Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, LegoCyt said:

Typo... I mean sailed

Oh, lol. Well, these are just the current leaks that he has shared... So it's entirely possible for Spinosaurus, but right now, there is no evidence to suggest it's existence in the film.

Since the Dominion sets were postponed, and the non-dominion sets stayed back, do you think it's possible that any original 2022 sets will coincide with the postponed sets? Hopefully not, I hope if there were 2022 sets planned, that they pushed it back to 2023 because, I'm not that rich lol, and same for a lot of us (also hopefully we get Baryonyx Limbo at some point)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

2 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Since the Dominion sets were postponed, and the non-dominion sets stayed back, do you think it's possible that any original 2022 sets will coincide with the postponed sets? Hopefully not, I hope if there were 2022 sets planned, that they pushed it back to 2023 because, I'm not that rich lol, and same for a lot of us (also hopefully we get Baryonyx Limbo at some point)

There's really no possible way of knowing, at least not until much closer to 2022. But considering the Dominion wave was originally planned alongside this upcoming Camp Cretaceous wave it wouldn't be impossible for the wave that was originally planned for 2022 to stick to it's release. If there's a wave after Dominion to begin with.

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

There's really no possible way of knowing, at least not until much closer to 2022. But considering the Dominion wave was originally planned alongside this upcoming Camp Cretaceous wave it wouldn't be impossible for the wave that was originally planned for 2022 to stick to it's release. If there's a wave after Dominion to begin with.

I agreed. 

I have a quick quesiton - I remember we used to talk about two waves several months ago. Since the Dominon wave was postponed to 2022, all we have for this year is Camp Cretaceous wave. 

But i remember you did mention 12 sets spreading over 2 years, right? I may be wrong tho. 

Anyways, we already know about sets for 2022 so far:

76944: $49.99

76945: $19.99

76946: $29.99

76947: $39.99

76948: $49.99

76949: $119.99

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But i remember you did mention 12 sets spreading over 2 years, right? I may be wrong tho. 

When did I say that?

19 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agreed. 

I have a quick quesiton - I remember we used to talk about two waves several months ago. Since the Dominon wave was postponed to 2022, all we have for this year is Camp Cretaceous wave. 

Anyways, we already know about sets for 2022 so far:

76944: $49.99

76945: $19.99

76946: $29.99

76947: $39.99

76948: $49.99

76949: $119.99

We also know that 76950, 76951 and 76952 are coming.

So that's 9 sets for 2022 (and a possibility of retailer exclusive sets just like for Fallen Kingdom).

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So that's 9 sets for 2022 (and a possibility of retailer exclusive sets just like for Fallen Kingdom).

Plus polybag and most likely promotional stuff

On 1/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

I can't and won't elaborate much more on it but there are actually 12 sets.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

When did I say that?

Back to Page 1.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Exactly. 

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Back to Page 1.

I see, genuinely didn't remember that. That initial number I posted did include the CC sets though and is no longer accurate (which often happens with early rumors like these). 

There's a good amount of sets coming spread out over various price ranges, sounds pretty vague but I can't say more than that :tongue:

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

There's a good amount of sets coming spread out over various price ranges, sounds pretty vague but I can't say more than that :tongue:

Oof, sounds like my wallets death scene

Wait a minute, does the Carnotaurus Dinosaur Chase set cost a lot because of the asymmetrical printing? If blue finally gets an accurate figure, she might be in like a $40 set.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Obviously. :classic:

9 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Oof, sounds like my wallets death scen

Oh, are you going to feed your wallet to a baby Velocriraptor? Well, I will be happy with a good amount of sets in a near future so we could collect amazing prehistoric creatures. 

I am just optimistic cautiously at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh, are you going to feed your wallet to a baby Velocriraptor?

Well that would be a waste of $7 lol

i'm thinking maybe only buying the carnotaurus set... the others aren't very exciting to me. I think i might want to pick up the t.rex rampage before it retires....

33 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Well that would be a waste of $7 lol

I never understood that mini/poly bag set. I'm all for more micro sets/lower priced sets. They should have had all 4 of the baby raptors and maybe a few more pieces and sold it for 9.99. Would have killed I bet. 

37 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

They should have had all 4 of the baby raptors and maybe a few more pieces and sold it for 9.99. Would have killed I bet. 

Thats exactly what I thought like 2 years ago when it was revealed XD

I wonder what new species we'll get next year. 2015 gave us a new Dilophosaurus and Indominus in contrast to 2012 Dino wave. Then, in 2018, we got Stygimoloch, Carnotaurus, and Indoraptor for Fallen Kingdom. 2019 saw the new Dilophosaurus mold, along with the Baryonyx. In 2020, we received two new baby variant molds of Triceratops and Ankylosaurus, along with the appearance of Ankylosaurus and Gallimimus, accompanied by an updated Indominus. Nothing new here in 2021, but with the money saved by using previous molds, and because of the higher prices per set material useage, next year's sets may be even bigger than Fallen Kingdom. The budget is impossible to predict, but we might be able to make a good guess. I hope we get at least 4 new species, because we know species as possibilities for the film.

Spoiler

Just a bit of thinking ahead: I think we can expect a Pyroraptor, maybe just a recolored Velociraptor mold. Same with a possible Deinonychus. Either could be in the $30 or $40 sets. I think that Allosaurus would be likely, since it had a prominent role in LoIN and BaBR, maybe appearing in a $50 set, with Indoraptor body, legs, tail, and jaw, Rex arms, and a new head. Stegosaurus is one that has been at the top of my list, and probably many others', and is now possible with the Ankylosaurus lower body section. Maybe it could star in one of the $50 sets? Parasaurolophus is a must at some point, probably not this year, but would be nice to get soon. Giganotosaurus is pretty likely, considering the price for 76949 and its animatronic leak for Dominion. I think that it may most likely be a recolored Indominus. Boy, I'm really excited, but I do not want to get my hopes up.

What dinosaurs do you guys think are likely for next year?

there will most likely be a recoloring for raptor blue, right? sorry if i am re-quoting anybody, i'm not checking what others are saying all the time :)

49 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

What dinosaurs do you guys think are likely for next year?

There are a few dinosaurs I think have already "earned" a spot in the line, with several appearances in Jurassic media, and you mention some of them: Stego, Para and Allosaurus. I would add Compies and Dimorphodons to that list. But what LEGO will choose depend on what dinosaurs Dominion will promote. This just showcases how I think the JW line can last a few more years in LEGO form.

8 minutes ago, JLR said:

there will most likely be a recoloring for raptor blue, right? sorry if i am re-quoting anybody, i'm not checking what others are saying all the time :)

I don't think there is a confirmation, but Blue's presence in the Dominion wave is like Owen's presence: a given.

There are at least 3 dinosaurs that can be safely assumed to be in the sets: Blue, Roberta and the Giganotosaurus. 

Pretty funny how Parasaurolophus is the only dinosaur that's been in every cannon movie/short story/tv series but hasn't been made into a figure lol.

27 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Pretty funny how Parasaurolophus is the only dinosaur that's been in every cannon movie/short story/tv series but hasn't been made into a figure lol.

Just had to look it up to find out where they all were. I only had memory of them being in the films/series like 3 times! :iamded_lol:

17 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Just had to look it up to find out where they all were. I only had memory of them being in the films/series like 3 times! :iamded_lol:

Lol, yeah, battle at big rock took out a lot of species like T rex, Velociraptor, Triceratops etc. But Parasaurolophus has been in every film

(JP: Drinking water by the lake with Brachiosaurus.

TLW: Scene where dinosaurs are hunted by ingen.

JP3: That scene where the main characters are running from Velociraptors and run into the hadrosaur herd.

JW: Gyrosphere valley

JWFK: Escaping Volcano (but if you disagree, it's in a vehicle that's going onto the boat and also at the end when they are trapped in the mansion)

BABR: End credits

JWCC: Being transported to their nighttime enclosures)

Edited by AxolotlPlays

allosaurus would be an interesting mold..... would they use indoraptor body, or more t.rex style? i'm sure there is going to be an allosaurus lego fugure for 2022! if so, if gonna be an immediate buy for me

6 hours ago, JLR said:

if so, if gonna be an immediate buy for me

What if it's like extremely ugly or wayyyy overpriced lol?

Then i guess i wouldn't buy it...lol. i'm just saying- i'd love a lego allosaurus! What dinosaurs do you guys want most for Dominion?