Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 9/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's kinda herd to say with sets that we're pushed back a whole year.

We might hear some descriptions this year, but I wouldn't count on actual seeing the sets. But who knows, leaks are becoming weirder and weirder with each year.

Definitely getting weirder

20 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I personally think it's quite likely. LEGO would be stupid not to take advantage of the hype surrounding the return of the Legacy trio.

Yup, I agree. 

If they don’t, I guess we would release Tyrannosaurus rex and allow them devour lego designers. 

Can't wait to get Jerry Seinfeld's hair in black. Think that'll be a great, more accurate hair piece for Ian Malcolm :-D

59 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Can't wait to get Jerry Seinfeld's hair in black. Think that'll be a great, more accurate hair piece for Ian Malcolm :-D

Definitely.

4 hours ago, snoozle said:

Ooo, you make a good point! Lucky enough, I did order that Seinfeld’s hair!

On 9/6/2021 at 9:16 AM, snoozle said:

Can't wait for Lego to act like this hairpiece doesn't exist and give us a much less accurate hairpiece instead.

9 minutes ago, ifyoubuildit said:

So are people guessing 1st April for the Dominion releases?

Jurassic World - May 1st

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - April 17th

This gives us the most likely release date window for the Dominion sets.

I bought the Stygimoloch set today. Not that bad, Brooklyn looks better in person imo. Bumpys Cyan colour looks amazing, really stands out. Recoloured vehicle from 2018 is fine I guess, same goes for the treehouse. However my Stygimoloch has an eye printing error on one side, which is a little annoying but whatever. It's quite funny actually, I also collect Mattel and my new Dracorex which has basically the same colour scheme as the new Lego Stygimoloch also has an eye printing error on one side. Overall it's an okay set, and I believe I have to wait until December for the other 2 sets because my parents want to get them for me, for Christmas.

Edit: Actually I have just noticed, the cages on the vehicles are slightly different.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's gotta be either April or May.

And i hope it would be a worldwide release tho.

Apparently a few years ago Lego made the stickers so that they wouldn't flake, is this true? Some of my 2015 sets stickers are flaking which is annoying, and that's it, 2018+ set stickers are completely fine, well, except some that look like they have been turned pink from Sun bleaching or whatever.

2022 new Lego species: Giganotosaurus, Pyroraptor, a couple Atrociraptors and a rumoured unknown species.

This leak comes from a trusted source, and well, I don't really think there was any point for this leak considering these are all species that would make sense for Lego to make.

Edit: here is the full message from him: well I can say that you are correct on the giga and atrociraptors, the new Lego figures will be the pyroraptor, a couple atrociraptors and the giga are confirmed Lego figures, with a rumoured 4th one, however it's unclear what it is. 
The new species list is pretty long, so here it is:
Moros intrepidus
Iguanodon
Dreadnoughtus
Nasutoceratops(not new, but is treated like it is)
Oviraptor
Quetzalcoatlus
Giganotosaurus
Lystosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Dimetrodon
Atrociraptor
Pyroraptor
Therizinosaurus
Charonasaurus has been rumoured, but not confirmed

Edited by AxolotlPlays

I didn’t notice until now - in T-rex Fossil Exhibits, there is a baby Triceratops coming with a 1x2 flat tile while Dr. Wu’s Lab Breakout’s baby Triceratops has 1x2 stud tile.

I am assuming it’s different designers behind Camp Cretaceous sets. 

And yes, i know it’s completely pointless to post… and it’s pointless to make argument also. :oh3: 

On 9/10/2021 at 5:27 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Apparently a few years ago Lego made the stickers so that they wouldn't flake, is this true? Some of my 2015 sets stickers are flaking which is annoying, and that's it, 2018+ set stickers are completely fine, well, except some that look like they have been turned pink from Sun bleaching or whatever.

Same - my 2015 set looked so terrible with those stickers, some of them were gone, some were falling off, and some were literally having parts of them rip off.

19 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:
  Hide contents

2022 new Lego species: Giganotosaurus, Pyroraptor, a couple Atrociraptors and a rumoured unknown species.

This leak comes from a trusted source, and well, I don't really think there was any point for this leak considering these are all species that would make sense for Lego to make.

Edit: here is the full message from him: well I can say that you are correct on the giga and atrociraptors, the new Lego figures will be the pyroraptor, a couple atrociraptors and the giga are confirmed Lego figures, with a rumoured 4th one, however it's unclear what it is. 
The new species list is pretty long, so here it is:
Moros intrepidus
Iguanodon
Dreadnoughtus
Nasutoceratops(not new, but is treated like it is)
Oviraptor
Quetzalcoatlus
Giganotosaurus
Lystosaurus
Plesiosaurus
Dimetrodon
Atrociraptor
Pyroraptor
Therizinosaurus
Charonasaurus has been rumoured, but not confirmed

Thank you for sharing these! They all make sense and seem realistic to what we can expect in a first wave, a

Dimetrodon, Therizonosaurus, Mosasaur or Plesiosaur would all be really cool but are probably unrealistic because of how many new molds they would use. We also don't know how much screen time they would have - it seems like some like the Quetzalcoatlus are only in the flashback at the start of the film

I wonder what the mix of locations and vehicles will look like in the sets, now they are not limited to just the island there should be hopefully be some cool playsets we can expect. I think the

Atrociraptors could be in the same set, with a brown and white one maybe in that old city they were filming in. Although maybe one could be on its own and one could be in a set with Blue

Out of the three dinosaurs you said about I think the

Pyroraptor is the only one that will need a lot of new molds for at least a feathered head, arms and tail. I expect the Giga will at least have a new head mold for its unique spikes. Because it is much spikier than the Indominus I would hope for a new body mold too but seeing as how they have used it for the Carnotosaur too I won't hold my breath

What Lego dinosaurs are we expecting to return in the sets? I think Blue and Rexy of course, and Lego will probably throw in a pterodactyl somewhere as well! 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same - my 2015 set looked so terrible with those stickers, some of them were gone, some were falling off, and some were literally having parts of them rip off.

Yeah, I have always been tempted to just tape the stickers down lol, but never have. At least they fixed it, but no stickers for the future would also be nice. I have noticed with these new 2021 sets (Idk if it's just the Jurassic World theme (because that is the only Lego theme I collect now) or if it's just because this wave has relatively small piece counts) have very few stickers. (like 2 on average at an educated guess)

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Thank you for sharing these! They all make sense and seem realistic to what we can expect in a first wave, a

Reveal hidden contents

Dimetrodon, Therizonosaurus, Mosasaur or Plesiosaur would all be really cool but are probably unrealistic because of how many new molds they would use. We also don't know how much screen time they would have - it seems like some like the Quetzalcoatlus are only in the flashback at the start of the film

I wonder what the mix of locations and vehicles will look like in the sets, now they are not limited to just the island there should be hopefully be some cool playsets we can expect. I think the

Reveal hidden contents

Atrociraptors could be in the same set, with a brown and white one maybe in that old city they were filming in. Although maybe one could be on its own and one could be in a set with Blue

Out of the three dinosaurs you said about I think the

Reveal hidden contents

Pyroraptor is the only one that will need a lot of new molds for at least a feathered head, arms and tail. I expect the Giga will at least have a new head mold for its unique spikes. Because it is much spikier than the Indominus I would hope for a new body mold too but seeing as how they have used it for the Carnotosaur too I won't hold my breath

What Lego dinosaurs are we expecting to return in the sets? I think Blue and Rexy of course, and Lego will probably throw in a pterodactyl somewhere as well! 

Yeah no problem, I will share news whenever I can.

well, yeah, but if they did Dimetrodon like they did for the Juvenile Dilophosaurus then they would only need to make like, 1 static mold that had the head (they can reuse juvenile Dilophosaurus jaw) body/sail and tail and then just the legs, I would be fine with that. The others would require lots of new bigger molds so I am not sure about them.

Yeah, I can't wait to see these new sets! It'll be cool to see, especially how they can change the box art after like 3 years of the Legend of Isla Nublar design.

I am almost certain that Lego is just going to recolour the Velociraptor mold for the Atrociraptors but whatever, not that big of a deal, at least that money can go somewhere else for example the Giganotosaurus spike molds as you've stated.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how Lego make the Pyroraptor, as I am aware they are a bit smaller so we will see if Lego deals with scale for Pyroraptor, otherwise we have 3 species out of the same dinosaur molds lol.

Well, I think Dilophosaurus is a good guess for the first set which I think is a 4+ juniors set, kindoff marches the size of the Stygimoloch and its price for this year's 4+ juniors set when we know it's making its return

Paleontological lay speaking, Carnotaurus had NO feathers, just scaly skin, according to a recent scientific research.

so it’s a good news we already have a feather-less Toro figure. :classic:

On 9/10/2021 at 1:27 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

I have the same problem. Really annoying as they cost a fortune to buy replacements for. Obviously haven't had the newer ones for long enough to tell the longevity of them, but one thing I have learned very quickly is the new stickers are terrible on curved pieces. Both my Harry Potter Astronomy Tower and Batman Truck (whatever it was called) Both had stickers on a "Tan Slope, Curved 2 x 4 Double" And within days, both of them have the stickers hanging off as straight as they originally came. Not impressed with new stickers in that regards. May not flake, but don't stick too well either.

41 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I have the same problem. Really annoying as they cost a fortune to buy replacements for. Obviously haven't had the newer ones for long enough to tell the longevity of them, but one thing I have learned very quickly is the new stickers are terrible on curved pieces. Both my Harry Potter Astronomy Tower and Batman Truck (whatever it was called) Both had stickers on a "Tan Slope, Curved 2 x 4 Double" And within days, both of them have the stickers hanging off as straight as they originally came. Not impressed with new stickers in that regards. May not flake, but don't stick too well either.

Yeah, I haven't bought replacements since the replacements would eventually flake aswell.

Yeah, hopefully 2018+ stickers don't flake. 

Oof, I guess they are best on flat pieces. Have you solved that issue for your sets?

Yeah, of my knowledge I have 2 sets that are suffering from the flaky stickers, both 2015 Jurassic World sets: Pteranodon Capture and Dilophosaurus Ambush (or whatever they were called).

My Masrani's Eurocopter's tail's stickers on both sides are flaking and peeling out. And most of the stickers on the random ACU Jeep and flaking. It sucks.

i just built both the fossil and caro set... i actually think the carnotaurus set is better! the fossil set does display well and looks awesome, however there isn't that much you can do with it except for displaying! i love the new toro figure, and the builds and actually very good as well! the only thing i will pass on is the baryonyx set simply because it is way overpriced

These were expected but I guess it's nice to have Blue, Rexy (/Roberta) and Pteranodon confirmed for next year's sets. So now we know 6 Dinosaurs from the 9(?) sets!

What do you guys hope for from the dominion wave?

It's interesting, I have been seeing a lot of Jurassic World Stygimoloch toys with the name 'Stiggy', which was originally meant for Fallen Kingdom, but I guess it was cancelled and with that leaked whiteboard for Camp Cretaceous dinosaurs I am almost certain that the campers are going to encounter a Stygimoloch and name it Stiffy, whether that will be another friend or foe is for the show to tell.

When's TLG going to give us the rest of the classics? Still waiting for a Stego. And a Brachio. C'mon LEGO, give us a Brachio set with the jeep, from THAT scene. With a moulded Brachio, I'd pay a pretty penny for that, and even more.

2 hours ago, snoozle said:

When's TLG going to give us the rest of the classics? Still waiting for a Stego. And a Brachio. C'mon LEGO, give us a Brachio set with the jeep, from THAT scene. With a moulded Brachio, I'd pay a pretty penny for that, and even more.

Wouldn't we all.