Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Build the Toro set yesterday, definitely one of the best sets we've gotten in the last few years. Owen is a boring repeat but Kenji and Sammy are pretty well made aside from the legs, Toro simply looks incredible. The CC truck looks great despite some of the color inaccuracies and was overall just fun to build. I was also pleasantly surprised with the helicopter as it was fun to build and actually looks fantastic for what it is, which says a lot considering I rarely like vehicle sidebuilds. Now I just have to wait for the BL prices for the other campers to go down to a reasonable level as I'm not interested in the other sets. 

I was about going to ask anyone about their thoughts on the Camp Cretaceous sets. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and I appreciate it!

As someone who is just now getting around to watching Camp Cretaceous, I really hate how the costumes are the “pristine” versions and not any disheveled versions, considering how quickly they become dirty and damaged.

As big as the wave is, does anyone think all of the sets will be just Dominion-based, or will there be some creative liberties, including dinosaurs not technically in the movie like the last two films did? I for one would love to see a Scorpius Rex included somewhere, even though it’s obviously not going to be in the film.

5 hours ago, BaneShake said:

As big as the wave is, does anyone think all of the sets will be just Dominion-based, or will there be some creative liberties, including dinosaurs not technically in the movie like the last two films did? I for one would love to see a Scorpius Rex included somewhere, even though it’s obviously not going to be in the film.

As usual with new movie sets they'll be based on concept art so naturally there are going to be several sets that aren't based on anything we see in the final film but I wouldn't expect any dinosaurs from completely different properties (like CC's Scorpios) to appear in any of them. If we get any dinosaurs that don't appear in Dominion they'll be dinosaurs that were supposed to appear in the movie at some point during production, similar to how we got a Dilophosaurus in the Fallen Kingdom sets despite it's 2 scenes being cut from the movie. 

Even tho it’s not international….I just want to say Happy National Fossil Day from Ameirca! :)

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Even tho it’s not international….I just want to say Happy National Fossil Day from Ameirca! :)

I guess that would be yesterday for me lol, happy fossil day!

Hardly news and definitely far from exciting but there's some kind of activity book coming next year with 2 Dominion figures.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

[…] coming next year with 2 Dominion figures.

Hmmm, I wonder who those two might be …  :poke:

Seriously though, what is with TLG’s obsession with Claire and Owen :head_back: It’s like they’re STILL punishing us for complaining about the 2015 JW wave where they were both stuck in the same set 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hardly news and definitely far from exciting but there's some kind of activity book coming next year with 2 Dominion figures.

Interesting, source?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Owen and an ACU Trooper :tongue:

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Owen and an ACU Trooper :tongue:

Oh, Interesting. I would've assumed they were Owen and Claire or something lol. 

Btw is there an image or..?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Oh, Interesting. I would've assumed they were Owen and Claire or something lol. 

Btw is there an image or..?

Lol no, that was a joke.

@Falconfan1414 confirmed that 76944, the 50€ set, is actually 4+. Forgot that some of those sets might be 4+... do we know which ones are also 4+?

I'd say that seeing as before 76945 (which is 20€, and from there prices go up with set numbers) we've got 2 sets, 20€ and 50€ respectively, those 2 might be 4+. Looking at 76943 piece count, 94 pieces, with a 20€ price, it would make sense for it to also be 4+. I hope those 2 would be the only ones.

76944 is also listed on Amazon (which confirms it being 4+) as the only set, but the date here is April 17th 2022. Might this be when they'll release those those sets? It's oddly specific.

Netflix has updated their Camp Cretaceous banner to the Season 4 one, showing off 

Spoiler

the kids running from the Spinosaurus, drones and a robot dog. If LEGO never does JPIII we can at least hope to get a Spinosaurus through CC, hopefully sometime in 2023.

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Netflix has updated their Camp Cretaceous banner to the Season 4 one, showing off 

Hide contents

the kids running from the Spinosaurus, drones and a robot dog. If LEGO never does JPIII we can at least hope to get a Spinosaurus through CC, hopefully sometime in 2023.

Can’t wait.

9 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

@lego_guyon02 um I would just like to say I told so 

Is that dinosaur suppsobe in Somna Isla, not Numblar?

but yeah, that dinosaur is not “dead”.

1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

@lego_guyon02 um I would just like to say I told so 

(that the spino was not dead)

The return of the Spinosaurus (if it's even the same individual) is a pretty big retcon that defies all logic. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering Universal never cared much about logic and consistency and this wouldn't be the first time a dinosaur magically survives lethal wounds but fine, I was wrong. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The return of the Spinosaurus (if it's even the same individual) is a pretty big retcon that defies all logic. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering Universal never cared much about logic and consistency and this wouldn't be the first time a dinosaur magically survives lethal wounds but fine, I was wrong. 

Well…Koolkoalas now has a right to “drop a mic” IF it’s the same Spinosaurus. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Oh wow, we're finally getting Spinosaurus after all those years! Can't wait to see him.

I hope it increases the chances of us getting a set with it.

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Thank you for being the bigger person and I think I have the same question that is on everyone’s mind whether the spino will appear in a set or not as we are still due 4 regular sets next year (3 if you don’t include the 4+) which will have a higher budget than this years sets meaning new moulds for dinos

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh wow, we're finally getting Spinosaurus after all those years! Can't wait to see him.

I hope it increases the chances of us getting a set with it.

Me too, dude. Me too.