Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

Can we expect other Jurassic PARK sets in the future ? we only got 2 at the moments...... t-rex "UCS" and Raptors chase.

I'm a so big fan of the first trilogy...

Hard to say. All we really know about the performance of those 2 sets, which ultimately determines wether or not more will be made in the future, is that the D2C was a massive flop (which LEGO fully deserved imo as it was painfully obvious that they didn't do any market research whatsoever). 

But who knows? Maybe they'll take advantage of the Legacy trio returning for Dominion next year and make some more JP sets :shrug_oh_well:

8 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

Hi guys,

Can we expect other Jurassic PARK sets in the future ? we only got 2 at the moments...... t-rex "UCS" and Raptors chase.

I'm a so big fan of the first trilogy...

Thanks

Pretty sure everyone here would love original trilogy sets lol, but the only information we have about next year's wave is setnumbers and their prices and they are almost certainly Dominion sets, so it would just be guessing if it were for original trilogy sets.

Since Ceolephysis will be in Jurassic World Evolution 2, and that game is 'based' off Jurassic World Dominion. Do you think that Ceolephysis could be in dominion and also in one of the small Lego sets? It already has a mold and I'd love to see it again lol (Same for Amargosaurus, but the chances of Lego making new big molds for it is highly unlikely) 

(Also, since no-one else has mentioned it, the Stygimoloch has Baryonyx Limbos colour scheme, is this LEGOs was of acknowledging Limbos existence?)

29 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Since Ceolephysis will be in Jurassic World Evolution 2, and that game is 'based' off Jurassic World Dominion. Do you think that Ceolephysis could be in dominion and also in one of the small Lego sets? It already has a mold and I'd love to see it again lol (Same for Amargosaurus, but the chances of Lego making new big molds for it is highly unlikely) 

(Also, since no-one else has mentioned it, the Stygimoloch has Baryonyx Limbos colour scheme, is this LEGOs was of acknowledging Limbos existence?)

Neither Coelophysis nor Amargasaurus are among the rumored dinosaurs for Dominion so I highly doubt that. Take in mind that Jurassic World Evolution 2 is a seperate thing to the movies and not "based off" Dominion as you say, it's a tie-in at best. To add to that the sequel has 75+ species, many of which have never even appeared in Jurassic media (just like with JWE1). Speculating some dinosaurs are in JWD solely based on their appearances in JWE2 is a bit of a stretch. 

As for Styggy: I think you're looking into it a bit too much. Limbo's colorscheme is fairly basic and also used on a Sarcosuchus in Mattel's lineup, just to give an example. Green and brown in general is just a fairly common combination of colors for prehistoric animals :shrug_oh_well:

wait, so if those 4 therapods are Atrociraptors, but there are 4 of them and 3 of them have pretty much the exact same colour scheme, doesn't that mean that there are also 3 Deinonychus in the film that will have different biome colour schemes?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

I've never seen Lego recolor a dinosaur and label it as a different species. I wonder if that would be the case for the Dominion wave. Here would be my guesses:

Velociraptor = Deinonychus (or whatever species it is)

Indominus Rex = Giganotosaurus

Baryonyx = Suchomimus

Baby Theropod = Compy

I think we can expect a Deinonychus the most, just because of the easy accessibility TLG has to design and produce it.

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:
  Reveal hidden contents

wait, so if those 4 therapods are Atrociraptors, but there are 4 of them and 3 of them have pretty much the exact same colour scheme, doesn't that mean that there are also 3 Deinonychus in the film that will have different biome colour schemes?

I'm not sure... you have the right idea, I think.

9 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I've never seen Lego recolor a dinosaur and label it as a different species. I wonder if that would be the case for the Dominion wave. Here would be my guesses:

Velociraptor = Deinonychus (or whatever species it is)

Indominus Rex = Giganotosaurus

Baryonyx = Suchomimus

Baby Theropod = Compy

I think we can expect a Deinonychus the most, just because of the easy accessibility TLG has to design and produce it.

I'm not sure... you have the right idea, I think.

I can confirm that the giganotosaurus is in these sets but I can assure you that it will not be a recolored indominus.

20 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

I can confirm that the giganotosaurus is in these sets but I can assure you that it will not be a recolored indominus.

Oh boy, I really hope so! Is that from your source, or just common reasoning?

48 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

Do you already have set names and/or set descriptions for the 2022 wave?? I suppose that is possible since the sets were originally planned for 2021 release but were just delayed... but that still seems really early. Any more info you can share?

29 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Oh boy, I really hope so! Is that from your source, or just common reasoning?

Both. Logically, lego shouldn't reuse the same molds if they want to sell it. Also, my source confirmed to me that he would not reuse all of the same limbs as the indominus. I think you should expect a new mold of the head and maybe the arms.

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Do you already have set names and/or set descriptions for the 2022 wave?? I suppose that is possible since the sets were originally planned for 2021 release but were just delayed... but that still seems really early. Any more info you can share?

No i only know the description of set 76949 at the moment but here are my predictions for the dominion wave.

76949: giganotosaurus

76948: t-rex

76947: deinonychus

76946: Blue

76945: baby dinosaur (ankylosaurus or triceratops) maybe the 2 ?

76944 : mosasaurus

PS: it is possible that another dinosaur is in set 76949 given the price of the set. My source is not so sure on this point.

24 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

Both. Logically, lego shouldn't reuse the same molds if they want to sell it. Also, my source confirmed to me that he would not reuse all of the same limbs as the indominus. I think you should expect a new mold of the head and maybe the arms.

That makes sense, seeing as the heads look different in many regards.

24 minutes ago, Bababricks said:

No i only know the description of set 76949 at the moment but here are my predictions for the dominion wave.

PS: it is possible that another dinosaur is in set 76949 given the price of the set. My source is not so sure on this point.

Those are good predictions. I really hope you're right about 76944! Would an Allosaurus or Stegosaurus be likely at all?

Edited by pancakecrocodile

1 hour ago, Bababricks said:

That is exactly what I was hoping for lol, thanks.

Also, I found a thing on instagram, those 4 therapods are not Deinonychus, and indeed Atrociraptors!

However there are 4 Atrociraptors (and 3 of them have pretty much the exact same colour scheme), and in the Deinonychus rumours there were only 3 and they all had different colour schemes that are based on biomes, so I think it's possible for both Atrociraptors and Deinonychus, guess we will find out later...

(Also wasn't there an official Jurassic World thing where they got a designer to make designs for 4 species (Giganotosaurus, Dimetrodon, Pyroraptor and Deinonychus) That were based off the ones that would be in the film, but look a little different?

Edited by AxolotlPlays

16 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

That makes sense, seeing as the heads look different in many regards.

Those are good predictions. I really hope you're right about 76944! Would an Allosaurus or Stegosaurus be likely at all?

i don't think lego will make an allosaurus out of legend of isla nublar because it has too secondary a role in the movies and according to rumors it should stay like this in the next movie. As for the Stegosaurus it is quite possible. I think he would reuse the legs and belly of the ankylosaurus with a new tail piece and a new body / head piece

I'll just be honest here and say that given the info we currently have I'm not yet convinced that there's any real source behind this :sceptic:

For starters it doesn't take much more than plain logical thinking to assume Giganotosaurus is in the largest Dominion set. Sam Neill himself had quite a bit to say about the creature and we've all seen the giant animatronic that leaked a while back. It's clear as day that the Giga will have a fairly prominent role in the film and it's therefore more than safe to assume that LEGO will most likely try to take advantage of that. Because what species better to include in the flagship set of the wave than a gigantic (and brand new) carnivore? Kids sure do love carnivores :tongue:

Another thing that raises some eyebrows is the alleged source only having details on one of the sets. I know I haven't been "in the game" long as far as you guys know but info leaks for larger waves usually happen in the form of large(r) infodumps, meaning details for numerous sets become available at once. Considering the sets aren't coming out until April or May of 2022 the available information being this limited is very peculiar, even when taking in mind the fact that they were supposed to come out this year. 

That said everyone is of course free to choose what they do and don't want to believe. And in the end I wouldn't be at all surprised if the set does contain a Giganotosaurus because like I said: it's all just plain logical thinking :shrug_oh_well:

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'll just be honest here and say that given the info we currently have I'm not yet convinced that there's any real source behind this :sceptic:

For starters it doesn't take much more than plain logical thinking to assume Giganotosaurus is in the largest Dominion set. Sam Neill himself had quite a bit to say about the creature and we've all seen the giant animatronic that leaked a while back. It's clear as day that the Giga will have a fairly prominent role in the film and it's therefore more than safe to assume that LEGO will most likely try to take advantage of that. Because what species better to include in the flagship set of the wave than a gigantic (and brand new) carnivore? Kids sure do love carnivores :tongue:

Another thing that raises some eyebrows is the alleged source only having details on one of the sets. I know I haven't been "in the game" long as far as you guys know but info leaks for larger waves usually happen in the form of large(r) infodumps, meaning details for numerous sets become available at once. Considering the sets aren't coming out until April or May of 2022 the available information being this limited is very peculiar, even when taking in mind the fact that they were supposed to come out this year. 

That said everyone is of course free to choose what they do and don't want to believe. And in the end I wouldn't be at all surprised if the set does contain a Giganotosaurus because like I said: it's all just plain logical thinking :shrug_oh_well:

legoguyon_02 i don't make you believe me and i understand your point of view.

Also, my source can still be wrong even though it has been reliable so far.

2 hours ago, Bababricks said:

Ah really? Well, thank you for this! :classic:

1 hour ago, Bababricks said:

Even tho there are no piece counts or set names, I like your predictions! 

To be honest, I hope you are right about Mosaaurus. I will try to keep my hope low at the same time, of course. 

Anyways, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

a mosasaurus would be awesome! do you think the side build would be an aquarium or.....

2 hours ago, Bababricks said:

I’m keeping my expectations for 2022 pretty low and these rumors certainly contribute!

2 hours ago, JLR said:

a mosasaurus would be awesome! do you think the side build would be an aquarium or.....

My prediction if Mosasaurus were in a set (finally) for next year, based on your idea:

76944 - Mosasaurus Pursuit - $49.99 - Around 200 to 250 pieces - 3 minifigs, 1 Mosasaurus, 1 Small Helicopter, 1 Small Boat, 2 Buoys

When could we expect the soonest leak for next year?

Edited by pancakecrocodile

27 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

When could we expect the soonest leak for next year?

The first rumors will probably start popping up around November-January but then it might still take some time to go public :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The first rumors will probably start popping up around November-January but then it might still take some time to go public :shrug_oh_well:

Good deal. I noticed that we got images of these new 2021 sets at the beginning of summer, so that makes sense the first rumors being a few months ahead of time. Thanks!

2 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Good deal. I noticed that we got images of these new 2021 sets at the beginning of summer, so that makes sense the first rumors being a few months ahead of time. Thanks!

Agreed - it was totally unexpected to see 2021 sets shown up on Lego Shop website at the beginning of the summer, jsut a few months away from release date.

I’m pretty sure it may make sense for Dominion’s first rumors between Nov - Jan. I am looking forward for the rumor/leak season, haha. 

51 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Well that Jurassic World Evolution gameplay reveal was the biggest waste of time ever :ugh: What a joke.

Agreed