Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

40 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if I got to change one thing about this wave of sets I would change Brooklyn’s face and if I could hair

lol yeah. (also maybe for the juniors set, swap the side the slide is on, so its a little more accurate to the actual show)

Also finally got a profile picture lol

4 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

lol yeah. (also maybe for the juniors set, swap the side the slide is on, so its a little more accurate to the actual show)

While that would be fantastic for a MOC the slide would have to be mirrored, thus requiring a new mold.

I know it's unlikely, but it would be great if LEGO keep the trend with brick-built skeletons like 76940. Specially an Spinosaurus fossil with the Baryonyx head mold as the skull!

29 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

While that would be fantastic for a MOC the slide would have to be mirrored, thus requiring a new mold.

Oof yeah. Perhaps you could just get that piece, but flip it upside down, so the antistuds connect to one of those pieces that has the studs on its side? That might work (actually the slide might go backwards...)

1 minute ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I know it's unlikely, but it would be great if LEGO keep the trend with brick-built skeletons like 76940. Specially an Spinosaurus fossil with the Baryonyx head mold as the skull!

Yeah, we already have a triceratops skull, perhaps a Velociraptor?

37 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Good for you! *sticking a gold star sticker to your forehead* lol

Anyways, I don’t think we would have CC-inspired sets next year but I know we will have Dominion wave. Unless one or two sets would be based on CC and Brooklyn would get better hairpiece and head, that would be great!

6 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

And Mosasaurus? :)

5 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, we already have a triceratops skull, perhaps a Velociraptor?

And we already have Pteranodon fossil as well. But it would be nice to have Triceratops and Pteranodons fossils in Jurasic World theme anyways! Velociraptor fossil sounds nice also.

11 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Possible creatures we could expect next year:

• Dimetrodon
  • Pyroraptor
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Nasutoceratops

These are just guesses, but based on dinosaurs we have not gotten yet, and ones that are set for Dominion, we can make some assumptions.

Say, you forget to include Mosasaurus and Spinosaurus. I seconded with LegoBatman’s comment, these rumored dinosaurs may show up in the movie. It may be likely to have some new speices coming into Lego world. But...I am so in need for Mosasaurus so I could feed great white shark to the marine monster!

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Lol 

Also for future, can you please use spoiler tags for the Jurassic World Dominion leaks, thanks :)

‘M not sure if you are talking to me or you are talking to Jurassic World audience here? 

I don’t think my post containing any spoiler? It’s only rumored dinosaurs but no plot. Also, it was the theLegoBatman who mentioned rumored dinsoaurs himself tho. 

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

‘M not sure if you are talking to me or you are talking to Jurassic World audience here? 

I don’t think my post containing any spoiler? It’s only rumored dinosaurs but no plot. Also, it was the theLegoBatman who mentioned rumored dinsoaurs himself tho. 

I was just asking anyone who wants to send messages that contain spoilers, not you specifically lol.

What do yous guys think is the lowest discount we would get on these sets from retailers? I don't want to buy directly from Lego, and I'm certainly not going to pay full price for any of these, so what would be the closest estimate for discounts on any of these?

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

What do yous guys think is the lowest discount we would get on these sets from retailers? I don't want to buy directly from Lego, and I'm certainly not going to pay full price for any of these, so what would be the closest estimate for discounts on any of these?

30% at least. Probably more.

22 minutes ago, mon-o-mat said:

30% at least. Probably more.

That's generous, really generous. I wouldn't expect any more than 15-20.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Wow, havent been here in a bit. Randomly was just checking out Lego.com and saw the new sets! First thing I thought of was guyon02 so had to come on here and get his take. I had no idea there was going to be sets from the TV Show. Going to have to buy these for sure. I can't believe they have the same f***ing Owen minifigure again. I think I have about 8-9 of them already. The sets look cool, my son will love the dinosaurs. A boat set isn't surprising because of the boat sets from LEGO CITY. I don't think I will get the Fossil Exhibition until its on sale since we play pretty aggressively with them and that wouldn't be that fun for a 5 year old. 

I unfortunately feel like these sets are about $10 over priced.

Edited by Nizzy

8 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if I got to change one thing about this wave of sets I would change Brooklyn’s face and if I could hair

Here are some ideas I had for changing Brooklynn's face (yes, the second face's freckles aren't accurate, but neither are they on Hermione).

The hair is the most accurate piece we currently have, but honestly they should've sprung for a new mold. And before anyone says "but budget":

I want a better fig, and not excuses. :vader:

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Here are some ideas I had for changing Brooklynn's face (yes, the second face's freckles aren't accurate, but neither are they on Hermione).

The hair is the most accurate piece we currently have, but honestly they should've sprung for a new mold. And before anyone says "but budget":

I want a better fig, and not excuses. :vader:

Perfect job!

No argument there! We did not get any new molds for these sets, by the looks of them, so it would make sense a new hair piece should be included. Plus, like all new minifig hair/accessory/etc molds, they can be used in the future. Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

If you want to get them day 1? Just as @lego_guyon02 said, between 15% and 20%.

If you want to wait, it really depends on your luck. You'd have to wait some time to get bigger discounts than that tho.

3 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Wow, havent been here in a bit. Randomly was just checking out Lego.com and saw the new sets! First thing I thought of was guyon02 so had to come on here and get his take. I had no idea there was going to be sets from the TV Show. Going to have to buy these for sure. I can't believe they have the same f***ing Owen minifigure again. I think I have about 8-9 of them already. The sets look cool, my son will love the dinosaurs. A boat set isn't surprising because of the boat sets from LEGO CITY. I don't think I will get the Fossil Exhibition until its on sale since we play pretty aggressively with them and that wouldn't be that fun for a 5 year old. 

I unfortunately feel like these sets are about $10 over priced.

Hey Nizzy! “A bit”? Dude, you had been not around here for a LONG time! It’s nice to have you here again!

yes that annoying Owen and Claire minifigures... At least you could feed them to the hungry Trex, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, and Velocriatpor!

I agree - the prices don’t make sense at all if pieces are pretty low. And no two dinoNasirs in two large sets? Bummer but I really like all sets tho!

now we will have to wait a bit for Dominion wave next year. :classic:

9 hours ago, JLR said:

I have lots of dinoNasirs too lol

What's a dinoNasirs? (Wonder if it's something super obvious lol)

i have no idea. i think it is slang for dinosaurs or something. Dino and then you switch saurs in with Nasirs lol. I'm just going off what @DBLegonerd said lol. anyway, with of the sets are you guys passing? for me: bayonyx boat escape, and the juiors set probably too. I actually like the look of the carno set, and fossil set as well.

42 minutes ago, JLR said:

i have no idea. i think it is slang for dinosaurs or something. Dino and then you switch saurs in with Nasirs lol. I'm just going off what @DBLegonerd said lol. anyway, with of the sets are you guys passing? for me: bayonyx boat escape, and the juiors set probably too. I actually like the look of the carno set, and fossil set as well.

I will be buying all of them. I don't think my OCD would let me miss any lol (except for brickheadz and that exclusive t rex + some promotional stuff)

2 hours ago, JLR said:

I love the look of that Stiggy coloration, so maybe yes to that one? The T-rex Fossil set is a maybe, just because I would only get it for that baby Trike. I'm probably going to get the one with the Carno, just because I love the look of the jeep and the Carno (screw the helicopter). I'll see if I can only get the Baryonyx from the boat set, but I do like the look of the boat... maybe for a severe discount? These sets look pretty nifty, but the prices are kinda out of my range.

2 hours ago, JLR said:

Wait what? Did I say that? 

Anyway, defintiely, I would grab T-rex Fossil and Carnotaurus sets. But I will try to buy Stiggy separably from its sets. 

I mean, I really like baby Triceratops and Toro the Carnotaurus. I’m a Jeep guy,also so i will grab that Carno Chase. And that Stiffy.  Not sure about Baryonyx yet. Like @pancakecrocodile said, I will see if I can buy that from set without buying an entire set. 

@DBlegonerd7, same here. Jang says he doesn't like the coloration of the Baryonyx, and personally, i don't either. the boat itself is fine i guess, but the set lacks piece count and, well.... just isn't my favorite. the carnotaurus set: vehicle is great, carnotaurus is great, (love the scar print!), i'll probably use the heli for parts lol, and the minfigure collection is great(except for the INCREDIBLY RARE owen minfigure.) t.rex fossil set: looking good, love the fossil itself, and baby trike. minifgures are ok, and side build is fine. Stigamoloch dinosaur escape: love the new stiggy printing, the vehicle sucks, tree house is pretty cute. Wouldn't mind getting another ankylosauruy baby, and minfigures are great. Sets that i am most likely going to buy: carnotaurus chase, and fossil exibition.

do any of you guys do stop motion? i just tryed out my first Jurassic world stop motion like a week ago!