Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

BTW, are any DVD season collections of CC out yet? I do not want to purchase Netflix, and I like having a hardcopy of movies anyway, so I'd love to know.

I think so, but only on certain countries. America will probably have it.

Edit: now we have a whole stack of pages lol

Edited by AxolotlPlays

7 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

BTW, are any DVD season collections of CC out yet? I do not want to purchase Netflix, and I like having a hardcopy of movies anyway, so I'd love to know.

Nope and they're unlikely to come out for a while if at all considering it's a Netflix-exclusive show. Your only option is taking a Netflix subscription (the first month is free so if you cancel on time you won't have to pay anything) or streaming the episodes illegally, plenty of sites where you can do that. 

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Owen and Claire aren't just included because they're cheap to make and LEGO has a limited budget but also because they're the face of the entire franchise. LEGO is trying to get the attention of kids here so with a more kid-oriented franchise like Jurassic (at least in terms of toys) it's obvious that you'll get their attention faster if you use the two most recognisable characters. It sucks for collectors but it's great for kids as that makes it super easy to get the main characters.

Obviously, it’s a shopping impulse for kids....

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Nope and they're unlikely to come out for a while if at all considering it's a Netflix-exclusive show. Your only option is taking a Netflix subscription (the first month is free so if you cancel on time you won't have to pay anything) or streaming the episodes illegally, plenty of sites where you can do that. 

Or going to someone’s house to “borrow” Netflix account. :oh3:

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Eh, I'll just wait until the series aires and I can summarize it with the DVD collection or something like that. Thanks anyway!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Or going to someone’s house to “borrow” Netflix account. :oh3:

:devil_laugh:

They just released a HD preview of the preview, and I am so pissed off that I won't be able to watch it in great quality. This IMAX-only system is pretty flawed tbh...

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They just released a HD preview of the preview, and I am so pissed off that I won't be able to watch it in great quality. This IMAX-only system is pretty flawed tbh...

So am I but the recorded version will have to do for now. The only thing Universal has accomplished here is piss off a large part of the fanbase.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

So am I but the recorded version will have to do for now. The only thing Universal has accomplished here is piss off a large part of the fanbase.

What pisses me off the most is that you can't hear the soundtrack.

When compared to the audio quality of those leaks, the picture quality is actually great. You can see things. The audio is just... terrible.

That sucks cause Giacchino is my favourite composer, and the music they put in the teaser gives me chills.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When compared to the audio quality of those leaks, the picture quality is actually great. You can see things. The audio is just... terrible.

That sucks cause Giacchino is my favourite composer, and the music they put in the teaser gives me chills.

Well, sorry to disappoint you but terrible audio stuff doesn’t bother me at all. You see, I am deaf.. :laugh: Honestly, I really don’t mind feeling vibrations if I was in a movie theater. 

4 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Eh, I'll just wait until the series aires and I can summarize it with the DVD collection or something like that. Thanks anyway!

:devil_laugh:

:iamded_lol::angel_sing:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not sure if we've seen the same recordings but the audio quality in the one I've seen is fine. There's honestly not much to the soundtrack anyway as the majority of the music is reused from "This Title Makes Me Jurassic" from the Fallen Kingdom OST (I'm a Giacchino fan too :laugh:).

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not sure if we've seen the same recordings but the audio quality in the one I've seen is fine. There's honestly not much to the soundtrack anyway as the majority of the music is reused from "This Title Makes Me Jurassic" from the Fallen Kingdom OST (I'm a Giacchino fan too :laugh:).

Well perhaps I put that wrong.

You can hear stuff, the music too, but I'd just love to hear the track in perfect audio quality, you know what I mean? 

I love the track they used for the 15 second teaser tho :wub:

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well perhaps I put that wrong.

You can hear stuff, the music too, but I'd just love to hear the track in perfect audio quality, you know what I mean? 

I love the track they used for the 15 second teaser tho :wub:

Yeah definitely, fingers crossed they end up putting this preview on YouTube once Universal realises they made a grave mistake in alienating so many fans. 

I'm not 100% sure where but I'm pretty sure the track used for the preview of the preview has been used elsewhere as well. Still a great track though!

Now that we're on the topic of Giacchino's Jurassic soundtracks anyway, what are you favorite tracks? 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah definitely, fingers crossed they end up putting this preview on YouTube once Universal realises they made a grave mistake in alienating so many fans. 

I'm not 100% sure where but I'm pretty sure the track used for the preview of the preview has been used elsewhere as well. Still a great track though!

Now that we're on the topic of Giacchino's Jurassic soundtracks anyway, what are you favorite tracks? 

My favourite track? Shock and Auction, from the scene where they sell dinosaurs. That one just slaps.

Also the Indoraptor theme, like World's Worst Bedtime Storyteller.

The last one of my top 3 would be Chasing The Dragons, from the scene where Owen on his motorcycle and raptors go for Indominus. 

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My favourite track? Shock and Auction, from the scene where they sell dinosaurs. That one just slaps.

Also the Indoraptor theme, like World's Worst Bedtime Storyteller.

The last one of my top 3 would be Chasing The Dragons, from the scene where Owen on his motorcycle and raptors go for Indominus. 

Those 3 are amongst my favorites too! Others I adore are 'Welcome To Jurassic World', 'Pavane for a Dead Apatosaurus', 'Operation Blue Blood', 'Jurassic Pillow Talk' and 'To Free or Not to Free'.

We're getting a bit off-topic though (which is my fault for the most part :tongue:) so we better end it here :grin:

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Those 3 are amongst my favorites too! Others I adore are 'Welcome To Jurassic World', 'Pavane for a Dead Apatosaurus', 'Operation Blue Blood', 'Jurassic Pillow Talk' and 'To Free or Not to Free'.

We're getting a bit off-topic though (which is my fault for the most part :tongue:) so we better end it here :grin:

To be fair it's not like anything interesting will happen until September 1st...

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

To be fair it's not like anything interesting will happen until September 1st...

Very true :laugh_hard:

I still can't believe they didn't wait until Lego Con, I mean they come out in September, it's not like they'd leak...

Same goes for sets that literally come out in October.

“A bit”? It’s way off topic. :classic:

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I mean, this thread has barely been on topic all year

“All year”? It’s almost July already. :iamded_lol:

Back to the topic!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

“All year”? It’s almost July already. :iamded_lol:

Back to the topic!

I think even a Sinoceratops would understand what I meant

Been ploughing through reference material for a huge project I'm working on and realised Maisie has the Creator Expert Ferris Wheel set on a small shelf in the corner of her room: 

Screenshot_80.jpg

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Been ploughing through reference material for a huge project I'm working on and realised Maisie has the Creator Expert Ferris Wheel set on a small shelf in the corner of her room: 

Screenshot_80.jpg

Lol, I never realised it was Lego.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think even a Sinoceratops would understand what I meant

Eh, I think he was making a joke; let's not resort to insults. I wish we did have a bit more info for next year, because all we're talking about now is Dominion, the IMAX trailer, next year... hmm. I hope we can scrounge up something more soon. The IMAX trailer is the most recent event, so I understand why we were discussing it.

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Screenshot_80.jpg

That's so neat! I never noticed that was Lego. I wonder if that's an Easter egg or just a nice addition.

Edited by pancakecrocodile

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Screenshot_80.jpg

Wow, I never realized that at all. That’s neat.

31 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:
33 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Eh, I think he was making a joke; let's not resort to insults. I wish we did have a bit more info for next year, because all we're talking about now is Dominion, the IMAX trailer, next year... hmm. I hope we can scrounge up something more soon. The IMAX trailer is the most recent event, so I understand why we were discussing it.

Yeah, I intended to make some “sarcastic” joke. Anyways, I will forget his comment and move on. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7