Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

First look at Chris Pratt in Dominion:

The marketing for this movie is heating up, and I feel like we'll get the first trailer soon enough. 

Surprised we won't get a trailer with NWH, you would think they would want it to be attached to the biggest film of this year. 

Looks incredible, good to see the Para get some more love!

11 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Surprised we won't get a trailer with NWH, you would think they would want it to be attached to the biggest film of this year. 

Way too soon, the gap between the first trailer and release of Hollywood movies has become a lot smaller since the start of the pandemic. Fantastic Beasts releases in april and only just got a trailer, Doctor Strange releases in may and doesn't have one yet.

32 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Marketing for movies works differently now.

They get trailers around 4 months before they release, it works better during COVID.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Marketing for movies works differently now.

They get trailers around 4 months before they release, it works better during COVID.

Well, not all movies work like that. Lightyear got a trailer last month. That comes out in May. 

18 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Well, not all movies work like that. Lightyear got a trailer last month. That comes out in May. 

It's an animated movie.

They suffered from COVID more than live-action ones, as the target audience is the whole family, so the tactic is also different.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's an animated movie.

They suffered from COVID more than live-action ones, as the target audience is the whole family, so the tactic is also different.

I am not sure which is worse suffering for animated or live-action? I think live-action ones suffer most. Just saying. 

Anyways, I wonder if we would get Parasaurlophus next year? Probably not….

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Family films are what performed best during the height of the pandemic until recently, when still young-skewing movies generally out perform older skewing ones. The Croods 2 for instance did fantastically at the box office and stuck around for ages in the US. Plus animated films do really well on PVOD and streaming because parents are always looking for a fix.

This is a bit tangential to Jurassic now though. They'll release a trailer when it's ready. Perhaps not enough effects are done.

42 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Perhaps not enough effects are done.

I thought they had completely finished the film and were just waiting until June to release it? But who knows, they can have their own tactics for releasing a trailer to get the best revenue or whatever.

15 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I thought they had completely finished the film and were just waiting until June to release it? But who knows, they can have their own tactics for releasing a trailer to get the best revenue or whatever.

Oh, I have no idea. I don't follow this franchise. The marketers always have their tactics.

Ok so if new sets will be released in April 2022, I am assuming we will see some leaked glimpses between January and March 2022.Due to the serious ompircorn COVID surge, I don’t think toy fair would be likely for us to see some sets. 

Regardless of toy fair,  I am quite looking forward for a leak season!

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Regardless of toy fair,  I am quite looking forward for a leak season!

Indeed, I am excited for it lol

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With all the different settings this movie has, I hope we get a variety of Owen Grady variants.

While I do appreciate variants I would much rather see as many characters as possible get represented. This movie has a huge cast.