Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Oh my, that year would definitely be the best Lego Jurassic year ever. Now I wonder if all the sets were based on Dominion - if not, we may see some sets this year after all.

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There are more sets than that actually and their prices are also all known, they just haven't been reported on by anyone because most (if not all) Jurassic sets for 2021 have been delayed and rumors on what will and won't be released this year are fairly vague.

No, I suspect that there are many more than just nine set for 2021; I happen to only know of MPNs for nine. I've been told that we can expect two waves, and I know that 76944-76949 isn't even the entirety of "wave one" in the second half of the year.

It's likely that you and @Falconfan1414 are far and away aware of more detail regarding JW/JP for 2021 than I am; I just wanted to kick off the conversation with a quick briefing. All six of those USD prices that Falc listed are correct; they are sourced back to a big-box retailer here in the states.

EDIT: Falc already mentioned "two waves" in this thread. Confirmed. :)

15 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Why is that?Is it covid related?Either way it must suck for the SC fans.

It's a big "may not" - not a "not", but irrespective of likelihood it wouldn't be related to the 2020 pandemic as TLG scopes out production plans 2+ years prior to kits hitting the shelves. Supply chains can and will be affected well into this year; the number of sets that an entire line gets won't be.

For those who missed it: JWE is free on the Epic Games store untill the 7th. It's not an amazing game but I'd definetely recommend picking it up while it's free. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

For those who missed it: JWE is free on the Epic Games store untill the 7th. It's not an amazing game but I'd definetely recommend picking it up while it's free. 

Well, I got Jurassic World Evolution for Christmas. I will play it soon.

As Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time I recently decided to bite the bullet and get the 4 D2C-exclusive Jurassic Park figures and oh boy do I love them :wub: Malcolm is neat but I already had the Bricktober version so his figure didn't excite me too much, Hammond and Nedry are both fantastic and Ray Arnold is literally perfect. His figure has quite quickly become one of my favorite figures of all time!

The set itself might be horrible (at least imo) but it sure has some amazing figs. 

12 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

As Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time I recently decided to bite the bullet and get the 4 D2C-exclusive Jurassic Park figures and oh boy do I love them :wub: Malcolm is neat but I already had the Bricktober version so his figure didn't excite me too much, Hammond and Nedry are both fantastic and Ray Arnold is literally perfect. His figure has quite quickly become one of my favorite figures of all time!

The set itself might be horrible (at least imo) but it sure has some amazing figs. 

I bit that bullet last year! Didn't taste too bad though. :laugh: Still think that set is one of the most disappointing sets of all time. Probably because everyone was hyping up the fact it would be the Jurassic Park visitor centre. But for me personally, I just don't like brick built creatures.

Oh, and the lack of Jeep was a disaster! Lol.

33 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I bit that bullet last year! Didn't taste too bad though. :laugh: Still think that set is one of the most disappointing sets of all time. Probably because everyone was hyping up the fact it would be the Jurassic Park visitor centre. But for me personally, I just don't like brick built creatures.

honestly i love the set and it again shows how many take rumours too seriously it always  leads to disappointment , i admit i wasnt keen on the set at first but it really grew on me when i built it although my ian malcoms torso skin colour is a slight darker than his head

they could release the non spoiler sets for dominion in the winter waves

3 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Jeep? Are you talking the vehicle at the moment T-rex was loose? If so, then no, it’s not Jeep. It’s Ford Explorer, i believe. 

If you talk about the scene where Alan, Ellie and Malcolm witnessing Brachisaurus for a first time, then there’s Jeep...

Edited by DBlegonerd7

57 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Jeep? Are you talking the vehicle at the moment T-rex was loose? If so, then no, it’s not Jeep. It’s Ford Explorer, i believe. 

If you talk about the scene where Alan, Ellie and Malcolm witnessing Brachisaurus for a first time, then there’s Jeep...

Sorry, wasn't thinking... Explorer is the one I meant. But would love A Jeep too. :-)

6 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

honestly i love the set and it again shows how many take rumours too seriously it always  leads to disappointment , i admit i wasnt keen on the set at first but it really grew on me when i built it although my ian malcoms torso skin colour is a slight darker than his head

they could release the non spoiler sets for dominion in the winter waves

Expectations didn't really affect my disappointment, I just really do not like the set. I am a big fan of minifigure- and systemscale sets so the T-Rex is a waste of pieces imo, not to mention that the gate isn't any good either. The torches and signs are inaccurate and it's way too large to be used with minifigures. Not to mention that the gate and Rex aren't even in scale with one another.

Sure, I would've loved a Visitor Center but at it's core this D2C is really just one of the worst sets released in the last few years. But that's just my opinion.

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

They did want to include the Ford Explorer but couldn't due to licensing issues.

I think Jurassic Park: T-Rex Ramange is pretty neat. But I’m not interested in buying it. 

1.) The iconic gate is soooooo big. Even T-rex is sooooo large that it looks like it’s Godzilla to me. 

2.) the gate’s front is little plain and inaccurate. 

However, I am in love with minifigures alone. 

Now aside this, I’m not sure if we would get 20th annivsary of Jurassic Park III set. *cough* Spinosaurus figure is a MUST *cough*

While I would definitely be in favour of sets based on TLW and JP3, the latter frankly is not beloved enough to deserve anniversary sets :tongue: I enjoy it as a guilty pleasure, but it's usually people's least favourite installment for a reason and it's also on the bottom of my personal JP list. A remake of the Studios set from back in the day would still be neat since the Spino was undoubtedly the best thing to come out of it... along with "Alan" :laugh_hard:

25 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I would definitely be in favour of sets based on TLW and JP3, the latter frankly is not beloved enough to deserve anniversary sets :tongue: I enjoy it as a guilty pleasure, but it's usually people's least favourite installment for a reason and it's also on the bottom of my personal JP list. A remake of the Studios set from back in the day would still be neat since the Spino was undoubtedly the best thing to come out of it... along with "Alan" :laugh_hard:

Oh yeah that Studios set! I remember being confsued upon noticing Stun-Man figure instead of Alan, haha. 

But that set wast he best! I dunno if it would be remade for sure. 

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

While I'd love to get a bunch of JP3 sets just getting a Spinosaurus would already satisfy me. It has always been one of my favorite dinosaurs so I really need one :grin:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While I'd love to get a bunch of JP3 sets just getting a Spinosaurus would already satisfy me. It has always been one of my favorite dinosaurs so I really need one :grin:

Definitely! That’s whyI think Spinosaurs is a MUST to come in lego form! I am so in  love with LLucca’s Spinosaur artwork.

14 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They did want to include the Ford Explorer but couldn't due to licensing issues.

Just curious why would releasing a JP Ford Explorer be a licensing issue? They have the rights for JP. It's not like they need the rights from Ford. They could just make the vehicle in an Explorer's likeness, like they did with Hopper's Chevy Blazer in Stranger Things. I ask because I've been dying to have this vehicle for a long time. If there's no hope, then I'm just going to Bricklink the pieces for some cool designs I've seen online.

16 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Just curious why would releasing a JP Ford Explorer be a licensing issue? They have the rights for JP. It's not like they need the rights from Ford. They could just make the vehicle in an Explorer's likeness, like they did with Hopper's Chevy Blazer in Stranger Things. I ask because I've been dying to have this vehicle for a long time. If there's no hope, then I'm just going to Bricklink the pieces for some cool designs I've seen online.

I don't know the exact details but Mark Stafford (designer of the JP D2C) mentioned it in an interview somewhere. But I'd imagine Universal also had something to do with it. 

I know it's a very controversial opinion to have but imo this franchise would be much better off in Disney's hands. Looking at how Universal has treated this franchise over the last few years infuriates me :damn:

Well despite the fact that I keep my hopes low, I’m going to post a wishlist here for future JW/JP sets anyways.

1.) Spinosaurus 

2.) Parasaurolophus 

3.) Updated Caranotaruus/Toro (it’s unlikely tho)

4.) Baby Brachiosaurus (i don’t see that we would have a full-grown Braciosaurus)

5.) Mosasurus (seriously, we need marine reptile and it’s not a dinsoaur, for your record)

6.) Baby Pteranodon

7.) Stegosaurus (thanks to Ankylosaurus from last year, it could be possible to ahve Stegosaurus with a functional swinging tail)

8.) Giganotosaurus 

9.)  Baby Tyrannosaurus rex 

10.) Allosausurus 

11.) New Pterosaur

That’s my wishlist. :) 

My guess on the two waves would be one based on the movie, which will be delayed until next year, and season two of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. But the show comes out in 2 weeks so my guess is probably wrong. Maybe they have another mini movie LEGO cartoon thing later in the year.

ok this is unlikely but since dominion is supposed to be the final film in the franchise there may be sets based on iconic scenes in the franchise which meant we had sets based on the lost word and jurassic park 3

i know how far fetched the theory is but with how few memorable characters there was in the sequels they wouldnt have to do many new minifigures

7 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok this is unlikely but since dominion is supposed to be the final film in the franchise there may be sets based on iconic scenes in the franchise which meant we had sets based on the lost word and jurassic park 3

i know how far fetched the theory is but with how few memorable characters there was in the sequels they wouldnt have to do many new minifigures

It's not the final film in the franchise though, if Frank Marshall's words are to be believed. And even if it was the final film that wouldn't guarantee that LEGO stops producing sets immediately, Jurassic sells. 

It's also no secret that Universal tries to give the original films as little attention as possible, especially TLW and JPIII. So while there might be 2-3 JP Trilogy sets this/next year I wouldn't count on it.

Universal acts like most producers of entertainment do: the latest product is considered the most important. It’s unusual for brands to keep paying attention to older parts of any media franchise. Only Star Wars and Harry Potter really come to mind as exceptions to this rule. Marvel aren’t making (or overseeing other companies making) a lot of toys based on their earliest films at the moment. Universal, I think, is treating the Jurassic franchise quite similarly to the way most franchises are treated by most production houses. 

As for hearing how many sets had been planned for 2021 at one point: wow! Here’s hoping they will all come out sooner or later. I love the Jurassic franchise, and I can’t wait to see what will come in those sets. We can expect a few new dinosaurs, as there have been each year, so there is hope yet for some of the ones on everybody’s lists, I suppose.