Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, wooster said:

I'm all for new dinosaurs in Lego form.  But to my casual observation, the Allosaurus looks a lot like a T-rex.  How would Lego differentiate these two species in Lego form?  They already use the same body for the T-rex and Carnatosaurus.  How would they design an allosaurus that looked distinct from these two (not to mention the Indo-rex)?

The Allosaurus has a distinct headshape quite different from a T-Rex, a new mold for the head would suffice as exhibited by my good friend Lucca's artwork: 

Allosaurus_2020.png

Although getting a new medium-sized theropod body, which could then be repurposed for a ton of future species or remakes (like the Carnotaurus), as well would be much better: 
Allosaurus_FK_2020.png

20 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Allosaurus has a distinct headshape quite different from a T-Rex, a new mold for the head would suffice as exhibited by my good friend Lucca's artwork: 

Allosaurus_2020.png

Although getting a new medium-sized theropod body, which could then be repurposed for a ton of future species or remakes (like the Carnotaurus), as well would be much better: 
Allosaurus_FK_2020.png

Exactly, thiis… Once again, Lego should hire Lucca!

23 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Allosaurus_2020.png

Allosaurus_FK_2020.png

Still can't get over how great of an artist Lucca is!

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Still can't get over how great of an artist Lucca is!

Same hereeeeeeee. As I mentioend in my post above yours, Lego should hire Lucca!

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Same hereeeeeeee. As I mentioend in my post above yours, Lego should hire Lucca!

Yeah, that would be interesting to see what sets Lucca would create!

Bit of a random thought but with Toro having asymmetrical printing the new Dominion versions of Rexy and Blue (let's face it, we all know we're gonna get them again) should really have their scars and asymmetrical striping respectively. I'm by no means counting on it but there's really no excuse not to do it now that LEGO has proven that they can.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Some people are finding the Carnotaurus Chase set in-stores, I suppose it was an accident from an employee putting them out like a week early or something?

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Some people are finding the Carnotaurus Chase set in-stores, I suppose it was an accident from an employee putting them out like a week early or something?

That's incredibly common in the US, a lot of stores there just don't give a hoot about streetdates.

10 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's incredibly common in the US, a lot of stores there just don't give a hoot about streetdates.

Oh, lol. Well, hopefully no-one falls victim to any scalpers.

Found one https://www.ebay.com/itm/114954125802?epid=12016629468&hash=item1ac3ccc1ea:g:YOYAAOSwjQFhJp7q

Edited by AxolotlPlays

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Eh, I’m not very suprise out this one. Definitely not an accident caused by employees. Or at least “on purpose accidnately.” 

Wait, dominion will close the Jurassic franchise!??!?!!? I hope this article just chose words poorly or something, I don't want Jurassic Park to end.

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Wait, dominion will close the Jurassic franchise!??!?!!? I hope this article just chose words poorly or something, I don't want Jurassic Park to end.

What article?

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Is this from WeGotThisCovered, right? 

15 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I believe it was from deadline, but it's possible it could have originated somewhere else first.

Jurassic World: Dominion is the end of the current story but it won't be the last installment of the Jurassic franchise. Instead it will mark the start of a new era in which dinosaurs and humans need to learn to coexist, as stated by producer Frank Marshall.

And just some advice for the future: when you're talking about a specific article it's very useful for others if you'd provide a link, otherwise we have no idea what you're referring to.

15 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

'It's the start of a new era. The dinosaurs are now on the mainland amongst us, and they will be quite for some time, I hope'.

That's a quote, and it simply means that that it won't be the conclusion if this franchise.

41 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Jurassic World: Dominion is the end of the current story but it won't be the last installment of the Jurassic franchise. Instead it will mark the start of a new era in which dinosaurs and humans need to learn to coexist, as stated by producer Frank Marshall.

And just some advice for the future: when you're talking about a specific article it's very useful for others if you'd provide a link, otherwise we have no idea what you're referring to.

Oh ok, I also thought that it was strange that universal would just end Jurassic as it's a very popular franshise that makes a lot of money.(just look at other Universal franchises like fast and the furious lol) 

I saw it on an Instagram thing, not the website directly but yeah, next time I will include the link.

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

'It's the start of a new era. The dinosaurs are now on the mainland amongst us, and they will be quite for some time, I hope'.

That's a quote, and it simply means that that it won't be the conclusion if this franchise.

Yeah, Jurassic Park has always been my favourite. Seeing that article kinda scared me because it would basically kill the main franchise that I have always liked and always assumed would never stop (when Jurassic World released obviously). Kindoff like primeval, would be awesome if someone rebooted that!

A behind the scenes trailer for Dominion was shown at CinemaCon and we now have a rough description of what was shown. One of the described scenes sounds a lot like something we could theoretically be getting as a LEGO set next year: 

Spoiler

Velociraptors (though these are far more likely to be the Atrociraptors) chasing Owen and Claire through a European city, going off shooting locations this should be Malta. One of them is chasing Claire across the city's rooftops and the other is chasing Owen, who is riding his motorcycle through the city's narrow streets.

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

A behind the scenes trailer for Dominion was shown at CinemaCon and we now have a rough description of what was shown. One of the described scenes sounds a lot like something we could theoretically be getting as a LEGO set next year: 

Hide contents

Velociraptors (though these are far more likely to be the Atrociraptors) chasing Owen and Claire through a European city, going off shooting locations this should be Malta. One of them is chasing Claire across the city's rooftops and the other is chasing Owen, who is riding his motorcycle through the city's narrow streets.

I love how this movie is set all over the world, it gives huge potential for the sets.

I also love how prominent the OG trio will be, I hope they use them as much as they use Owen and Claire in the sets. It would suck if they were either all exclusive to the biggest set, or distributed separately into 3 biggest sets.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It would suck if they were either all exclusive to the biggest set, or distributed separately into 3 biggest sets.

This will definitely be the case, especially as Dominion has a huge cast.

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Indeed. I fully expect the 10 characters from the previous movies we already have minifigs of to get new versions (and two of them are guaranteed to appear in at least three or four sets each :tongue:).

Not so sure about the newcomers, depends on their roles. Well, except for Dodgson, as the likely main antagonist he‘s bound to appear in at least one of the sets. If some of the other new characters are hench(wo)men of his, they should have pretty good chances as well

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not so sure about the newcomers, depends on their roles. 

We know barely anything about the brand new characters at the moment but I think Kayla (DeWanda Wise's character) will definitely get a figure. 

Oh I already know that Dominon is the end of the Jurasic Park/World BUT it’s a beginning of the new era where prehistoric creatures and humans now co-exist… I think it was Colin Trerrow who said that last year.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love how this movie is set all over the world, it gives huge potential for the sets.

I would say - I agree with you. I hope we won’t get more absurd vehciles (take a look at Batmobile). But with Dominion, it cold be possible to see some cool builds tho. 

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yes, indeed!

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hide contents

Awesome, thanks for sharing with us!

I went to a shopping centre today, a few shops, each shop had all 4 sets. I bought the T rex fossil set today, and will get the others later.