Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Quetzalcoatlus?! Holy megablocks, that's one of my favourite prehistoric creatures - can you imagine if Lego made a pterosaur the size of a giraffe!!

Out of everything we've heard so far I'd love to see in Lego form: a Giganontasaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Plesiosaur and Mososaur 

I can imagine it, but being realistic I think we’ll be lucky if we get more than one new dinosaur for JWD’s wave in 2022

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

For those who have seen the trailer - would you mind sharing where you found it? I have been scouring the web trying to find this thing. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated- thanks!

@jurassicbrotherz on Instagram. Awful quality but better than nothing

Just now, LegoCyt said:

I can imagine it, but being realistic I think we’ll be lucky if we get more than one new dinosaur for JWD’s wave in 2022

That's a very pessimistic way of looking at things :tongue: Even JW and FK got 2 and 3 (+ baby Raptor) new species respectively so why would Dominion, the biggest of them all, just get 1? 

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's a very pessimistic way of looking at things :tongue: Even JW and FK got 2 and 3 (+ baby Raptor) new species respectively so why would Dominion, the biggest of them all, just get 1? 

You just got me there 😁 

Guess I’m just let down by this year’s contemptible wave

16 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Guess I’m just let down by this year’s contemptible wave

I mean, is there really that much to be let down about? It has always been obvious that the remaining 2021 sets would be a small-budget bonus wave so as far as I'm concerned it mostly lived up to expectations.

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I mean, is there really that much to be let down about? It has always been obvious that the remaining 2021 sets would be a small-budget bonus wave so as far as I'm concerned it mostly lived up to expectations.

Not mine man. 2020s wave was for me 10/10, we got 2 dinosaurs per ser, 4 new dinosaurs, all of them new being herbivores and a more accurate recolor for the I.Rex, pteranodon, and veloci. and for once the builds were usable based on the actual scenes from the movie (except the one with galli and ptera). 2021s wave is certainly going to help me save some money, too bad for Lego. I usually buy multiple times the sets with herbivores, and I already own 5 stygis, don’t care if the new one is red, I hate the way Lego changed its eyes, makes it look more cartoonish, less realistic… I could go on and on… 🤪

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

As far as cinema recordings go it was pretty good, haven't bothered to look at the stuff going around social media. 

As far as we know Quetzalcoatlus doesn't appear outside of the Cretaceous scene though so a LEGO version is unlikely.

Ah thanks for letting me know! That will help me reign in my (pretty wild) expectations

I kinda feel like the toy leaks that have already come out are a good way to guess which are going to be the most marketed dinosaurs too: the Pyroraptor, the new feather-less raptors, the Giganontosaurus and the (Synapsid) Dimetrodon. I feel like those 4 at least wouldn't be too tricky for Lego to make, though we might get a situation like with Baryonyx where a big Dominion species isn't made until the year after (if the line keeps on going :innocent:)

1 hour ago, LegoCyt said:

That's not realistic, but as pessimistic as one can get. 

2018 (with 7 Fallen Kingdom sets) gave us 3 new species and 1 new baby dino, with 8 sets.

2019 gave us 2 new species and 1 existing species with a new mould, with 4 sets.

2020 gave us 2 new species, 1 existing species with a new mould and 2 new baby dinos, with 4 sets.

2021 was the only year that gave us not a single new mould, nor a species. That's because it was supposed to be a second wave for Jurassic World: Dominion year, which took the whole budget.

With 9 sets we can expect at least 3 new species, but that's what should be called pessimistic. 

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

2021 was the only year that gave us not a single new mould, nor a species. That's because it was supposed to be a second wave for Jurassic World: Dominion year, which took the whole budget.

That’s a logical conclusion that was told in here and what you have chosen to believe, not the actual reason as to why Lego produced such a poor wave this year. I don’t think universal thought over night to delay production for JWD one whole year, it was probably brought up to table when the pandemic came around for sure, and Lego knew about its delay with much anticipation than fans knew, that’s for sure. So if you think we are lucky to get part of the sets that were planned for JWD’s wave with characters (and dinosaurs) from a tv show that although connected to the movie has nothing to do with Dominions plot (as far as we know) it’s your problem. I don’t believe for one second 2021s wave was planned to be released with dominion, due to its minifigures mainly. I’m not saying you have to dislike this wave, I’m just exposing the reasons I hate it, you can agree or not. But don’t sell me this years wave as if we had to be thankful for it, they can do better, in their own words “only the best is good enough”, how does that apply to this wave? Look at other companies creating varios non-canon species and Lego redoes the same species? Come on!

1 hour ago, LegoCyt said:

Not mine man. 2020s wave was for me 10/10, we got 2 dinosaurs per ser, 4 new dinosaurs, all of them new being herbivores and a more accurate recolor for the I.Rex, pteranodon, and veloci. and for once the builds were usable based on the actual scenes from the movie (except the one with galli and ptera). 2021s wave is certainly going to help me save some money, too bad for Lego. I usually buy multiple times the sets with herbivores, and I already own 5 stygis, don’t care if the new one is red, I hate the way Lego changed its eyes, makes it look more cartoonish, less realistic… I could go on and on… 🤪

You're free to your own opinion of course but comparing the 2021 sets to the 2020 ones is a pretty unfair comparison. Everyone knew this wave was going to have a very small budget because of Dominion so if you were expecting to get sets similar to past years you were already setting yourself up for major disappointment. 

And this is very much my personal opinion but the 2020 sets really weren't that good as some say they are:
- Lab: great dinosaurs, terrible figures and a meh build with a disgusting amount of stickers. 
- 4+: just terrible all around. 
- Batmobile: great dinosaurs, terrible figures and a godawful build.
- Gyro: fantastic all around.
At least the 2021 sets have fantastic minifigures and overall just good and useful builds in 3/4 sets, which is more than I can say for the 2020 wave. 

5 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

That’s a logical conclusion that was told in here and what you have chosen to believe, not the actual reason as to why Lego produced such a poor wave this year. I don’t think universal thought over night to delay production for JWD one whole year, it was probably brought up to table when the pandemic came around for sure, and Lego knew about its delay with much anticipation than fans knew, that’s for sure.

Even if LEGO learned about the delay earlier than we thought the budget for 2021 in it's entirety was made up long before that. A company can't just conjure extra budget out of thin air, that's not how it works.

Edited by lego_guyon02

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

You're free to your own opinion of course but comparing the 2021 sets to the 2020 ones is a pretty unfair comparison. Everyone knew this wave was going to have a very small budget because of Dominion so if you were expecting to get sets similar to past years you were already setting yourself up for major disappointment. 

And this is very much my personal opinion but the 2020 sets really weren't that good as some say they are:
- Lab: great dinosaurs, terrible figures and a meh build with a disgusting amount of stickers. 
- 4+: just terrible all around. 
- Batmobile: great dinosaurs, terrible figures and a godawful build.
- Gyro: fantastic all around.
At least the 2021 sets have fantastic minifigures and overall just good and useful builds in 3/4 sets, which is more than I can say for the 2020 wave. 

That right there is where our differences stand. I buy Lego jurassic for the dinosaurs exclusively, minifigures are an extra for me in this line. If we talk other lines like Star Wars the whole thing changes and it’s because of the minifigs. Just my opinion, I respect and understand your own reasons, more power to you man!

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Even if LEGO learned about the delay earlier than we thought the budget for 2021 in it's entirety was made up long before that. A company can't just conjure extra budget out of thin air, that's not how it works.

If this is true, I hope we get more sets for 2022 than those already planned

Edited by LegoCyt

How many new species do you think we could we expect? I'm guessing anywhere from 2 to even 4, although the latter is unlikely. We can pretty much confirm Giga from Bababrick's source, and Atrociraptor may be kind of an optimal choice for Lego, seeing as they might play a higher role in JWD, and it could easily be a recolored Velociraptor (same goes for a Pyro), but by reusing previous molds, Lego could save on budget to make some completely new ones. Allosaurus would be relatively easy to make with Indoraptor body, legs, tail, and jaw, Rex arms, and a new head mold, but it may be a little less likely if it does not have high prominence in the film. Same goes for a Stego, reusing the Ankylosaur belly, legs, and leg connectors, with a new body, head, and tail. For the movie sets, Lego tries to make new dinosaurs that played a recognizable role in the films (except for the Dilophosaurus in 75916). A few examples are the Indominus from 2015 (obviously), and the Stiggy and Carno from 2018, the latter which had been anticipated for awhile in the movie series. We can also likely expect existing species in most of the six main sets and all of the following non-canon sets, like the ones that followed the FK wave back in 2018. Blue is almost undeniably going to appear, as will baby dinosaurs, most likely. Some species that have been confirmed for the movie include Dimetrodon, Lystrosaurus, Compsognathus, and Baby Nasutoceratops, so those are some potentially smaller molds Lego could produce. I just think because that this is the biggest film in the franchise so far, it makes sense we could get more species. Just pure opinion, and I am probably most certainly wrong, but it certainly is fun the speculate. That being said, we may want to wait for more info before we make substantial predictions. I'm pretty sure we can expect a Giga and Blue, but those are our only main guesses with known evidence.

I am on vacation and I just got back to this EB website.

Oh boy, i see so many random posts that don’t relate to Lego... :oh3:

Anyways, I would love to see Jurasic Park / Jurassic World CMF series. Now, don’t get me wrong... you know we have a LOT of Claire and Owen minfigures in almost every single sets.

I mean, why not Alan, Ellie, Ian, John Hammond, Sarah, Kelly, the Kirby family? Along with new baby dinosaur molds or full-grown small dinosaur (like Compy)? It may be easy to get civilian or survival variations of minifigures (it means mud on pants, scars, bandages, etc.). Seriously, I don’t buy that Jurassic Park: T-rex Rampage set and it’s a difficult access to get these minifigures and I’m not a fan of Bricklink myself. 

I don’t see a point to include dinsoaur parts in individual bags. For example, a Triceratop head is in one blind bag while its body is in other blind bag. I repeat, it’s an example, I know a Triceratops body is too larger to fit in a blind bag...

Just saying. :classic:

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am on vacation and I just got back to this EB website.

Oh boy, i see so many random posts that don’t relate to Lego... :oh3:

Anyways, I would love to see Jurasic Park / Jurassic World CMF series. Now, don’t get me wrong... you know we have a LOT of Claire and Owen minfigures in almost every single sets.

I mean, why not Alan, Ellie, Ian, John Hammond, Sarah, Kelly, the Kirby family? Along with new baby dinosaur molds or full-grown small dinosaur (like Compy)? It may be easy to get civilian or survival variations of minifigures (it means mud on pants, scars, bandages, etc.). Seriously, I don’t buy that Jurassic Park: T-rex Rampage set and it’s a difficult access to get these minifigures and I’m not a fan of Bricklink myself. 

I don’t see a point to include dinsoaur parts in individual bags. For example, a Triceratop head is in one blind bag while its body is in other blind bag. I repeat, it’s an example, I know a Triceratops body is too larger to fit in a blind bag...

Just saying. :classic:

If money didn't exist, that would be a great idea lol. Also welcome back :)

6 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

If money didn't exist, that would be a great idea lol. Also welcome back :)

Ha ha! So true... also, welcome back, DB! Hope you had a nice trip!

I have a question, sorry it's off topic a little. But anyways, in the preview when it shows the Moros Intrepidus cleaning the Giganotosaurus teeth like what some birds do to crocodiles etc, what was the Iguanodon doing? Just kinda standing there watching lol?

2 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I have a question, sorry it's off topic a little. But anyways, in the preview when it shows the Moros Intrepidus cleaning the Giganotosaurus teeth like what some birds do to crocodiles etc, what was the Iguanodon doing? Just kinda standing there watching lol?

Exactly :laugh:

As far as I’m concerned, the 2021 sets look great and are more or less exactly what I wanted. Quite honestly they’re better than I expected considering they all have dinos with new colors PLUS Camp Cretaceous figures and dinos. So for me, this wave is fantastic to be honest.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As far as I’m concerned, the 2021 sets look great and are more or less exactly what I wanted. Quite honestly they’re better than I expected considering they all have dinos with new colors PLUS Camp Cretaceous figures and dinos. So for me, this wave is fantastic to be honest.

Yeah, this wave is great! Interested to see what we could get next year. Maybe a Cretaceous Era set that has Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg lol jk

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, this wave is great! Interested to see what we could get next year. Maybe a Cretaceous Era set that has Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg lol jk

That would sell like hot cakes

30 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

That would sell like hot cakes

Honestly, I can't decide if you would be right or wrong lol

7 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That would be great if they don’t include Owen or Claire figures lol. 

yeah, it doesn't make any sense at all. Claire and owen both didn't appear in CC, and yet Lego still puts them into like every set. It sucks. I really liked the 2015 sets, because owen and claire only came in the Raptor Rampage. come on Lego, At least give me a new torso or facial expression! i guess we will have to weight for Dominion, which will most likely have a new torso, and/or facial expression for both owen and claire.

14 minutes ago, JLR said:

yeah, it doesn't make any sense at all. Claire and owen both didn't appear in CC, and yet Lego still puts them into like every set. It sucks. I really liked the 2015 sets, because owen and claire only came in the Raptor Rampage. come on Lego, At least give me a new torso or facial expression! i guess we will have to weight for Dominion, which will most likely have a new torso, and/or facial expression for both owen and claire.

They're cheap for Lego to make, so if there's a budget cut anywhere, Lego will sniff it out like a dog. I really wish they had not appeared in these sets, as it kind of ruins my view on CC's reputation. I haven't even watched it yet, so I hope Lego will fix this at some point.

BTW, are any DVD season collections of CC out yet? I do not want to purchase Netflix, and I like having a hardcopy of movies anyway, so I'd love to know.

Owen and Claire aren't just included because they're cheap to make and LEGO has a limited budget but also because they're the face of the entire franchise. LEGO is trying to get the attention of kids here so with a more kid-oriented franchise like Jurassic (at least in terms of toys) it's obvious that you'll get their attention faster if you use the two most recognisable characters. It sucks for collectors but it's great for kids as that makes it super easy to get the main characters.

This is the hair piece I reckon LEGO should have used for Brooklyn. Glad I still have it from an old Bootleg figure I own. Gonna have to do until LEGO does it themselves.

51262049915_615067363b_n.jpgHair by Chris McKinley, on Flickr