Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

100% agree. Spent most of the show browsing the web, which really sucked as i was looking forward to it so much. We definitely know what will be the new bumpy in future sets. Also, there is a particular cat i now want from the LEGO city theme to go with my dinos now. Still need to track down a Yaz minifigure, but there are none on Bricklink in Australia and still really dont want the set she is in.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Season 4 of Camp Cretaceous is the worst season so far but there's definitely some good potential for LEGO sets.

What a shame. 

I, on the other hand, really liked this season.

It also has a huge set potential too. I would love a set with baby dinos, especially the hybrid (it's really hard to name it, as there's just a one-letter difference in the names of the DNA providers) :grin:

I really hope this increases the chances of Spinosaurus showing up in a set.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I, on the other hand, really liked this season.

It also has a huge set potential too. I would love a set with baby dinos, especially the hybrid (it's really hard to name it, as there's just a one-letter difference in the names of the DNA providers) :grin:

I really hope this increases the chances of Spinosaurus showing up in a set.

Spinoceratops sounds good enough lol

I think this season was, Strange, it was ok, the robots are just...

11 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hide contents

Spinoceratops sounds good enough lol

I think this season was, Strange, it was ok, the robots are just...

I dunno why my brain forgot the ceratops part :tongue:

It just thought Sino, Spino... nah, that won't work.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I dunno why my brain forgot the ceratops part :tongue:

It just thought Sino, Spino... nah, that won't work.

Lol 

16 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Season 4 of Camp Cretaceous is the worst season so far but there's definitely some good potential for LEGO sets.

Yeah I'm in episode 4-5... not enough dinosaurs.

I love how they are expanding the Jurassic universe and giving more backstory and more dinosaurs everywhere thing going on.

But the first two episodes barely had dinosaurs. I'm actually fine with the robots if they are in the new movie.

Yeah, I do hope this would increase a chance of getting Spinosaurus in one of these sets in future.

I mean….Spinosaurus has a crocodile-like snout and a sail on its back! I want my collection to be diverse….

Considering the extent of Spinosaurus' role in Season 4 I think our best shot at getting the species is still a Jurassic Park 3 set. There's a pretty lengthy list of species far more relevant to the series.

Not sorry for ending this.

This is a Lego discussion forum—stick to Lego discussion.

ONLY 

Thank you. 

Speaking of Jurassic Park 3….

This is my 100% pure speculation.

Since Jurassic Park 3’s 20th annivsary is this year, we don’t get any JP3 sets at all. We probably would get 25th anniveary set for JP3 with Spinosaurus in future.

But… Dominion is scheduled to be released in June 2022, I’m not certain we will have more sets after 2023 at this point. 

With Camp Cretaceous, I think it may be a good chance we would get Spinosaurus instead of a JP3 set, in my own opinion. 

I repeat - this is my speculation.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

We finally have a new image of Jurassic World: Dominion, featuring Claire hiding from a Therizinosaurus in the forest seen in one of the earliest BTS shots from last year.

Claire looks great, Hermione's Y1-2 hair would definitely be a good fit. Theri would also really cool to get!

14 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We finally have a new image of Jurassic World: Dominion, featuring Claire hiding from a Therizinosaurus in the forest seen in one of the earliest BTS shots from last year.

Claire looks great, Hermione's Y1-2 hair would definitely be a good fit. Theri would also really cool to get!

Just watch LEGO use a common hairpiece that completely doesn't fit her hairstyle. 

BTS?

anyone think we could get more Camp cretaceous sets? i have gotten every single set except for the Baryonyx one from the 2021 wave....... but perhaps it's going to be dominion sets next!

Edited by JLR

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

BTS?

Behind the scenes.

4 minutes ago, JLR said:

anyone think we could get more Camp cretaceous sets? i have gotten every single set except for the Baryonyx one from the 2021 save....... but perhaps it's going to be dominion sets next!

There is potential for more sets but wether or not we'll get any will pretty much completely depend on wether or not this theme will continue after Dominion. I definitely wouldn't expect to see any in 2022.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Behind the scenes.

There is potential for more sets but wether or not we'll get any will pretty much completely depend on wether or not this theme will continue after Dominion. I definitely wouldn't expect to see any in 2022.

do you mean the whole Jurassic World Theme itself is gonna stop!?! oh no that's too bad. However, i am pretty sure folks are saying that there will be more after Dominion, so yeah.

3 minutes ago, JLR said:

do you mean the whole Jurassic World Theme itself is gonna stop!?! oh no that's too bad. However, i am pretty sure folks are saying that there will be more after Dominion, so yeah.

I'm not saying the theme will definitely stop after Dominion, I'm saying it's a real possibility that shouldn't be ruled out. 

I'm not saying the theme will definitely stop after Dominion, I'm saying it's a real possibility that shouldn't be ruled out. 

I’m not sure if it does matter but there will be a live-action TV show as I heard some unofficial rumors. It may run the franchise a bit more, I dunno….

But yeah, it’s real possibility that they would cointinue Jurasic World theme after Dominion wave. We will see. 

So a JW fan page has speculated the therizanosaurus is in that picture: if it gets a whole scene in the film (like the Baryonyx or Stygomoloch did in FK) do you guys think there’s a higher chance it’s included in a set?

Im imagining the indo/Bary body and legs with a new head and hand molds :moar:

Also here’s my list of my anticipated dino designs in the film that could be figures: 

- Giganotosaurus 

- Pyroraptor 

- Therizinosaurus 

-the white antagonist raptor 

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

So a JW fan page has speculated the therizanosaurus is in that picture: if it gets a whole scene in the film (like the Baryonyx or Stygomoloch did in FK) do you guys think there’s a higher chance it’s included in a set?

Im imagining the indo/Bary body and legs with a new head and hand molds :moar:

There's really nothing to speculate about, besides Colin himself confirming it's a Therizinosaurus you can also quite clearly see it's signature claws :wink: I do hope LEGO will make it but we have no idea how much of a presence this species will have in the film. As for the parts you suggested I think they could use the legs but that body is definitely not going to do the job as Therizinosaurus is much chunkier, shorter and will most likely have feathers.

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

will most likely have feathers.

Maybe but ingen dinos typically have no feathers and are more scaly and also size inaccurate such as the velociraptor is too big and the dilo is too small so we really have no idea how it will look in the movie never mind the lego. also how would they do feathers on lego?