Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I know this isn't really relative to this year's Lego JW wave, but you know what we need? A novel that follows the events of re-establishing Isla Nublar after the 1993 incident. The storyline could follow the viewpoints of the hunters who capture the dinosaurs, or the builders braving the perils of the jungle, etc. Just a cool thought; I may write a fan-fic version of that myself!

The franchise needs more canon material in general. On paper it sounds like a lot when I say we have 5 movies, 1 tv show, 1 novel and the websites but it could be so much more fleshed out and I'm baffled Universal doesn't seem to realise that. Give us storydriven games, more novels, more tv shows and so on. Flesh out that universe! 

But this is going off-topic so we better leave it at this.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Apparently there is footage of a Jurassic World Dominion teaser, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

9 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Apparently there is footage of a Jurassic World Dominion teaser, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a link?

It's just some crappy pictures, no actual footage yet.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh my, hairy T. Rex :wub:

If we get hairy dinosaurs in the actual sets... gimme.

Haha, I was coming here to ask if we might get feathered prints on our dinosaurs next year lol

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh my, hairy T. Rex :wub:

If we get hairy dinosaurs in the actual sets... gimme.

I will pass on.:tongue:

59 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Haha, I was coming here to ask if we might get feathered prints on our dinosaurs next year lol

Personally, I would love to see new mold that includes feathers, giving dinosaur some texture. Like Fawkes the phoenix, flamingo, and eagle have feathery texture. But feather printing would be nice. 

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I will pass on.:tongue:

Personally, I would love to see new mold that includes feathers, giving dinosaur some texture. Like Fawkes the phoenix, flamingo, and eagle have feathery texture. But feather printing would be nice. 

That would be cool, but it would probably be easier, cheaper and more realistic for Lego if it were just printed.

Also those molds are small, especially small when compared to the Dinosaur molds (most of them anyways)

2 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

That would be cool, but it would probably be easier, cheaper and more realistic for Lego if it were just printed.

Also those molds are small, especially small when compared to the Dinosaur molds (most of them anyways)

Yup, yup

not feathers on dinosaurs  please Lego! i've always seen dinosaurs as lizard like creatures, nor birds lol. that would be weird imo

17 minutes ago, JLR said:

not feathers on dinosaurs  please Lego! i've always seen dinosaurs as lizard like creatures, nor birds lol. that would be weird imo

Scientists believe that birds may come from dinosaurian descendants. But there is no solid evidence to support the evolutionary between dinsoaurs and birds. 

Okay, I guess we are teleported into strange land of “off topics” now. 

yeah lol. back to lego, you are able to pre-order the 2021 sets now on ebay, however, they are very expensive... im gonna wait until they come out in stores! anyone going to pre-order?

46 minutes ago, JLR said:

yeah lol. back to lego, you are able to pre-order the 2021 sets now on ebay, however, they are very expensive... im gonna wait until they come out in stores! anyone going to pre-order?

WHAT THE HELICOPTER!??!?!! Those prices are mortifying!! Ouch! I can't get that $360 price for 76942 out of my head!! AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHH!!!!!!

So not me.

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Scientists believe that birds may come from dinosaurian descendants. But there is no solid evidence to support the evolutionary between dinsoaurs and birds. 

As a paleontologist myself, I just have to say that, heck, there ain't any solid evidence for feathered dinosaurs at all! Anyway, back to Lego JW.

10 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

As a paleontologist myself, I just have to say that, heck, there ain't any solid evidence for feathered dinosaurs at all!

The likes of Microraptor and Archeopteryx say hello.

6 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Go on YouTube and type “Jurassic World Dominion” the images are pretty much everywhere. It’s just a couple of blurry images but they look promising IMO.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:Personally, I would love to see new mold that includes feathers, giving dinosaur some texture. Like Fawkes the phoenix, flamingo, and eagle have feathery texture. But feather printing would be nice. 

Yes please! Where do I sign?

43 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The likes of Microraptor and Archeopteryx say hello.

Eh, both species have been recognized as birds, like Caudipteryx, Scansoriopteryx, etc. Kinda strange, but there are birds alive today with teeth and claws. It'd be cool to see an Archaeopteryx in the film, though!

1 minute ago, LegoCyt said:

Go on YouTube and type “Jurassic World Dominion” the images are pretty much everywhere. It’s just a couple of blurry images but they look promising IMO.

Hmmm... yeah, just a couple of blurred images. I wonder how they'll play a part in the film, though. I do have to say, that Giga may need to be a bit bigger.

57 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

As a paleontologist myself, I just have to say that, heck, there ain't any solid evidence for feathered dinosaurs at all!

You are joking right? 🤨

1 hour ago, LegoCyt said:

You are joking right? 🤨

Nope. We don't have solid evidence for feathers in dinosaurs. Really, the closest evidence we have to feathers is tiny muscular tissue fibers that sort of resemble feathers in many dinosaurs: Kulindadromeus, Yutyrannus, Sinosauropteryx, etc. I do have to say, they really do resemble feathers, but they are beneath the dermal layer of skin, so they cannot be feathers unless they are outside of the body. Otherwise, all other dinosaurs with guesswork feathers are either assumptions or speculation. It's really annoying when scientists portray dinosaurs as having feathers when they have no evidence. In fact, we have recently found intact skin for multiple species, like Tyrannosaurus, Utahraptor, Therizinosaurus, Velociraptor, and many, many more, and they have shown only scales and ridges; no feathers. I do remember the Archaeoraptor Scandal though :laugh:. I would not mind feathered dinosaurs in Dominion, just as a bit of diversity among the seemingly basic placements in the franchise. According to ScreenRant, Oviraptor will be the first feathered dinosaur that appears in the actual film, but I'm not sure if it means the F9 short or Dominion itself. Hm.

We may be straying a bit off-topic with this though. :shrug_oh_well: If you want to know more, feel free to message me!

Edited by pancakecrocodile
Spelled Sinosauropteryx wrong, dang it!

31 minutes ago, JLR said:

Science is against you on this way I’m afraid :wink:

But in all seriousness this will only affect the two-legged dinos (there’s debate if the TRex had feathers) so four-legged dinos are unaffected. Also this won’t be a permanent change, just a few reprints / moulds which will likely remain unique to this film 

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

But in all seriousness this will only affect the two-legged dinos (there’s debate if the TRex had feathers) so four-legged dinos are unaffected. Also this won’t be a permanent change, just a few reprints / moulds which will likely remain unique to this film 

I believe the Pyroraptor's movie design includes feathers, so I wonder, taking the raptor arms, Lego could add small wings or branches of feathers, kind of like the eagle or phoenix molds that DBlegonerd7 mentioned. I love that red-blue-tan color scheme in the toy model! Do you guys think that a Pyro could make it into Lego form?

Edit: BTW, I just noticed some discrepancy between the previous Baryonyx body and this year's version: two of the small spikes that are in front of where the studs begin are missing. I don't think that would necessarily be just for a budget cut, because it looks like you can now attach a 2x4 without it overlapping the tail. I wonder if that kind of trait will take place next year?

i really don't think that LEGO is going to make feathers dinos..i could be wrong though. Kids and adults alike have always imagined dinosaurs as more scaly, lizard like creatures, and the LG wants to suit the publics interests the most. Let's be honest, even if lego does make feathered dinosaurs, they usually don't make the most realistic things anyway! this is actually really going off topic haha. Anyway, who here prefers the old baryonyx printing over the new? i do!

39 minutes ago, JLR said:

i really don't think that LEGO is going to make feathers dinos..i could be wrong though. Kids and adults alike have always imagined dinosaurs as more scaly, lizard like creatures, and the LG wants to suit the publics interests the most. Let's be honest, even if lego does make feathered dinosaurs, they usually don't make the most realistic things anyway! this is actually really going off topic haha. Anyway, who here prefers the old baryonyx printing over the new? i do!

Agreed. I definitely preferred the old Baryonyx printing because it looks a lot more realistic than this year's. I get they were trying to recreate Grim as much as possible, but the colors appear a little too vibrant. I would've gone with a standard green body, a dark nougat underbelly, a dark green back and body stripes, and orange orbits with orange pattern running down the neck and back. Hopefully we'll see Limbo's coloration someday. I'd literally kill for some future CC sets!

The only feathered dinosaur in Lego form I'd want to see would be the Pyroraptor, simply because of that coloration. Otherwise, no feathered dinos for me, please!

Huh, I thought the chat would be flooded with the leaked preview footage...

Well, I was coming here to ask,

in the scene where rexy (or Roberta, doesn't matter) runs out infront of the drive-in theatre, bloods shoots onto the screen, it's pretty dark and I can't see that well at this time lol, but how did that blood get there? Right now I think rexy hit a car and that crushed someone in half or something like that.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

3 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Reveal hidden contents

in the scene where rexy (or Roberta, doesn't matter) runs out infront of the drive-in theatre, bloods shoots onto the screen, it's pretty dark and I can't see that well at this time lol, but how did that blood get there? Right now I think rexy hit a car and that crushed someone in half or something like that.

I don’t think that’s blood, I figured it’s the film reel burning because of camera malfunction or heat overexposure. I could be wrong. Anyways very promising footage. There’s another clip circulating with Dreadnoughtus and Quetzalcoatltus 

4 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

I don’t think that’s blood, I figured it’s the film reel burning because of camera malfunction or heat overexposure. I could be wrong. Anyways very promising footage. There’s another clip circulating with Dreadnoughtus and Quetzalcoatltus 

I think it is blood because there is a person who looks like they are falling kindoff, tbh I can't really see it that well lol. Also, why would it be burning for no reason lol? I have seen that, good CGI for the Cretaceous.