Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well, I don't think it is exclusive, but it has a mercenary with a face print that isn't in any of the sets lol. 

It was in a couple of Star Wars and a Fallen Kingdom set.

36 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Well, it’s not exclusive then

50 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Wait, so it is the same face print as the guy from the Stygimoloch Breakout set? I thought it was new to the Jurassic World theme. Huh... Guess I won't buy it then lol

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Wait, so it is the same face print as the guy from the Stygimoloch Breakout set? I thought it was new to the Jurassic World theme. Huh... Guess I won't buy it then lol

It was originally made for Resistance soldiers in the The Last Jedi sets and then reused in the Stygimoloch Breakout set. 

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It was originally made for Resistance soldiers in the The Last Jedi sets and then reused in the Stygimoloch Breakout set. 

Yeah, I assumed the print was originally from another theme but I never thought about it being the same from the 2018 Stygimoloch set, I looked to see the images and they look identical. Wonder how I missed that before...

Also I saw a new Lego Jurassic World book there, Operation Survival. I saw another one but I think we have seen that before, it has Dr.Wu and is called Dino Lab Secrets.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

47 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Nobody said it was.

Of course, no one didn’t say…I was merely interested in that minifigure then my interest faded sudddenly.

@AxolotlPlays nice! i don't know if you guys feel the same, but this chat seems really empty! lol i guess there isn't that much to talk about. will there be a new chat for Dominion when rumors and stuff like that come out? or maybe just use this same chat here? i guess it doesn't really make a difference :)

5 hours ago, JLR said:

@AxolotlPlays nice! i don't know if you guys feel the same, but this chat seems really empty! lol i guess there isn't that much to talk about. will there be a new chat for Dominion when rumors and stuff like that come out? or maybe just use this same chat here? i guess it doesn't really make a difference :)

Yeah, but sometimes the quietness is nice lol. I doubt a website for Lego will have a Jurassic World Dominion thread. Unless you count a Lego Jurassic World 2022 Discussion lol. I guess we can talk about Dominion here, I don't see why not since aside from people's reviews on this year's sets, there really isn't anything else to talk about. Also, if you do share leaks, please use the spoiler tags so people don't get spoiled lol. Do this but without the spaces.

[ spoiler ] this is where the text goes [ /spoiler ]

7 hours ago, JLR said:

From January 1st - December 31st we have this forum (2021), and from January 1st 2022 we'll have a 2022 forum. That's how it works. 

We can discuss 2022 stuff in the 2021 forum, but we'll obviously have to wait a while before getting some leaks...

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Also, if you do share leaks, please use the spoiler tags so people don't get spoiled lol.

If it's something that can spoil stuff for people it shouldn't be posted here in the first place.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If it's something that can spoil stuff for people it shouldn't be posted here in the first place.

True

Hey all, Just being lazy, and hoping someone might know off the top of their head what the release date of the camp cretaceous sets were? 

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Hey all, Just being lazy, and hoping someone might know off the top of their head what the release date of the camp cretaceous sets were? 

September 1st.

Awesome, thanks! :-D Got my Daily Bugle for Fathers Day in September, and my wife wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday at the end of the month. So works out perfect! :-D

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Awesome, thanks! :-D Got my Daily Bugle for Fathers Day in September, and my wife wanted to know what I wanted for my birthday at the end of the month. So works out perfect! :-D

Nice! And have a Happy Birthday when it comes around!

On 7/18/2021 at 3:41 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

From January 1st - December 31st we have this forum (2021), and from January 1st 2022 we'll have a 2022 forum. That's how it works. 

We can discuss 2022 stuff in the 2021 forum, but we'll obviously have to wait a while before getting some leaks...

Yup, right. Also, I will add one more thing - moderator (Like Captian Nemo) will create a new forum for 2022 (from Jan 1 to Dec 31), not us. 

I am sure we did talk about this one a few months ago.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:07 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Too bad my birthday is not in September but I can wait a bit more until new Jurassic World sets hit shelves on Sept 1st!

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yup, right. Also, I will add one more thing - moderator (Like Captian Nemo) will create a new forum for 2022 (from Jan 1 to Dec 31), not us.

Too bad my birthday is not in September but I can wait a bit more until new Jurassic World sets hit shelves on Sept 1st!

Yeah 

Same lol.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

Thanks! Feels like forever away with this Daily Bugle sitting on my bedroom floor staring at me. Have a newborn, so the place is a mess and finding a place for that set is the last thing on our mind. :-D

May have been a discussion in the past. Sorry if it was, but what's everyone planning on buying from the September wave? I'm thinking Fossil Exhibition and Carno Chase. They're all pretty mediocre, but I do like the ute (truck) from Camp Cretaceous in the Carno set and it at least has two of the campers and the fossil set is cheap, nice and has another camper. Would mean I only need to bricklink another 3 figures for hopefully less than $30, rather than spending another $140 on sets that do nothing for me. Those boat pieces are pretty big to store too. So that's my thoughts. What are the rest of you thinking? Getting any at all?

9 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Thanks! Feels like forever away with this Daily Bugle sitting on my bedroom floor staring at me. Have a newborn, so the place is a mess and finding a place for that set is the last thing on our mind. :-D

May have been a discussion in the past. Sorry if it was, but what's everyone planning on buying from the September wave? I'm thinking Fossil Exhibition and Carno Chase. They're all pretty mediocre, but I do like the ute (truck) from Camp Cretaceous in the Carno set and it at least has two of the campers and the fossil set is cheap, nice and has another camper. Would mean I only need to bricklink another 3 figures for hopefully less than $30, rather than spending another $140 on sets that do nothing for me. Those boat pieces are pretty big to store too. So that's my thoughts. What are the rest of you thinking? Getting any at all?

Thats cool! Congratulations on having a child!! 

I plan to get all of this wave.

3 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

What are the rest of you thinking? Getting any at all?

Only one I'm 100% getting is the Carno set, the others I've become somewhat mixed on.

4+ - pretty damn overpriced and the build isn't anything to write home about. Will just get Ben and Brooklyn's torso's off BL, their heads and hair don't do it for me anyway.

Fossil - build is neat but I have no real use for it as I already have the Ideas Rex skeleton. Figures aren't noteworthy either. Skip.

Boat - may get this one as I really want Yaz and Grim looks pretty good, that said the set is very expensive. Will either wait for a good discount or get Yaz, Darius and Grim off BL.

5 hours ago, chris6507 said:

i don't know. guys i honestly think that the better sets are coming around next year, so i'm temped to wait to some new dinosaurs to come around. i already have all of the dinosaur molds that are coming out this year! why would i need a new re-color lol. i love the figures for the sets, however, i think ima wait until dominion!

The 2020 sets have been pulled from production ahead of their planned December 31st retiring date so get whatever sets you're still looking for while you can.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, chris6507 said:

Thanks! Feels like forever away with this Daily Bugle sitting on my bedroom floor staring at me. Have a newborn, so the place is a mess and finding a place for that set is the last thing on our mind.What are the rest of you thinking? Getting any at all?

I’m only interested more in one of the 2021 wave is Carnotaurus Chase. I feel it is the strongest of 4 sets this year. 

4+ - It’s darn overpriced for a small set but I love that Stiggy. I guess I will pick Stiffy.

Fossil - Well, i already have Ideas’ Dinosaur Fossils so I don’t see myself getting another T-rex fossil. I will skip this one. 

Boat - It is pretty cool to have Grim and that boat. But I haven’t decided on buying the whole set or grabbing Grim figure and few characters yet. I mean Grim and characters are cool! I never had Baryonyx and Carnotaurus figures before (even their body parts are kinda not accurate, for example, Carnotaurus is too big for T-rex but I would buy these figures anyway).