyon02 points out, what’s different this year is the release date (September instead of June)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City’s Wildlife Rescue sets are revealed officially. 

In my opinion, I think some sets are useful to build some small sceneries for Jurassic World. And that vehicles’ color schemes are good too. 

I could build my own zoo for extant creatures and dinosaurs, haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.