Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, JLR said:

do any of you guys do stop motion? i just tryed out my first Jurassic world stop motion like a week ago!

Wow! That's really cool!

I myself do a bit, but only when I have a couple days off from work. It takes quite a bit of time! But you did a really good job; keep up the good work!

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey Nizzy! “A bit”? Dude, you had been not around here for a LONG time! It’s nice to have you here again!

yes that annoying Owen and Claire minifigures... At least you could feed them to the hungry Trex, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, and Velocriatpor!

I agree - the prices don’t make sense at all if pieces are pretty low. And no two dinoNasirs in two large sets? Bummer but I really like all sets tho!

now we will have to wait a bit for Dominion wave next year. :classic:

Yeah I know bro, I got lucky and found a cheap house finally no more apartment. My ex-wife treated me really bad after our son was born and I kept thinking it was going to get better but it never did. Things are getting better now... I just have to finish building our custom LEGO table! 

I remember previous posts about the upcoming Dominion wave and then hearing the movie kept getting pushed back so I kind of just mentally stopped thinking about Jurassic World Legos (also my son is getting obsessed with Star Wars). Does anyone know if there's going to be another season of Lego Jurassic World/Isla of Nublar? We never did get that beautiful blue Allosaurus. 

It doesn't bother me if each wave has 1 Owen, but why keep putting Owen in multiple sets? I haven't watched Camp Cretaceous after season 1, is Owen even in that show? How about Dr. Wu instead or this Hap character? What about Roxie or Dave, unless this set is based upon season 2 of the show only. I bought my son the 4-pack Mandalorian battle pack because it was cheap/on-sale for 9.99 and it came with all black minifigure heads. We just used a few Owen heads because my son didn't like the blank minifigure heads with no faces. Thanks Owen.

I also remember Guyon02 saying he expects the Jurassic World series to be discontinued after Dominion, so sets based off the netflix show are completely unexpected for me. More sets is better than no sets. I probably will wait until some of these go on sale though, hopefully for Black Friday/Christmas time? 

RE: No 2 dinosaurs. You're completely right. They totally forgot to throw in a random pterodactyl with a different skin! haha

5 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I will be buying all of them. I don't think my OCD would let me miss any lol (except for brickheadz and that exclusive t rex + some promotional stuff)

I couldn't bring myself to buy the bat mobile // research lab vehicle set. Did you buy that one? Not hating if you did at all, just doesn't have a lot of playability factor for me. 

4 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Yeah I know bro, I got lucky and found a cheap house finally no more apartment. My ex-wife treated me really bad after our son was born and I kept thinking it was going to get better but it never did. Things are getting better now... I just have to finish building our custom LEGO table! 

I remember previous posts about the upcoming Dominion wave and then hearing the movie kept getting pushed back so I kind of just mentally stopped thinking about Jurassic World Legos (also my son is getting obsessed with Star Wars). Does anyone know if there's going to be another season of Lego Jurassic World/Isla of Nublar? We never did get that beautiful blue Allosaurus. 

It doesn't bother me if each wave has 1 Owen, but why keep putting Owen in multiple sets? I haven't watched Camp Cretaceous after season 1, is Owen even in that show? How about Dr. Wu instead or this Hap character? What about Roxie or Dave, unless this set is based upon season 2 of the show only. I bought my son the 4-pack Mandalorian battle pack because it was cheap/on-sale for 9.99 and it came with all black minifigure heads. We just used a few Owen heads because my son didn't like the blank minifigure heads with no faces. Thanks Owen.

I also remember Guyon02 saying he expects the Jurassic World series to be discontinued after Dominion, so sets based off the netflix show are completely unexpected for me. More sets is better than no sets. I probably will wait until some of these go on sale though, hopefully for Black Friday/Christmas time? 

RE: No 2 dinosaurs. You're completely right. They totally forgot to throw in a random pterodactyl with a different skin! haha

I couldn't bring myself to buy the bat mobile // research lab vehicle set. Did you buy that one? Not hating if you did at all, just doesn't have a lot of playability factor for me. 

Oof, are you ok?

I used to have a Lego table, but it took up too much space so now I have 2 shelves lol.

Seems like no new Lego Jurassic World show.

This wave has characters from season 1, random 'guard' from season 3 (if you just count him as a mercenary) and Owen/Claire from the movies. (Technically Claire was mentioned in season 1 of Camp Cretaceous tho lol)

Pretty sure he said that 'he wouldn't be surprised if the Jurassic theme was cut after dominion sets'?

Yeah, I bought that set, but I will always tell myself that the Jurassic Park D2C was more expensive lol

Also, Baryonyx Grim colouration has grown on me, and I like it now lol (I never hated it, just thought it was too vibrant lol)

@AxolotlPlays do you like the rest of the set? i like the idea of a ship and all that, but i was really hoping for some good P-P ratios this year! too bad. I'm almost positive that the Dominion sets will be better. The movie sets are almost always better in my opinion

18 minutes ago, JLR said:

@AxolotlPlays do you like the rest of the set? i like the idea of a ship and all that, but i was really hoping for some good P-P ratios this year! too bad. I'm almost positive that the Dominion sets will be better. The movie sets are almost always better in my opinion

If you're waiting for Jurassic sets to get good PPR's you'll be waiting a very long time. As long as these sets contain dinosaurs (which is the whole concept of the theme) the PPR will remain high.

well the 2015 sets did have reasonable PPR like the raptor escape, indominous rex breakout, pteranodon campture, ect. It seems to me that lego always have better PPR with the sets that are based off of the films, while the 2019, 2020, and now 2021 sets are not as good, since they are not movie based sets. And also, lego will introduce new dinos next year for dominion. I'm hoping that lego makes a sauropod dinosaur for Dominion!

2 minutes ago, JLR said:

well the 2015 sets did have reasonable PPR like the raptor escape, indominous rex breakout, pteranodon campture, ect. It seems to me that lego always have better PPR with the sets that are based off of the films, while the 2019, 2020, and now 2021 sets are not as good, since they are not movie based sets. And also, lego will introduce new dinos next year for dominion. I'm hoping that lego makes a sauropod dinosaur for Dominion!

The PPR's we got in 2015 are mostly very similar to the ones we're getting in 2021, especially if you take inflation into consideration. To add to that the sets you specifically mentioned as having a reasonable PPR use a fairly large amount of small pieces as opposed to larger ones. The PPR for the 2021 sets is on the higher side of the spectrum but that's what you get when sets have both dinosaurs and large pieces. A wave being based on a movie or not doesn't impact the price or PPR, the amount of used parts and their size do.

3 hours ago, JLR said:

Yeah, I like the look of the set. And on the box it says it floats (for anyone that wants to put it in water(I'm just a collector lol, water feature is useless to me)).

The builds of these sets look amazing so we will see...

Sauropods would be cool, but extremely unlikely, the best you would get is maybe that baby Brachiosaurus from season 3 or Mussaurus (anything of that sauropods size, Lego wouldn't make Mussaurus if it's not in a film, the only species that we have in Lego form that isn't in the movies is Ceolephysis (I think it was Mononykus that was in Lockwood's mansion)) or maybe a 'small' Apatosaurus.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

58 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Sauropods would be cool, but extremely unlikely, the best you would get is maybe that baby Brachiosaurus from season 3 or Mussaurus (anything of that sauropods size, Lego wouldn't make Mussaurus if it's not in a film, the only species that we have in Lego form that isn't in the movies is Ceolephysis (I think it was Mononykus that was in Lockwood's mansion)) or maybe a 'small' Apatosaurus.

Apatosaurus would most likely be the best option for a Lego sauropod; the body only has to be the size of a Rex's (maybe a bit bigger), the legs as tall as Rex legs, and two tail sections. The neck may only need one section, with a new head. So really, a sauropod would be a very ambitious project for TLG, because of the size and all-new pieces, and they'd have to put it in a $100 or more set with a low PP ratio. I'm fine with it as long as we get new dinosaurs, but still... A Mononykus based on the baby raptor mold sounds great!

Even tho this comment DOESN’T relate to lego at all... so I apologize about it!

Anyways, I heard some odd rumors that Universal reportedly wants robotic dinosaur in Jurasic Park franchise. Honestly, I don’t like that idea...it’s too...well, futuristic. 

Now back to lego topic, we already have dino mech set from, I think, 2019. But I find it a “meh” myself. Definitley, I don’t want to see another dino mech or something futuristic. I mean, Jurasic Park/World is about living dinosaurs and we love some dinosaur molds, such as Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus rex, Pteranodon, Velociraptor, Carnotaurus, and so on.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Even tho this comment DOESN’T relate to lego at all... so I apologize about it!

Anyways, I heard some odd rumors that Universal reportedly wants robotic dinosaur in Jurasic Park franchise. Honestly, I don’t like that idea...it’s too...well, futuristic. 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. This particularly "rumor" comes from We Got This Covered and, as everything from that site, is complete and utter bs. 

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. This particularly "rumor" comes from We Got This Covered and, as everything from that site, is complete and utter bs. 

Hold on, that WGTC? THAT one? They were the one who “claimed” that Disney would buy DC other day??

Well, thankfully, I am relieved! Thank you!

Lol yeah, I do not want robot dinosaurs or Fast and the Furious in Jurassic World lol.

Also, the brown on the new  Stygimoloch reminds me so much of the 2012 Triceratops, it's nice lol

Edited by AxolotlPlays

15 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Lol yeah, I do not want robot dinosaurs or Fast and the Furious in Jurassic World lo

Well....that Fast and Furious “claim” sounded terrible. If it’s from We Got This Covered then they shut up, lol. 

Okay,this has nothing to do with lego now as the topic is slightly off. 

Back to the lego topic - everyone, which set(s) you will plan to buy?  For me, it would be Carnotaurus Chase and T-rex Fossil Exhiiion sets. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Back to the lego topic - everyone, which set(s) you will plan to buy?  For me, it would be Carnotaurus Chase and T-rex Fossil Exhiiion sets. 

Hmm... probably Carnotaurus Chase. Maybe Baryonyx and Stygimoloch from 76942 and 76939, but not the whole sets. The only reason I'd get 76940 is for the baby Triceratops, because I only collect the dinosaurs from the sets. These are cool by themselves, but involving the prices, ugh...

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Back to the lego topic - everyone, which set(s) you will plan to buy? 

All of them.

i'd love to know everyone's opinions on the new carnotaurus printing! which one do you like better: 2018 vs 2021? me: 2021 for one simple fact, the scar printing is so cool!

Just now, JLR said:

i'd love to know everyone's opinions on the new carnotaurus printing! which one do you like better: 2018 vs 2021? me: 2021 for one simple fact, the scar printing is so cool!

Both are great imo, don't really have a preference. Toro just gets that little extra bit of detail because he's a named dinosaur with a unique attribute to his appearance so kids will be able to recognise him :shrug_oh_well:

13 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Both are great imo, don't really have a preference. Toro just gets that little extra bit of detail because he's a named dinosaur with a unique attribute to his appearance so kids will be able to recognise him :shrug_oh_well:

@JLR, I do agree with Guyon’s post. For me, I like Toro more. I never have Carnotaurus in my collection tho. 

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well....that Fast and Furious “claim” sounded terrible. If it’s from We Got This Covered then they shut up, lol. 

Okay,this has nothing to do with lego now as the topic is slightly off. 

Yeah lol, I know it wasn't real but just saying no to the idea of it lol.

I am going to get all of them

Jurassic World Dominion spoilers. Credit to Perryn Wickenden.

The confirmed list is: 

Pyroraptor
Deinonychus
Lystosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Dimetrodon
Plesiosaurus
Unconfirmed list(however I've heard from many insiders that these guys will be in the film):
Theizinosaurus(it won't be feathered, but quilled)
Quetzalcoatlus
Microceratus
A third unknown raptor(either utahraptor or a species similar to the cut excavaraptor)
A small appearance of the dreadnaughtus
And a return of the ceratosaurus on the big screen

Edited by AxolotlPlays

30 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Jurassic World Dominion spoilers. Credit to Perryn Wickenden.

Reveal hidden contents

The confirmed list is: 

Pyroraptor
Deinonychus
Lystosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Dimetrodon
Plesiosaurus
Unconfirmed list(however I've heard from many insiders that these guys will be in the film):
Theizinosaurus(it won't be feathered, but quilled)
Quetzalcoatlus (basically identical to the 2014 Jurassic World pitch trailer)
Microceratus
A third unknown raptor(either utahraptor or a species similar to the cut excavaraptor)
A small appearance of the dreadnaughtus
And a return of the ceratosaurus on the big screen

No sealed boy?

Just now, LegoCyt said:

No sealed boy?

What do you mean?

Also

Some Dino's do have descriptions, like we have 3 deininychus with environmental nicknames, the plesiosaurus is both an orca colour and as bluey green colour. The queztilcoatilus is near identical to the Jurassic world pitch from 2014.