Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I thought someone said before no new molds this wave, because it was a wave to cover the Dominion delay, so I was already not expecting any new molds. Owen and Claire among the CC crew is strange, but understandable. Also strange how they choose the S1 Ben instead of the "jungle" Ben. Brooklyn hairpiece is a really bad choice. She looks like an elderly with that piece.

But the TRex fossil set is a great surprise! I was not expecting this, and it looks so good! The baby trike is a plus, and it looks like the skeleton is just supported on the base, with an easy removal, so the Rex can stand on its own. Superb set!

A few years ago there was a LEGO City magazine comic featuring a fossil dig site and a T rex skull being hauled onto a ship, now there's an actual skull piece print, which is cool to see.

22 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Also strange how they choose the S1 Ben instead of the "jungle" Ben.

Not all that strange actually considering all campers are based on Season 1.

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I was going to comment the same thing. I would LOVE to get a set in the future with Jungle Ben and a grown up Bumpy. That would be a nice recolor of the Ankylosaurus. That was easily my favorite part of season 2.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the prices but I feel like people don't have a rational understanding of the value of the large dino molds. Take the Toro set for example. When you seperate things out and look at what you'd expect to pay for each chunk, the value proposition makes much more sense. The helicopter would easily be a $13-$15 set, throw in one of the figures, the truck would easily be $20 with a figure or 2 and that leaves about $10 for the Carnotaur. Considering I frequently see the original Carnotaur going for $26-$33 on bricklink, I'd say this set is a pretty darn good deal. 

Edited by ToaDraco

23 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Makes sense. Bumpy is still small in this wave.

3 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I was going to comment the same thing. I would LOVE to get a set in the future with Jungle Ben and a grown up Bumpy. That would be a nice recolor of the Ankylosaurus. That was easily my favorite part of season 2.

That's a great idea, it would be a nice set!

2 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Makes sense. Bumpy is still small in this wave.

And Toro hasn't been turned into McNugget yet. 

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

And Toro hasn't been turned into McNugget yet. 

hahaha :laugh_hard: they can make another wave just with recolors. A Toro after burns, the third Baryonyx to complete the pack, and a Big Bumpy. And S2-S3 torsos for everyone.

1 minute ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

hahaha :laugh_hard: they can make another wave just with recolors. A Toro after burns, the third Baryonyx to complete the pack, and a Big Bumpy. And S2-S3 torsos for everyone.

That would be fantastic.

So all these new characters are the Camp Cretaceous people? I thought that might be the case but I haven’t seen it myself. Is it worth watching? I usually digest everything that gets LEGO tie-ins but knowing me if I watch it and get attached I’ll want to buy the entire wave to have the full cast - actually is this even the full cast? 
Ad for the sets themselves, I like the T.Rex fossil but already have the Ideas fossils so it’s a bit redundant. Probably going to pass on the 4+ set too, but the other two are good. Happy to have another Carnotaurus, and the boat . .  PPP is horrible but that’s what happens when you put an expensive exclusive dinosaur and a floating hull piece in the same set. (Fingers crossed for a good discount though.) If I can get a good price I’ll probably go for it. 

Edited by Fenghuang0296

4 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So all these new characters are the Camp Cretaceous people? I thought that might be the case but I haven’t seen it myself. Is it worth watching? I usually digest everything that gets LEGO tie-ins but knowing me if I watch it and get attached I’ll want to buy the entire wave to have the full cast - actually is this even the full cast? 

Camp Cretaceous is criminally underrated, it's an incredible show given the limitations (though Season 2 is a bit meh). 

The sets do contain the full main cast but some less prevalent sidecharacters like Dave, Roxie, Mitch, Tiff and Hap are missing. Would've been nice to see them included as well but the essential characters are there. 

Edited by lego_guyon02

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Camp Cretaceous is criminally underrated, it's an incredible show given the limitations (though Season 2 is a bit meh). 

The sets do contain the full main cast but some less prevalent sidecharacters like Dave, Roxie, Mitch, Tiff and Hap are missing. Would've been nice to see them included as well but the essential characters are there. 

Camp Cretaceous is such a great series, and it shouldn't be overlooked by people.

Those sets should've just been full on Camp Cretaceous, instead of this awkward hybrid. I hope we get more CC sets in the future.

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those sets should've just been full on Camp Cretaceous, instead of this awkward hybrid. I hope we get more CC sets in the future.

Are you talking about Scorpius Rex? 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are you talking about Scorpius Rex? 

He's referring to the sets, which are kind of a hybrid between Camp Cretaceous and made-up/LoIN stuff.

Edited by lego_guyon02

9 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

He's referring to the sets, which are kind of a hybrid between Camp Cretaceous and made-up/LoIN stuff.

Ohh that hybrid type... then I agree with Lego Batman’s point.

I mean, it’s super weird to see the mix-up between Camp Cretaceous and some make-up, especially with Owen and Claire figures. Last year, we had Dr. Wu’s Lab Breakout. It’s not 100% linked to CC but just Bumpy. I am pretty sure everyone agreed that T-rex Fossil Exhibition is going to be a CC set with Blue but now it’s just a standing T-rex fossil and no Blue. Defintiely this wave is just like 2020 wave. 

I was just thinking, if we had to get a movie character, why not Wu!?

He's literally the only movie character in the show.

Anyways, forgot to mention: I do like Stiggy's recolor, and I think Grimm is suitably vibrant, though I hate that mold with a passion, it's well detailed. Yes it sucks not to get new herbivores, and I do agree with whoever suggested using the baby dino mold for Compies.

If we do get new herbivores next year, fingers crossed for a Parasaurolophus.

Hell, I might've been more hyped if they'd rereleased the Gallimimus, but its absence is understandable.

Possible creatures we could expect next year:

• Dimetrodon
  • Pyroraptor
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Nasutoceratops

These are just guesses, but based on dinosaurs we have not gotten yet, and ones that are set for Dominion, we can make some assumptions.

11 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

• Dimetrodon
  • Pyroraptor
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Nasutoceratops

These are just guesses, but based on dinosaurs we have not gotten yet, and ones that are set for Dominion, we can make some assumptions.

yeah. the sets that are based off the films are always better then the more random sets like we are getting right now. there are always new dinosaur molds and everything. I so badly want a spinosaurus!

5 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

• Dimetrodon
  • Pyroraptor
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Stegosaurus
  • Parasaurolophus
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Nasutoceratops

Rumoured new dinosaurs that are coming in Dominion are Deinonychus, Dimetrodon, Pyroraptor and Giganotosaurus. I think we can definitely expect those 4.

I also hope Spinosaurus is included in the movie (unless they an S4 of CC to be set on Isla Sorna, then he could return there).

Then the rest will be either repeats (I pray for an accurate Blue), or dinosaurs we didn't get yet like Stegosaurus or Parasauralophus.

A new Blue that's actually accurate is a must for Dominion. The 2019 baby version had the perfect colorscheme and Toro shows that they can do assymetrical printing so everything needed to finally get her right is there.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Rumoured new dinosaurs that are coming in Dominion are Deinonychus, Dimetrodon, Pyroraptor and Giganotosaurus. I think we can definitely expect those 4.

I also hope Spinosaurus is included in the movie (unless they an S4 of CC to be set on Isla Sorna, then he could return there).

Then the rest will be either repeats (I pray for an accurate Blue), or dinosaurs we didn't get yet like Stegosaurus or Parasauralophus.

Dimetrodon - Fused body, head, sail, tail, and legs; Gallimimus jaw

Deinonychus - Recolored Velociraptor? Blegh

Pyroraptor - Possibly small Dilophosaur-based mold, otherwise a recolored Velociraptor

Giganotosaurus - Probably a recolored 2020 Indominus

Stegosaurus - Ankylosaurus lower belly, legs, leg connectors, and tiles; new head, body, and tail molds

Parasaurolophus - Most likely a Rex body, tail, and legs; unique arm and head molds, otherwise all new pieces

Allosaurus - Indoraptor jaw, body, legs (with toe claws lowered), and tail; Rex arms; New headmold

Spinosaurus - Rex body, tail, and legs; Indominus arms; New head and sail molds

Sinoceratops and Nasutoceratops - Triceratops body and legs with unique heads

Lystrosaurus - New single mold

I'm hoping for a Mosasaurus or Sauropod at some point, but those would seem like rather big projects. Are you man enough, TLG? You certainly weren't this year!

35 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

I'm hoping for a Mosasaurus or Sauropod at some point, but those would seem like rather big projects. Are you man enough, TLG? You certainly weren't this year!

Mosasaurus is pretty much the main thing I want out of a set (plus Spinosaurus). Though if they do it it will probably be either a) scaled down to the size of the T-Rex/Indominus (I think that’s even about the size actually ones were since the one in JW is scaled up) or b) be a brick built like the T-Rex in 75936.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

A new Blue that's actually accurate is a must for Dominion. The 2019 baby version had the perfect colorscheme and Toro shows that they can do assymetrical printing so everything needed to finally get her right is there.

They did one in 2015, and they missed. They did one in 2018, and they missed again. Then they did a baby in 2019, and it worked. If they miss again in 2022...

Also, since no one else has mentioned it, I might as well address it. The Stygimoloch set is reusing the same vehicle from the T rex juniors set from 2018 lol, just different colours. Also, this Stygimoloch has a similar colour scheme to the new Mattel Dracorex...

Wait, did this send? Was this sitting here for like an entire day lol? I just came to say if we would ever get limbo but then this appeared, lol

Also I have changed my mind about the Stygimoloch colour scheme

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if I got to change one thing about this wave of sets I would change Brooklyn’s face and if I could hair