Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

While that is a cool Idea for a set $80 is way cheaper then reasonably possible for that many dinos

I just mean a combination of TWO dinosaurs with any of these options, not ALL of them together... although that would be neat.

Just now, pancakecrocodile said:

I just mean a combination of TWO dinosaurs with any of these options, not ALL of them together... although that would be neat.

I still think that 2 of those size of dinosaurs is above that price range, based on the indominus vs ankylosaurus set we got last year

30 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Is this official?

Nope, just put the 2020 one in Photoshop and replaced it's main color.

8 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I still think that 2 of those size of dinosaurs is above that price range, based on the indominus vs ankylosaurus set we got last year

Then maybe just one large herbivore. Here's a revised version involving all of these options:

76941 - Ankylosaurus Encounter - $49.99 - 240 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Ankylosaurus, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Quad

76941 - Sinoceratops Encounter - $49.99 - 240 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Sinoceratops, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Quad

76941 - Parasaurolophus Encounter - $49.99 - 240 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Parasaurolophus, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Quad

76941 - Stegosaurus Encounter - $49.99 - 240 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Stegosaurus, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Quad

I'd want to save the 308 piece one for a potential large carnivore, like Ceratosaurus or Allosaurus (or an updated Toro), so I'd be inclined to pay $50 to $60 for one of these sets, if they included new dinosaurs :classic:

12 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

It's also around ~200-300 pieces less than that set so not unreasonable. The curious thing is that a few days ago he was complaining about the value of the Indominus vs Anky set even though the value of this suggestion is way worse :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, just put the 2020 one in Photoshop and replaced it's main color.

Wow, you did a good job! You had me fooled for a second! :laugh_hard:

It was a cool set overall, with new dinosaurs and okay play value, I just bought the dinosaurs individually. It makes sense that they would charge $100 for it, I just wanted the dinosaurs. :shrug_confused: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

If there is a new Pteranodon in one of these sets (most likely 76939), what color would you guys like to see? Personally I'd like to see a JP 3 variant with movie-accurate skin tone.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just finished CC S2. Would love to get another Ankylosaurus this year, this time recolored for adult Bumpy:

Screenshot_9.jpg

BTW, is Cerato the new bad guy? Toro is definitely unforgettable, but I just can't see him appearing in any of the new sets if they are for Camp C. I think Cerato would be a little more likely unless they update Toro to be smaller.

45 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

BTW, is Cerato the new bad guy? Toro is definitely unforgettable, but I just can't see him appearing in any of the new sets if they are for Camp C. I think Cerato would be a little more likely unless they update Toro to be smaller.

Spoiler

There is no new villain-dinosaur. The villains in S2 are hunters. 

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There is no new villain-dinosaur. The villains in S2 are hunters. 

Oh. I was kinda hoping Cerato would get some love, because if we were to see any new carnivores this year, that would be my preference. An Allosaurus would be cool as well, but I don't know what it would look like.

Oh. I was kinda hoping Cerato would get some love, because if we were to see any new carnivores this year, that would be my preference. An Allosaurus would be cool as well, but I don't know what it would look like.

Spoiler

It really doesn't do much more than it did in JP3. Doubt LEGO will make it.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It really doesn't do much more than it did in JP3. Doubt LEGO will make it.

Too bad. Maybe an updated Carnotaurus if it is Camp C? I can't think of any other large carnivores (except Rex, Indominus, and Bary) that are in CC... maybe a new large herbivore for 76942?

Too bad. Maybe an updated Carnotaurus if it is Camp C? I can't think of any other large carnivores (except Rex, Indominus, and Bary) that are in CC... maybe a new large herbivore for 76942?

Who said they're CC sets?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Who said they're CC sets?

Just a postulated estimate. I don't know what it is, but I would like to see CC sets soon. That means more herbivores (probably) and a possible rejuvenated raptor from 2015 for us.

What would you like to see most, even though you already know the sets, or are you happy with the dinosaurs in this line?

Just a postulated estimate. I don't know what it is, but I would like to see CC sets soon. That means more herbivores (probably) and a possible rejuvenated raptor from 2015 for us.

I'd like to see CC sets as well but the most likely scenario is still just more random made-up sets.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd like to see CC sets as well but the most likely scenario is still just more random made-up sets.

I hope make-up sets gonna be good this year....

Assuming most of the 2nd HY sets for mostly all of the themes have been officially announced, its only a matter of time (not long) we get detailed information for Jurassic, if not even pictures. And seeing that in the last few weeks we got pics for some themes, I’m gonna assume the secrecy is due to this wave relation to CC season 2 content, if that makes any sense. I might be expressing my own wishes out loud here...

28 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Assuming most of the 2nd HY sets for mostly all of the themes have been officially announced, its only a matter of time (not long) we get detailed information for Jurassic, if not even pictures. And seeing that in the last few weeks we got pics for some themes, I’m gonna assume the secrecy is due to this wave relation to CC season 2 content, if that makes any sense. I might be expressing my own wishes out loud here...

Nothing beyond march has been officially announced and the secrecy isn't any different than past years.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nothing beyond march has been officially announced and the secrecy isn't any different than past years.

Oh well... okay. When are we expecting this wave? Is it May, 2nd HY...?

2 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Oh well... okay. When are we expecting this wave? Is it May, 2nd HY...?

Could be june but it's most likely august.

Depends if TLG are able (or willing) to shift their production schedules. The now delayed first wave would have been released in spring (probably late April like the FK sets 3 years ago), so an August release for the second wave (now our only wave this year) would have made sense. From TLG’s perspective, I personally don‘t see a reason to prepone the sets :shrug_oh_well:

I'm curious as to see if 76941 includes a new ceratopsian (sinoceratops, nasutoceratops), like 5885 in the Dino line in 2012. It would of course be $49.99 for only 240 pieces, but hey, I just buy the dinosaurs if I don't like the set. It wouldn't be too big, but if these sets were based on CC, that is what I might expect Lego to make. :wacko:

I'd still want to save 76942 for a potential large carnivore, just for nostalgia's sake.

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'm curious as to see if 76941 includes a new ceratopsian (sinoceratops, nasutoceratops), like 5885 in the Dino line in 2012. It would of course be $49.99 for only 240 pieces, but hey, I just buy the dinosaurs if I don't like the set. It wouldn't be too big, but if these sets were based on CC, that is what I might expect Lego to make. :wacko:

I'd still want to save 76942 for a potential large carnivore, just for nostalgia's sake.

My curiosity grows intense over time about 76941 and 76942 sets. I want to know waht kind of dinosaurs will be included in these sets sooner! :) I mean....waiting until the official relegation will make me crazy. Of course sets may be released between June and August.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

My curiosity grows intense over time about 76941 and 76942 sets. I want to know waht kind of dinosaurs will be included in these sets sooner! :) I mean....waiting until the official relegation will make me crazy. Of course sets may be released between June and August.

I know! I wonder if they are going to do an anniversary set for BaBR for 76942, like they did with Indominus vs. Ankylosaurus. It is unlikely, but if they did, here's how it would look:

76942: Battle at Big Rock - $79.99 - 308 pieces - 4 Minifigs (plus the Baby), 1 Allosaurus, 1 Nasutoceratops, 1 Baby Nasutoceratops, 1 RV, 1 Falling Tree, 1 Cookout Stove

Knowing Lego, the price would be around $70 or $80 (depending if they use a Baryonyx body for the Allo), but I would just buy the dinos separately.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, pancakecrocodile said:

I know! I wonder if they are going to do an anniversary set for BaBR for 76942, like they did with Indominus vs. Ankylosaurus. It is unlikely, but if they did, here's how it would look:

76942: Battle at Big Rock - $79.99 - 308 pieces - 4 Minifigs (plus the Baby), 1 Allosaurus, 1 Nasutoceratops, 1 Baby Nasutoceratops, 1 RV, 1 Falling Tree, 1 Cookout Stove

Knowing Lego, the price would be around $70 or $80 (depending if they use a Baryonyx body for the Allo), but I would just buy the dinos separately.

Definitely unlikely to have Battle at Big Rock set but I would LOVE to have one. Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops figures would be so awesome! I saw Lucca’s designs last year. Allosaurus and Nasautoceratops are spot on.

And I have been wondering about anniversary stuff either. Jurassic Park III movie will be 20 years old this year but I dont’ think we will get an anniversary set this year?

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Definitely unlikely to have Battle at Big Rock set but I would LOVE to have one. Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops figures would be so awesome! I saw Lucca’s designs last year. Allosaurus and Nasautoceratops are spot on.

And I have been wondering about anniversary stuff either. Jurassic Park III movie will be 20 years old this year but I dont’ think we will get an anniversary set this year?

Lucca is indomitably the best! Although if Lego made an Allosaurus, an Indominus body would not look very good on one. I would rather go with a Baryonyx or new body.

If we do get an anniversary set (like 75932 and 75941) it probably won't be too big, considering the largest set is only $50 or $60. But I would love to get a Spinosaurus as a JP 3 set!