Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Interesting how the prologue differs a little from the one shown in theatres, gotta love Giacchino's new score though :wub_drool:

It doesn't really make me more excited for the sets than I already was (I doubt many fans waited for Universal to release the prologue online) but I'm more than ready to go all out on the Dominion wave.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Interesting how the prologue differs a little from the one shown in theatres, gotta love Giacchino's new score though :wub_drool:

It doesn't really make me more excited for the sets than I already was (I doubt many fans waited for Universal to release the prologue online) but I'm more than ready to go all out on the Dominion wave.

Giacchino is on fire with No Way Home, The Batman and Dominion all coming out within half a year :moar:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Giacchino is on fire with No Way Home, The Batman and Dominion all coming out within half a year :moar:

Definitely looking forward to his scores! One of my favourite composers next to John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Ludwig Göransson, and Alexandre Desplat. He's lucky all of these movies have been moved, otherwise he would have had a VERY busy couple of months. Then again, he somehow managed to compose the score of Rogue One in a month or so and he had already composed the main theme for The Batman before they started shooting, if memory serves me well *oh2*

Hopefully this new video means the marketing campaign starts soon, I want to see the big three in their new costumes! :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely looking forward to his scores! One of my favourite composers next to John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Ludwig Göransson, and Alexandre Desplat. He's lucky all of these movies have been moved, otherwise he would have had a VERY busy couple of months. Then again, he somehow managed to compose the score of Rogue One in a month or so and he had already composed the main theme for The Batman before they started shooting, if memory serves me well *oh2*

Hopefully this new video means the marketing campaign starts soon, I want to see the big three in their new costumes! :thumbup:

They used The Batman theme for his suit reveal in February 2020 *huh*

I love dinosaurs, but I also really want to see how human characters will look in this movie. Gimme another Owen Grady LEGO :tongue:

I’m not sure what is the “score” stuff? Is it really relating to Lego or….?

Anyway, I’m so excited about Dominon movie AND its lego sets! 2021 is drawn to its end pretty quickly and so are the release dates coming up in 2022. 

Hopefully leak season will begin in mid-February but we will see….

56 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure what is the “score” stuff? Is it really relating to Lego or….?

Anyway, I’m so excited about Dominon movie AND its lego sets! 2021 is drawn to its end pretty quickly and so are the release dates coming up in 2022. 

Hopefully leak season will begin in mid-February but we will see….

It's not, but it's also not like we have anything related to LEGO to talk about.

So I’m feeling quite confident that the Giga will have a new head mold, but does anyone else think that the spikes on its back should mean there will be a new body mold too? 

49 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

So I’m feeling quite confident that the Giga will have a new head mold, but does anyone else think that the spikes on its back should mean there will be a new body mold too? 

Should it be a new mold? Yes.

Will it be a new mold? Not sure, I could easily see LEGO reuse the Indominus body considering how cheap they often are :def_shrug:

Will it be a new mold? Not sure, I could easily see LEGO reuse the Indominus body considering how cheap they often are :def_shrug:

Agreed. I won’t be surprised to see i-rex body being reused.

23 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah I did wonder considering the Indominus body was used for the carnatosaur of all things! 

I’m still annoyed they did not use the indoraptor / Baryonix piece 

25 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Yeah I did wonder considering the Indominus body was used for the carnatosaur of all things! 

I’m still annoyed they did not use the indoraptor / Baryonix piece 

To be fair the Indominus body was definitely the best existing piece for the Carno. The Indoraptor's bodysize is near perfect of course but the shaping looks nothing like a Carno.

To be fair the Indominus body was definitely the best existing piece for the Carno.

I personally disagree - I think I-rex body is too big for Carnotaurus. But i don’t know what you mean by “was”, a past tense…

I can’t remember if that standard theropod legs for T-rex and Carnotaurus tho.I haven’t compared them in ages. 

But i guess Lego doesn’t care about accurate stuff regarding creatures.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

59 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hang on, Jurassic World 4 is already in development!!??!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtn-5jlwIX/?utm_medium=copy_link

Eh, I’m not sure if I should believe this…

I mean if Jurassic World: Dominion would have a successful box office or the franchise would be still popular since 1993, then the sequel/spin-off would be green-lit. 

But it’s awfully early for the next sequel since Jurassic World: Dominion is not released yet until June 2022. 

However, i will let anyone say something if I am wrong. I mean I’m not a film expert myself. 

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I personally disagree - I think I-rex body is too big for Carnotaurus. But i don’t know what you mean by “was”, a past tense…

I already said it's too big but unlike the Indoraptor body the Indominus one actually has a good shape for the Carnotaurus. Also not sure why you're questioning my grammar, they designed the Carno in 2017/2018 so "was" is perfectly fine.

I already said it's too big but unlike the Indoraptor body the Indominus one actually has a good shape for the Carnotaurus. Also not sure why you're questioning my grammar, they designed the Carno in 2017/2018 so "was" is perfectly fine.

Ok, got you.

Well…we have Toro the Carno this year. It’s not exactly “was”. The I-rex body is still reused for Carnotaurus. I didn’t mean to police your grammar - I only. misunderstood from what I read. But now I got what you meant to say by “developed Carno in 2017”.

English is just weird for me.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:06 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

You’re forgetting the king of them all: Howard Shore

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You’re forgetting the king of them all: Howard Shore

Whoops, forgot about him. Not overly familiar with his scores outside of LOTR, The Hobbit, Hugo, and Ed Wood :grin: Definitely a noteworthy composer too

13 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Hang on, Jurassic World 4 is already in development!!??!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWtn-5jlwIX/?utm_medium=copy_link

I thought they were marketing JWD as the final entry in the series? Or are they pulling a Kingdom Hearts III here and it’s just the finale of the current arc? :tongue:

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I thought they were marketing JWD as the final entry in the series? Or are they pulling a Kingdom Hearts III here and it’s just the finale of the current arc? :tongue:

Arc finale sounds more likely to me, we’re talking about millions of dollars here :grin:

25 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Ohhhh Kingdom Hears III! Good point you made. 

Anyways, i guess JWD is the “final” chapter of Jurasic World trilogy and “new era” chapter will open up? I dunno.

I mean, if this jw4 'leak', (if that's what you call it) is real, it is possible to be anything. Even a prequel, remember that Hammond tv show pitch, that would be cool. I don't know, still cool and glad there's something to suggest the inevitable survival of this beloved franchise.

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I mean, if this jw4 'leak', (if that's what you call it) is real, it is possible to be anything. Even a prequel, remember that Hammond tv show pitch, that would be cool. I don't know, still cool and glad there's something to suggest the inevitable survival of this beloved franchise.

Hammond tv show? You mean that live-action TV show?

and I can’t find info on Jurassic World 4 (via Google) at the moment, only I can see Camp Createous Season 4. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hammond tv show? You mean that live-action TV show?

and I can’t find info on Jurassic World 4 (via Google) at the moment, only I can see Camp Createous Season 4. 

Yeah, it was just a pitch.

Makes sense lol

I think 'Jurassic World 4' can be interpreted in the same way as people were talking about Jurassic Park 4.

Dominion will finish the trilogy, but it's obvious they won't abandon this universe. DanielRPK is very reliable too.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN