Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

From time perspective, I think this is my least favourite Jurassic World wave, and honestly, one of the worst waves from themes I like I've ever seen.

Terrible builds, I don't like a single one. Awful minifigures, Owen and Claire are so unnecessary, and CC kids not only have (mostly) terrible deisgns, but they also use adult legs, which makes them even worse. Horribly overpriced. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From time perspective, I think this is my least favourite Jurassic World wave, and honestly, one of the worst waves from themes I like I've ever seen.

Terrible builds, I don't like a single one. Awful minifigures, Owen and Claire are so unnecessary, and CC kids not only have (mostly) terrible deisgns, but they also use adult legs, which makes them even worse. Horribly overpriced. 

Well yes but by this horrible sets with so little budget that means the dominion sets have had a lot of time on them and a huge budget for new dinos, accurate minifigs and awesome builds so i am personally very happy with this wave for being so terrible 

Loki's recolored Sirius/Luke hair from the CMF will be perfect for Wu next year.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's certainly not the best wave the theme has gotten but it's still miles ahead of the crapfest that was Legend of Isla Nublar.

2 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

Well yes but by this horrible sets with so little budget that means the dominion sets have had a lot of time on them and a huge budget for new dinos, accurate minifigs and awesome builds so i am personally very happy with this wave for being so terrible 

Oh I know why they are so terrible, that's why I'm even more excited for the Dominion wave as it seems they want all out with it.

Still, without taking this into account, I am so disappointed. No new dinosaurs is a one thing (budget), but terrible builds and wrong legs are whole other thing.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Loki's recolored Sirius/Luke hair from the CMF will be perfect for Wu next year.

It's certainly not the best wave the theme has gotten but it's still miles ahead of the crapfest that was Legend of Isla Nublar.

You mean the 2019 wave? God, I absolutely loved it. Great and unique builds, various new dinosaurs and moulds, minifigures actually work etc.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You mean the 2019 wave? God, I absolutely loved it. Great and unique builds, various new dinosaurs and moulds, minifigures actually work etc.

Yeah, worst Jurassic wave by a landslide imo. Almost all the builds were crap and most figures sucked, the only saving grace this wave had were the dinosaurs.

50 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah, worst Jurassic wave by a landslide imo. Almost all the builds were crap and most figures sucked, the only saving grace this wave had were the dinosaurs.

Well let's agree to disagree then :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That is true, I remember seeing an image of him with long hair, but I lost that picture lol. Also Claire should get a new hair piece too because I think she has also changed her hair.

10 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Also Claire should get a new hair piece too because I think she has also changed her hair.

A recolor of Hermione's year 1-2 hair does the job.

One of the figures from the Queer Eye Apartment set just leaked, no idea who it is his but his head would work incredibly well for a Season 3 Kenji figure.

Can we just get more original trilogy sets already? There’s so many scenes to mine from and we end up with…Camp Cretaceous.

3 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Can we just get more original trilogy sets already? There’s so many scenes to mine from and we end up with…Camp Cretaceous.

LEGO might use the return of the Legacy trio to put some new Jurassic Park sets on the market but I personally doubt we'll ever get something for The Lost World or Jurassic Park III. In the end we just gotta accept that LEGO's decision to stick to Jurassic World actually makes sense, World is far more popular with kids than Park and at least one of the 2 JP sets (the D2C) didn't perform well.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:38 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

LEGO might use the return of the Legacy trio to put some new Jurassic Park sets on the market but I personally doubt we'll ever get something for The Lost World or Jurassic Park III. In the end we just gotta accept that LEGO's decision to stick to Jurassic World actually makes sense, World is far more popular with kids than Park and at least one of the 2 JP sets (the D2C) didn't perform well.

That would be cool, but I imagine if they did make original trilogy sets, then they would have kept their original release dates like the Camp Cretaceous sets.

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That would be cool, but I imagine if they did make original trilogy sets, then they would have kept their original release dates like the Camp Cretaceous sets.

And lose the benefit of having Dominion reintroduce and hype up the Legacy characters? Doubt it. If there were JP sets planned for release with the Dominion wave those would've definitely been delayed too.

I was reading City 2021 thread and I saw some weird info on two new sets. One user said two sets were supposed to be released this year, according to IG.

77943-Fire Station Starter Set

77944-Fire Station Headquarters 

More weirder - they may include two dinosaurs and Fiat 500. 

Personally, I don’t think I will believe this “leak” myself. Two dinosaurs would show up in City sets?

23 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You must‘ve misread something. The dinosaur comes in a new Creator set and the Fiat is a blue recolour of last year‘s yellow version :wink: I think the Creator set is a recolour as well. Looks like recoloured sets with weird set numbers are becoming a new thing now :shrug_oh_well:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-testet-alternative-farben/

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You must‘ve misread something. The dinosaur comes in a new Creator set and the Fiat is a blue recolour of last year‘s yellow version :wink: I think the Creator set is a recolour as well. Looks like recoloured sets with weird set numbers are becoming a new thing now :shrug_oh_well:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-testet-alternative-farben/

Or at least, I got a misinformation from other EB member. :classic:

Thank you so much for proper information!!

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I was reading City 2021 thread and I saw some weird info on two new sets. One user said two sets were supposed to be released this year, according to IG.

77943-Fire Station Starter Set

77944-Fire Station Headquarters 

Personally, I don’t think I will believe this “leak” myself. Two dinosaurs would show up in City sets?

Lego Dino's return! Lol jk, would be interesting if it did come back though.

I have a Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous theory. I believe Allosaurus will appear in Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.

First of all, Allosaurus would make sense to appear in the show because it was in fallen kingdom and should get shown existing on Isla Nublar. (like Carnotaurus, Sinoceratops etc (also Ben mentioned escaping it))

Now here's my 'proof' if you want to call it that. Mattel and Imaginext both make Jurassic World toys. Recently they have made Camp Cretaceous toys, or at least Dinosaurs with Camp Cretaceous packaging to promote the show. However, I don't follow Imaginext that much but I have seen a few like the Tyrannosaurus Rex (which is in the show, obviously), Ankylosaurus (which is also in the show), and an Allosaurus, which is strange because I thought companies like Imaginext only make Dinosaurs that appear in the film's/shows. (I am aware they have made a Styracosaurus, but I'm pretty sure there was some Camp Cretaceous concept art that showed the herbivore stampede or something with a couple Styracosaurus so.... (Also worth mentioning they made a baby Spinosaurus)).

Now Mattel, last year they just made a whole heap of Dinosaurs with Camp Cretaceous packaging when they were never in the actual show. But this year they have changed that with their Dino Escape. They have 2 different main packaging types: Jurassic World and Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous. Shown by the logos, characters, colours etc, and it just so happens that Allosaurus has Camp Cretaceous packaging alongside Dinosaurs that have the same packaging that are in the show like, Baryonyx Limbo, Baryonyx Chaos, a Ceratosaurus, Bumpy etc. So I believe Allosaurus might appear in Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.

Or it's an error on Mattel's packaging and a coincidence for Imaginext making the same species and I'm just looking into this too much lol. (They do have different colour schemes after all).

On 8/7/2021 at 8:52 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

I have a Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous theory. I believe Allosaurus will appear in Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.

First of all, Allosaurus would make sense to appear in the show because it was in fallen kingdom and should get shown existing on Isla Nublar. (like Carnotaurus, Sinoceratops etc (also Ben mentioned escaping it))

Now here's my 'proof' if you want to call it that. Mattel and Imaginext both make Jurassic World toys. Recently they have made Camp Cretaceous toys, or at least Dinosaurs with Camp Cretaceous packaging to promote the show. However, I don't follow Imaginext that much but I have seen a few like the Tyrannosaurus Rex (which is in the show, obviously), Ankylosaurus (which is also in the show), and an Allosaurus, which is strange because I thought companies like Imaginext only make Dinosaurs that appear in the film's/shows. (I am aware they have made a Styracosaurus, but I'm pretty sure there was some Camp Cretaceous concept art that showed the herbivore stampede or something with a couple Styracosaurus so.... (Also worth mentioning they made a baby Spinosaurus)).

Now Mattel, last year they just made a whole heap of Dinosaurs with Camp Cretaceous packaging when they were never in the actual show. But this year they have changed that with their Dino Escape. They have 2 different main packaging types: Jurassic World and Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous. Shown by the logos, characters, colours etc, and it just so happens that Allosaurus has Camp Cretaceous packaging alongside Dinosaurs that have the same packaging that are in the show like, Baryonyx Limbo, Baryonyx Chaos, a Ceratosaurus, Bumpy etc. So I believe Allosaurus might appear in Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous.

Or it's an error on Mattel's packaging and a coincidence for Imaginext making the same species and I'm just looking into this too much lol. (They do have different colour schemes after all).

That’s an interesting theory you came up with! But is this theory having something to do with Lego? All I can see in your theory is tv show and Mattel, not Lego. 

Anyways, I sure hope Allosaurus would show up in LEGO world, rather than Mattel. 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

That’s an interesting theory you came up with! But is this theory having something to do with Lego? All I can see in your theory is tv show and Mattel, not Lego. 

Anyways, I sure hope Allosaurus would show up in LEGO world, rather than Mattel. 

Thanks. Well, Jurassic World...

Would be cool to have an Allosaurus.

14 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Thanks. Well, Jurassic World...

Of course it’s Jurassic World.  :) But still… 

oh yes. If I remember correctly, Allosaurus made an appearance in Battle at Big Rock, Legend of Isla Numblar and….what else? It’s a shame we don’t get Allosaurus this year, oh well. We will see about Dominion wave next year.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Of course it’s Jurassic World.  :) But still… 

oh yes. If I remember correctly, Allosaurus made an appearance in Battle at Big Rock, Legend of Isla Numblar and….what else? It’s a shame we don’t get Allosaurus this year, oh well. We will see about Dominion wave next year.

Allosaurus was first shown in Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and recently in the Jurassic World Dominion preview but as a different perspective for Battle at Big Rock.

Now we are past the halfway of this month - I can’t wait to hav emo hands on Carnotaruurs Chase soon!

On 8/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I'm all for new dinosaurs in Lego form.  But to my casual observation, the Allosaurus looks a lot like a T-rex.  How would Lego differentiate these two species in Lego form?  They already use the same body for the T-rex and Carnatosaurus.  How would they design an allosaurus that looked distinct from these two (not to mention the Indo-rex)?