Captain Nemo

Jurassic World 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The T-Rex Fossil looks pretty cool and at a great price too. Its also nice to see them add the Camp Cretaceous characters as it adds some much needed variety from the endless Owens and Claires.

I like the fossil and Carno sets. Haven’t seen the show but if it really is the big bad from the early seasons that’s a nice touch.

Interesting that they are using the city wildlife color scheme here... maybe hints at an overarching “zoo” theme?

1 minute ago, pancakecrocodile said:We're all in the same boat (not the one in 76942), buddy!

Lol they didn’t even corrected the Indoraptor’s upper and lower limbs wrongly put in 2020s Baryonix’s body for this wave. I’m not buying any of these sets this year! They better work on new species and characters for 2022

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

Interesting that they are using the city wildlife color scheme here... maybe hints at an overarching “zoo” theme?

Not so much the City wildlife colorscheme as just what the vehicles look like in the show.

8 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

I hate this wave with all of my heart, overpriced as hell and poor choice for dinosaurs. Where are the iconic HERBIVORES that haven’t been done yet by Lego? Where are the other iconic characters in the saga? Three Owens? I mean come on Lego!

I agree with you! And it’s too annoying to see three clones of Owen. Lego should quit giving us Owen and Claire figures... and I really want to see herbiovres too. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with you! And it’s too annoying to see three clones of Owen. Lego should quit giving us Owen and Claire figures... and I really want to see herbiovres too. Oh well.

Wasn't there a thing in 2015 where people were ranting that there weren't enough Owens and Claire's lol?

I am in shock as I don’t think anyone expected for the sets to be revealed today but the sets give me really high hopes for next year as it seems that they put as little budget into these sets as they could (which is a bit unfortunate) so they could go all out with new moulds and massive sets next year

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Wasn't there a thing in 2015 where people were ranting that there weren't enough Owens and Claire's lol?

Well, I don’t buy any sets from 2015. In fact, i will feed Owen and Claire to hungry T-rex and Carnotarusus. 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well, I don’t buy any sets from 2015. In fact, i will feed Owen and Claire to hungry T-rex and Carnotarusus. 

Lol ok

4 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

I am in shock as I don’t think anyone expected for the sets to be revealed today but the sets give me really high hopes for next year as it seems that they put as little budget into these sets as they could (which is a bit unfortunate) so they could go all out with new moulds and massive sets next year

I was in a lot of shock too lol, surprised they didn't get any leaked images before it's reveal, is that rare?

Also, since no one else has mentioned it, I might as well address it. The Stygimoloch set is reusing the same vehicle from the T rex juniors set from 2018 lol, just different colours. Also, this Stygimoloch has a similar colour scheme to the new Mattel Dracorex...

My preferred names for these:

Stygimoloch Escape

T. Rex Fossil Exhibition (oh, well I guess that's the same)

Toro's Pursuit

Grim's Boat Attack

Edited by pancakecrocodile

Ok so - dinosaurs have no new/updated molds? 

And I dont’ think any minifigures (except for annoying Owen and Claire) get new hairpieces? Or faces?

6 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And I dont’ think any minifigures (except for annoying Owen and Claire) get new hairpieces? Or faces?

All campers but Brooklyn have new heads.

I mean, these are dinosaur sets all right. I’ll buy all of them, but I won’t be happy about it. :shrug_confused:

35 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

Lol they didn’t even corrected the Indoraptor’s upper and lower limbs wrongly put in 2020s Baryonix’s body for this wave. I’m not buying any of these sets this year! They better work on new species and characters for 2022

This new Baryonyx does have different arms to the older one - it uses the Indominus Rex arms which are one piece instead of the 2019 Baryonyx have two separate pieces for the hands and arms. In my opinion the news arms suit its name of 'Heavy Claw' better than the old ones

Wasn't planning on getting any of these sets, but I'm definitely gonna have to pick up that fossil! Reminds me a lot of that one promo t-rex set from a few years ago

Would've been cool if the kids used mid-legs

to be honest, i personally prefer the other hands that were used for the old baryonyx. They can hold minifigures, and rotate, which the new hands pieces can't.

41 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

All campers but Brooklyn have new heads.

Thanks!

I'm surprised these sets are getting so much hate considering the, arguably much worse, sets from the last 2 years were much better received. As for my personal thoughts on each set: 

T.Rex Fossil Exhibition
Though the white is a bit distracting the skeleton looks phenomenal, especially at a $30 pricepoint. The small sidebuild is cute and quite useful and while it's not the most exciting new dinosaur I quite like the recolored baby Triceratops. The figures are a bit on the weaker side as both are available elsewhere but I love Darius nonetheless. Solid 8/10.

Stygimoloch Escape
As far as Juniors sets go this one is executed pretty well. I love the new Stygimoloch variant and the build looks nice, though obviously rather unimpressive. Ben looks good and I don't particularly care about another 2018 Claire reuse but what the hell where they thinking with that Brooklyn figure?! The torso is good enough but both the head and hair are bloody awful! 7/10.

Carnotaurus Chase
Definitely the strongest set of the wave. Toro looks amazing and I love his assymetrical printing with the large scar (can we finally get an accurate Blue now?). I adore the Camp Cretaceous truck and even though it's not the most exciting vehicle the build for the helicopter is rather nice. Owen is whatever but Kenji and Sammy are both perfect. 9/10.

Baryonyx Boat Escape
Weakest set of the lot by a landslide. Grim is recognisible enough but she feels rather simple and Juniors-like, reminding me of the green Velociraptor we got in a Juniors set back in 2018. The boat is rather unimpresive and reminds me of an incredibly watered down version of the Arcadia from Fallen Kingdom, which is probably what I will end up using this set for (albeit with some heavy MOC/MOD-ing). Owen and Echo are once again whatever, ACU's are always nice to get, Darius looks cool and as one of my favorite Jurassic characters I love that we're finally getting Yaz! Overall it's a decent set with a lot of unused potential. 6/10.

14 minutes ago, JLR said:

to be honest, i personally prefer the other hands that were used for the old baryonyx. They can hold minifigures, and rotate, which the new hands pieces can't.

The new hands can still hold figures.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Just realized that Brooklyn's head is just Claire's with different eyebrows. Lego did say there was a low budget to these sets, but really? Reusing a head for a completely different character?

11 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Just realized that Brooklyn's head is just Claire's with different eyebrows. Lego did say there was a low budget to these sets, but really? Reusing a head for a completely different character?

That's Phoebe's head from Friends, not Claire's. 

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's Phoebe's head from Friends, not Claire's. 

Eh, the mouths and eyes are similar in both heads. Thanks for pointing that out: Lego is stingier than ever this year!

43 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'm surprised these sets are getting so much hate considering the, arguably much worse, sets from the last 2 years...

I couldn’t disagree more on that. 2020s wave came with 2 dinosaurs each set (I’m not counting the 4+) and it gave us two new never seen baby dinosaurs and two new adult dinos and they were herbivores! 

I like the way they introduced the kids from CC in Lego form, but dinosaurs are same old with different coloration, no new dinosaurs. And they really should cut it out with the Owens, I like the character and the actor but having 1 per wave this year is more than enough

9 minutes ago, LegoCyt said:

I like the way they introduced the kids from CC in Lego form, but dinosaurs are same old with different coloration, no new dinosaurs. And they really should cut it out with the Owens, I like the character and the actor but having 1 per wave this year is more than enough

Personally, I really don’t mind same old dinsoaurs with different colors. I just need to populate my land with them. :) but one small thing I am bummed out - no new/update molds for dinsoaurs. Like that stupid toe claws for Baryonyx. Guyon did say there would not be any new species this year. So I am assuming we will get more new dinosaurs next year then. 

I’m getting tired of seeing Owen and Claire figures. They have no poisition in Cmap Cretaceous at all. Talking about wasting money on Owen and Claire... I’m so glad to see CC characters!

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Personally, I really don’t mind same old dinsoaurs with different colors. I just need to populate my land with them. :) but one small thing I am bummed out - no new/update molds for dinsoaurs. Like that stupid toe claws for Baryonyx. Guyon did say there would not be any new species this year. So I am assuming we will get more new dinosaurs next year then. 

I’m getting tired of seeing Owen and Claire figures. They have no poisition in Cmap Cretaceous at all. Talking about wasting money on Owen and Claire... I’m so glad to see CC characters!

I just don’t get how other companies make tons of new models and can profit much better on a theme such as jurassic, while Lego sticks to producing the same species over and over not even making improvements. How hard really is it to make compys instead of making the same baby velociraptor. Wouldn’t people prefer to have 1000000 compys which is multi-movie accurate instead of 20 trillions of repeats of 4 baby raptors that only appeared in one movie (not counting the ONE baby raptor in JP) just to give an example...