Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The character I'd like to see as a minifig is Donald Gennaro. I guess the T-Rex Rampage set is a missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, Arutha said:

The character I'd like to see as a minifig is Donald Gennaro. I guess the T-Rex Rampage set is a missed opportunity.

How could i forget about the poor layer?! I would love to see him coming into minifigure form too.

Universal actively tries to ignore the original films and the D2C flopped hard so I wouldn't expect any more JP Trilogy sets. If we do get moreĀ I'll be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

Gennaro would be a fun minifig to get, but Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re willing to release a minifig based on a character whoā€™s bestĀ known for hisĀ death sceneĀ :grin:Ā Sure, a lot of other JPĀ characters that did get the minifig treatment also have iconic deaths, but they at least have something else going for them on top of thatĀ (Nedryā€™s screensaver, his dialogue with Dodgson, everything leading up to his death, or Arnoldā€™s lines and the fact heā€™s played by Samuel L. Jackson).

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Gennaro would be a fun minifig to get, but Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™re willing to release a minifig based on a character whoā€™s bestĀ known for hisĀ death sceneĀ :grin:Ā Sure, a lot of other JPĀ characters that did get the minifig treatment also have iconic deaths, but they at least have something else going for them on top of thatĀ (Nedryā€™s screensaver, his dialogue with Dodgson, everything leading up to his death, or Arnoldā€™s lines and the fact heā€™s played by Samuel L. Jackson).

But Arnold got killed by raptor and he was included in T-rex Ramaage? The infamous scene where Ellie found that poor manā€™s severed arm.Ā 

EDIT: never mind, I read too fast. Sorry! Wel... Since Voldemortā€™s set doesnā€™t include Cedric but we do get Cedric from HP Series 1. There is nothing to stop us to put Cedric in Voldemortā€™s Rise set and use our imagination. I mean of course Lego is tending to avoid any tragedies deaths or dark scenes. So we have Arnold and Nerdy.Ā 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looking at the stuff LEGO has made these past few years (Stranger Things, Colosseum and the upcoming Titanic for example) I wouldn't say that's a problem. The problem here is Universal.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at the stuff LEGO has made these past few years (Stranger Things, Colosseum and the upcoming Titanic for example) I wouldn't say that's a problem. The problem here is Universal.Ā 

Iā€™m not sure if I see your point about Universalā€™s problem?Ā 

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Iā€™m not sure if I see your point about Universalā€™s problem?Ā 

Universal wants to focus on World as much as possible, they've done so for the last 5 years.Ā 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Universal wants to focus on World as much as possible, they've done so for the last 5 years.Ā 

Ahhhhhhh, ok i understand your point now!

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Well, they've done a pretty good job on it, since they make so much money off of it; a good marketing ploy, if I may say so myself.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Isnā€™t that the normĀ though? Studios highlighting current instalments over past ones only makes senseĀ :shrug_oh_well:Ā And I donā€™t think the original JP is ignored, they are well aware of its status. AndĀ there were plenty of nods to it too,Ā especiallyĀ in JW.Ā 

Granted, TLW and JP3 are pretty much ignored, but can you really blame them?Ā :innocent:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Trevorrow confirmed CC S3. Fingers crossed we get some CC sets soon.

Great news, I canā€™t wait for tomorrow. I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if this yearā€™s four sets were CC based. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just arenā€™t really based on anything. I still hold out hope for Legacy sets

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Great news, I canā€™t wait for tomorrow. I wouldnā€™t be at all surprised if this yearā€™s four sets were CC based. I also wouldnā€™t be surprised if they just arenā€™t really based on anything. I still hold out hope for Legacy sets

I hope so. I'd go nuts for a set with the grey/red CC truck and a Sinoceratops.Ā 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Thatā€™s a good news for Season 3! Letā€™s cross fingers and toes for CC sets!Ā 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Awesome news! Now keep the sets comingĀ 

10 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Awesome news! Now keep the sets comingĀ 

Letā€™s hope so. More new dinosaurs, more better!

17 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Universal actively tries to ignore the original films and the D2C flopped hard so I wouldn't expect any more JP Trilogy sets. If we do get moreĀ I'll be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

If they are actively ignoring the orignal films why are they bringing back the old characters for dominion?

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I'm still convinced that this year we will see the Jeep Wrangler. They have the Jeep license (the Technic set) and Mattel is going to release a set with the Jeep, Nedry and the dilo.

Ā 

If this new wave is Camp Cretaceous, here are my thoughts...

76939 - Pteranodon Attack - $19.99 - 129 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Pteranodon, 1 Small Building, 1 Quad

76940 - Velociraptor Seige - $29.99 - 198 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Velociraptor (Maybe a rejuvenated Blue, Delta, Charlie, or Echo?), 1 Small Building, 1 Collapsing Cage Wall

76941 - Sinoceratops Encounter - $49.99 - 240 pieces - 2 Minifigs, 1 Sinoceratops, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Outpost Building

76942 - Toro's Escape - $59.99 - 308 pieces - 3 Minifigs, 1 (Updated) Carnotaurus, 1 Large Enclosure, 1 Red/Grey Vehicle Thing

OR...

76942 - Ceratosaurus Breakout - $59.99 - 308 pieces - 3 Minifigs, 1 Ceratosaurus, 1 Large Enclosure, 1 Red/Grey Vehicle Thing

I unfortunately have not seen Camp C yet, but I hope to soon, and I am just going off of what I know.

Edited by pancakecrocodile
P.S. These are only speculative

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

If they are actively ignoring the orignal films why are they bringing back the old characters for dominion?

I was obviously talking about merchandising.

Spoiler

Just finished CC S2. Would love to get another Ankylosaurus this year, this time recolored for adult Bumpy:

Screenshot_9.jpg

Ā 

Edited by Guyon2002

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:
Ā  Hide contents

Just finished CC S2. Would love to get another Ankylosaurus this year, this time recolored for adult Bumpy:

Screenshot_9.jpg

Ā 

Is this official? I hope so! But I could stand to see more details on another one. The only details on the last one were only on the head and legs. Wish there were some on the flank. Hey, I just got an idea...

76942 - Dinosaur Stampede - $79.99 - 308 pieces - 2 Minifigs, A combination of either Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Sinoceratops, or Stegosaurus, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Jeep or Quad

I think that price and amount of pieces for what you get are fair. I would just buy it for the dinos (as would everyone else, probably).

4 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Is this official? I hope so! But I could stand to see more details on another one. The only details on the last one were only on the head and legs. Wish there were some on the flank. Hey, I just got an idea...

76942 - Dinosaur Stampede - $79.99 - 308 pieces - 2 Minifigs, A combination of either Ankylosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Sinoceratops, or Stegosaurus, 1 Gyrosphere, 1 Small Building, 1 Jeep or Quad

I think that price and amount of pieces for what you get are fair. I would just buy it for the dinos (as would everyone else, probably).

While that is a cool Idea for a set $80 is way cheaper then reasonably possible for that many dinos